It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you have the button... will you push it or not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well this is became more and more interesting!

So let's get to the next level of questioning.

The maximum stress for the President will be the beginning of the WW3.

If confront with this very difficult decision to..push it or not!

If you have this hard decision to take and very little time at your disposal what would you do?

1)Yes .I will push the button.

2)No. I will never do this.

3)I prefer not to answer to such question.

4)I abstain.

Answer please as much as it's possible and if you like to by copy and paste the 1,2,3,or 4 variants of response.

Comments are also allowed!

I try to make this thread in accordance with T&C.

Thank you for your understanding!

edit on 5-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: paste

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes i would push the button.

Hopefully the survivors will work together and generate a new world where peace and cooperation rule, unlike the world we have at present.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
No, I would only use nukes to protect planets from ET but that won't happen for a while. Wars can be won with out those cancerous missiles, which would kill civilians plus possibly sparking an nuclear retaliation from opposition. Just take out their missile defence, (assuming it's Russia) and their navy then you've won the war. The Americans are capable of that.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Krono because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Well this is became more and more interesting!

So let's get to the next level of questioning.

The maximum stress for the President will be the beginning of the WW3.

If confront with this very difficult decision to..push it or not!

If you have this hard decision to take and very little time at your disposal what would you do?

1)Yes .I will push the button. [color=gold] I KNOW THE REPROCUSSIONS FOR TAKING LIVES THAT I DIDNT CREATE, SO NO I WOULDNT UNLESS THE THREAT WAS AIMED AT ME THEN STILL I WOULD PROBABLY SEND IN MY BEST SPECIAL OR BLACK OPS TEAM TO CAPTURE THE LEADER OR DICTATOR CAUSING THE THREAT TO OTHERS AND END IT WITHOUT A SOUND. MANY POLITICIANS HAVE TO PLAY A POLITICAL GAME THAT CURVES THEIR REAL RESOPNSES DUE TO HIGHER INFLUENCES THEY REPORT TOO..[/COLOR]

2)No. I will never do this. [COLOR=GOLD] I WOULD NEVER WANT TO DO THIS[/COLOR]

3)I prefer not to answer to such question.

4)I abstain.

Hope that helps...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
1. My buttons broke, guess I've smacked it to hard lol. I say bring it on

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thank you Ophiuchus 13 you are always ..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
back in WW2 you could nuke someone without anyone nuking you.
today you nuke someone and every nation gets the ok on nuke usage.
nukes are supposed to be a deterent for war but it clearly doesn't work, i hope they never get used as weapons again because it will likely end us.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Your welcome my friend, it seems you are doing a study of some sort with some of your threads, so I try to help out with understanding for you as best as I can, and hope it helps somewhere in a good way...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Recently I've been asking myself where we - the people draw the so-called line in the sand, stand up to all this # arround us and say "No! No more!".
Should we finally come to the brink of WW3 and there is still no indication of resistance... then we as a species have failed and yes, I would definitely push the button.
I would mash that button until the lights go out.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I choose:

5) Destroy the button!

Anyone so willing to push the button should think for a minute that your targets have buttons of their own.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well i guess it depends on how shiny the button is and just how long im supposed to be staring at it. Seriously, some folks must have been tempted over the years despite knowing what would happen as a result!

Being in charge of something you know you can't touch must be a terrible test of your mental strength.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
6) destroy anyone who would want to push the button.

In other words, no. No button for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well obviously i wouldn't want to push it.

But on the flip side, last time you were told not to do something, wasn't it a challenge not to do it anyway?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Didn't mean you!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
well in reality there are more than ONE button

also each person needs a key that must be turned in order to activate the button, and they are placed longer than an arms length so that some of you itchy trigger fingered people wont start armagedon on your own

just a little f.y.i

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Depends which nukes are used. Since all nuclear non proliferation treaties do not include small scale tactical nukes, and seeing as these are developed ad nauseum by the major nuke players, i actually think that if someone uses the new tactical nukes the major players will be looking on with interest to check on their real world effectiveness (unless used on their own troops).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
I choose:

5) Destroy the button!

Anyone so willing to push the button should think for a minute that your targets have buttons of their own.
The button is out of the question, push it or not!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
6) destroy anyone who would want to push the button.

In other words, no. No button for me.
As the old song sings...."If I have a hammer...!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Damned if I Do ... and Damned if I Don't!

Hmmm what to do eh?

I DO IT and be DAMNED of course!

Personal Disclosure: Yes I am one of those mosters that if I can't win ... will absolutely make sure no one else can win either! It 's called GAME OVER and SEE YOU IN HELL!

Now what is intersting for me personally is that nuclear war isnt the ultimate [
] 'Samson' manouver ...

Grey Goo is and I only need to manufacture ONE single replicating nanobot to do it ... and that can be done ..like most goo's can ... in a simple kicthen with a microwave oven!

The consequences are that I would be the 1st victim of my own button pushing!

But after that it is DEFINATELY GAME OVER for the entire world and the entire ecosphere and the entire atmosphere and the entire ocean and the entire planets crust to about a depth of 20miles!

Nobody escapes it! It would be very sudden and can't be defended against at all!

Anybody not prepared to kill and or die for pure principle of a thing, agaisnt anybody anywhere and anywhen is NOT a leader!

But I would ONLY push said button if I was oppressed very harshly [i.e its not an offensive manouver ..its purely a defensive one ... as I would be defending the principle I am standing up a 'fighting for',... since people come and go all the time ... but POLICY is FOREVER ok!

edit on 5-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling. :shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Erm... the options, while clear, are difficult without much scenario.

Just what president are we supposed to be, and what has happened?

I don't want to jump to conclusions on an issue as important as this, albeit hypothetical.

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Off-topic:

Ey, where do you get all of these cool non-ATS emoticons? Personal Disclosure?

edit on 5-12-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join