It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have the button... will you push it or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
#1. Yes, i will push the button.

Because the moment I push it, everyone else will push there button. So with that thought - I either not push it and continue on with the way things are, OR; push it and start over....

I am soo ready to go so my finger has that button smashed down!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
reply to post by diamondsmith

Erm... the options, while clear, are difficult without much scenario.

Just what president are we supposed to be, and what has happened?

I don't want to jump to conclusions on an issue as important as this, albeit hypothetical.
Let's say that a state just attack one of the big cities!
edit on 5-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: a

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

I don't want to jump to conclusions on an issue as important as this, albeit hypothetical.

Conventional or Nuclear?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Conventional or Nuclear?
hydrogen

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

H-bomb attacked by a foreign state on US soil and major city, then?

Well, this is not offensive, but rather, defensive...

You didn't indicate when....

So as the first female US President...a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do-- I would either 4) Abstain because I'd rather doing a missile-carry over of said country....I don't have enough data@
Last, last resort 1) if I received enough data to warrant it...

Ohh yeahhh...We need a woman in office to at least question and analyze things around here...no one else has!

edit on 5-12-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Push it real good! No guts, no glory.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It would depend on the specifics of the circumstance.

Acknowledged state use of a nuclear weapon on a NATO country would immediately mean making war on the aggressor by the whole alliance. How it would play would depend on the nature of the aggressor.

If its a major power like Russia/China then there is no conceivable scenario where its just one city. They would have to go all in or not at all. NATO would go all in. Thats the end of our current civilisations. I would authorise the response in accordance with the scenario on file. I can't imagine anybody just standing by passively and letting themselves and their society be erased from history.

If its a smaller rogue regime with limited capability then the response can be nuanced. First would be attempted neutralisation of the enemies remaining nuclear capacity (using nukes if need be depending on military advice).

After that it would be dismantling of the nation by conventional weapons and invasion to dismantle the regime.

There is no good answer to the scenario.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Explanation: I have sent you a u2u linking the info you require!

Personal Disclosure: Everybody else can go use ATS search engine and input the following search terms ...

loam bbcode emoticons

If you see an emoticon you havent seen before ... Then OL recommends utilizing the QUOTE post function and it will display everything that member wrote including all bbcode and emoticons etc. ok!

Now Cheers before OL gets all gooey

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes, I will push the button. If I am in a bad mood, I will push the the button with an hammer, really hard and with all my force.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sure I'd push that button. Another gift that keeps on giving, we are bathing in the stuff as we speak, a little more and possibly being vaporized sounds better than dying of cancer with the radiation that's loose now. I'd rather choose my time and go with a blaze of glory.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramle
Sure I'd push that button. Another gift that keeps on giving, we are bathing in the stuff as we speak, a little more and possibly being vaporized sounds better than dying of cancer with the radiation that's loose now. I'd rather choose my time and go with a blaze of glory.
We are not Gods to decide who lives and who dies.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I would push it and keep on pushing it while laughing maniacally.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
I would push it and keep on pushing it while laughing maniacally.
2nd.
Would you assume such a decision?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

We are not Gods to decide who lives and who dies.

You asked a question and got an answer.
I guess that means the idea of the United States of America is God because we as humans are simply doing the will of an idea that is this country.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If I had the button
I would rig it so than anyone, thing that pushed it would be instantly killed

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If they had their birds coming in, I'd push it and tell everyone why it had to be done.

Sometimes taking the red pill isn't as nice as the revelations of Neo, today we as a species will take this pill. It was inevitable that this war would one day occur, the judgment day that our kind has duly willed upon ourselves. Those of you who are service to self, who will not serve any god but yourself; you caused this because you would not listen to the true will of God. You would not adapt to serve each other, except on a forced basis and therefore the Earth shall be harvested of those who would continue to enslave the minds of all for their own selfish delusions of grandeur. Today many of you will physically die and some will survive to rebuild in the aftermath. Of those that will die today, including myself, think of God and you shall survive as your awareness never dies- Have no fear, for it is to be reborn on new and perfect world. Keep in your mind God, not a god of this world itself, but the great essential nature that is pure awareness that gives Love and created your awareness in it's likeness. Those of you who are left behind on Earth, you ultimately will decide the fate of the human species, Accept the grace of God and live in balance with the earth to Live, or Reject the Grace of god for a delusion of a higher truth and Die. The choice is simple Share or Die. My god forgive me for this duty to judge the world of man. Farewell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join