It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify this Unidentified Falling Object? Fell through a warehouse in Massachusetts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's not from an airplane.

It fell though a warehouse roof in Plymouth, Massachusetts yesterday. Luckily, no one was inside at the time as it looks pretty heavy to me.

The Plymouth police are investigating, but the FAA says it didn't come from a plane.

It doesn't look "other worldly" but I'd be interested to hear what you smart folks have to say!

Here's a pic:

www.ksee24.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Looks like a slug from a railgun.

I wonder if there were any explosions nearby?
edit on 5-12-2011 by redbarron626 because: spellcheck

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't think there were any explosions since I don't live too far away. I would have probably heard something about that on the news....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They said it came from industrial equipment ejecting it far, but the same object crashed into 2 different buildings at different times and places recently. Even if it was a piece of NASA space junk, they'd never admit to it unless they had to. They don't want the public to think they are at risk from falling debris, which seems to be a more frequent occurrence past couple years.
edit on 5-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Has been covered previously HERE and HERE.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
repost.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What is the material composite, that will help determine its origin...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

A Texas man may have solved the mystery of a metal object that crashed through the ceiling of a Plymouth warehouse on Thursday.

Danny Dossman, of Belton, Texas says about 6 months ago, the exact same thing happened at his family funeral home.

Dossman has the pictures to prove it.

He saw our story online and called our newsroom.

“As soon as I saw the piece of metal, it looked so similar to the piece of metal that we had found, I knew it had to be related,” he told WBZ-TV’s Jim Armstrong.

In his case, a chunk of metal flew out of a broken tree grinder at a nearby construction site.

In the Texas case, the object flew some 800 yards. That means any grinding equipment in the entire industrial park in Plymouth could be to blame.

Link: boston.cbslocal.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Looks like a slug from a railgun.

I wonder if there were any explosions nearby?
edit on 5-12-2011 by redbarron626 because: spellcheck

My first thoughts also.
For from where it originated, think orbital weapons platform.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If this object descended from space or from a plane even, a loader-backhoe would still be digging for it.

However if it simply fell through a whse roof and bounced around the floor , I'd be looking around the neighbourhood for a couple of kids that tied a bunch of victoria secrets bras etc to a couple of trees, and lobbed the projectile mischievously over to the next block.

An orbital satellite ineffectualizer platform ordinance whatever it sadly is not.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsychology909
If this object descended from space or from a plane even, a loader-backhoe would still be digging for it.

Really? You sure about that huh? Well guess what?

YOUR WRONG

Space debris lands on houses all the time
and lots of it just lying around on the ground

Photograph: Enver Essop/EPA

Theodore Solomons sits next to the metal ball that he saw fall from the sky on a farm close to Worcester, about 150 kilometres outside of Cape Town, south Africa in April 2000. A second metal ball dropped out of the sky the following day on a farm approximately 50 kilometres outside of Cape Town. Astronomers said the balls, which were white-hot when they landed, could be parts of a decaying satellite

SOURCE: www.guardian.co.uk...

Russian scrap dealers working on a rocket booster. A lot of those fall in the fields

orbiterchspacenews.blogspot.com...

Something fell out of the sky and landed in Texas

Photograph: Steve Liss/Corbis

People gather around a spherical object, which may be a hydrogen containment tank, on a chicken farm in Nacogdoches, Texas, USA in 2003. The object fell from the disintegrating Space Shuttle Columbia

www.guardian.co.uk...

No loader-backhoe needed.

RESEARCH before engaging type

edit on 5-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Although the guy in the clip says "solid steel", it does look like it has a hollow centre. It also has clean and rusty areas, and broken at each end. Actually redbarron's idea of a railgun experiment is so in there and current for the navy, and space launching and likely 'effing dangerous.
edit on 5-12-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join