It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers 'should not get NHS care'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

How about fat people? You want them dumped from health insurance too? How about women of breeding age? Giving birth is a drain on the system. Lets get rid of old people and children too. Lord knows they drain the health care system.

Give me a break. Intrepid is right, smokers are taxed to the hilt for their digressions. I understand banning smoking in public places. Some people really cant breathe with smoke in their faces. But excluding them from services they pay into? I disagree completely.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Maybe those who choose to eat processed foods laced with deadly chemicals or drink fluoridated water should not get NHS care also?

A lot of people started smoking because they were manipulated to do so without them being aware of it. Advertising targetting them as children and Hollywood making it seem "cool" etc. So curiosity killes the cat and now they are hopelessly addicted to what is arguably the most addictive substance in the world.

I think the drug dealers responsible for pushing this drug on to people should have to pay for their health expenses. Let people smoke all they want and make them pay for it.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't know if the government should treat smokers. It's because the addiction is so strong that the 'patients' could easily go to a local convenience store and buy a pack of cigarettes to keep the habit. Then the 'treatment' would not have been fruitless to say the least.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join