It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Gaza City blasts 'leave 13 dead'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In breaking news just reported, 13 people have been killed and even more injured. The blasts that went off in the east part of the city which are known strongholds of militant Hamas.

news.bbc.co.uk
The blasts went off in an eastern part of the city, in what correspondents say is a known stronghold of Hamas militants.

It was not clear what caused the explosions, but witnesses said it was either an Israeli air strike or tank shell attack.

There has so far been no comment from the Israeli military

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well..with relationships in that part of the ME..it was only a matter of time.

This is a developing story.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
UPDATE

A series of large explosions has killed at least 13 people and injured 20 people in Gaza City.

The explosions went off near a sports stadium that is currently used to train Palastinian Fighters.

Witnesses are saying tht an Israeli attack helicopter was in the area at the time but no one has taken responsiblity.

It was not clear what caused the blasts but witnesses said an Israeli attack helicopter was in the area at the time.

The BBC's correspondent says it appears to have been an attack on a night training exercise by Hamas fighters.

A large number of Palestinians were reported to have been in the area at the time of the blasts, close to midnight.

Well...things are gonna get worse and this seems to me that it was a sharp focused attack on a mass wipeout on the palastinian army,

Major attacks will be coming as payback.

more info as it comes

gaza attacks

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well both sides keep sniping at each other and we always predict a major blast back and it never really seems to come. I am of the opinion these two will keep throwing stones over the fence at each other for generations and we won't see true peace until a viable 3rd party steps in to intervene.

The US is not that 3rd party as we do not support the palestinian view point and Europe seems a bit against Israel. I still believe that the Vatican is the only group that could step in, negotiate and use their military to control Jeruselum on behalf of all concerned. That might get us closer to the end. Either that or at some point Israel will do the unthinkable and begin to systematically destroy all of the Palestinians.

Peace is probably never going to reign at this rate.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why use an air strikes at the football ground why not send troops into capture the suspected Palestinian fighters. This way they can interrogate them and find out where key members are. But they decided on blowing them to bits why?

"The BBC's Alan Johnston in Gaza said a football field in the east had been the target of a major attack.

Local people said Palestinian fighters had been using the sports ground for some kind of training exercise at the time"

Israeli Government
Israeli Foreign Ministry

some links you might fion of some help.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Now it is 19 dead and 30 wounded.
I guess BBC and the others will upgrade their numbers soon...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
se7en:

A smart idea in my opinion, however consider that any time an Israeli soldier sets foot in that area they get pelted by rocks and are considered "starting another conflict".

If the Israeli army sent troops in for a more precise strike to root out the extremists there would be those who would blame that action for causing the next bombing. In either case, a lose lose situation. I guess the Israelis decided if they're going to look like crap either way, look like crap without putting soldiers in harms way? I don't know... just speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For majority of this conflict (at least while I've been alive) I've sided with the Israelis, because it appeared to me that they were making the best attempt at civility. Last week that changed for me. Until recently I had no idea that the Israeli government was hiring Bedouin as soldiers to patrol the borders. For many centuries the Bedouin have been hired as merceneries in that region, as they had a reputation for being some of the fiercest warriors in the world. They'll fight for anyone willing to pay the right price and they fight against anyone whom they're paid to do so.

Just last week I saw a documentary that was put together by a team of British journalists. In one scene from this documentary, these Bedouin soldiers (in Israeli uniforms) approached the border at night and began harrassing the Palestinians with loud music and taunts. The British journalists thought that they'd like to have an interview with these a--holes, so they crafted a small white flag and began to approach the soldiers. Even though they were carrying a white flag and yelling CLEARLY that they were British journalists... the Israeli soldiers shot the cameraman in the neck and killed him... intentionally. After seeing and hearing these things, I've changed my position in this conflict. To make things worse... the Isreali government refused to admit their mistake and no compensation of any kind was offered to the family of the victim, and the soldier who fired the shot was never punished... at least not publicly.

I can't have sympathy for either side any more, as they've both shown themselves to be capable of very nasty things. I say wall both of the groups in and let them fight like cats and dogs. That seems to be what they want at least... So sad

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
BBC NEWS

"Palestinian militant group Hamas has sworn vengeance after 14 of its members were killed in an overnight strike by the Israeli air force on Gaza."

The dice jsut seems to keep rolling with these people you kill ours we kill yours check the link out above I'd expect more bombings soon.

new topics

top topics

join