It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Hair & why Native Indians would keep their hair long

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
if what you say about hair length is true...then why are 95% of women so naive,bossy,controling, and bitchy all the time?

Because their "antennae" are all glued together from all the crap they put in their hair.

Being a chick with very long hair I must be part of the 5% because I know nothing of the naivety, bitchiness, bossiness and controlling of which you speak.

Nice though. I'm sure you have lots of luck with the ladies. Your a charmer.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

The suggestion was that vibration travels along the hair shaft, and stimulates the nerves in the scalp.

The OP specifically quoted ‘exteriorized nerves’.

There are nerve fibers which run alongside and parallel to the hair follicle. Many mechanoreceptors are around hair follicles (these are touch receptors).

I think everyone with hair is aware of this.

The seat belt warning light for the passenger seat in my car is triggered by a pressure sensor under the seat. It is invisible and impalpable. The motion of the seat upholstery under the pressure of my girlfriend’s behind is transmitted to the sensor and on goes the light. Does that mean that the upholstery is the sensor? Of course not.

Same argument with hair and nerves.
edit on 6/12/11 by Astyanax because: of need.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I have studied with a hypnotist to help train to have better skills in this area
and it seems to have really improved my ability in many things where "intuition" is a vital component of the problem solving process

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well there's evidence, so I've read somewhere, that the whiskers on a cat are connected to the optical nerve of their eyes. Contrary to what people believe a cat can't see in pitch black night and it's thought that they can get a type if visual image form their whiskers. I don't know the composition of a cats whiskers but at a guess I'd say that they're thick hairs. Perhaps on some level we can sense things through our hair but I doubt it would be anything as stated in the OP. Well at least not for the past few million years anyway.
edit on 7-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

yet the hairs on a venus fly trap are the triggers that signal FOOD

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to posts by steveknows and Danbones

Yep. In the case of cats, a mechanism similar to that described by Bluesma is probably involved.

As far as Venus fly-traps and other plants are concerned, the ‘hairs’ aren’t really hairs but some botanical equivalent.

Are we seriously having an argument about this? Well, I’m not. This post is my last in the thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

The OP specifically quoted ‘exteriorized nerves’.

So..... you DID understand what they meant, you actually were just mocking the exact wording they used??
What is that? Some sort of biologist humor thing? Or just an attempt to be cruel??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So... you actually were just mocking the exact wording they used?? What is that? Some sort of biologist humor thing? Or just an attempt to be cruel??

None of the above, ma’am.

The exact wording used is misleading and tendentious; it was clearly formulated to provide a pseudoscientific rationale for the false, superstitious and ridiculous claim made in the OP. And it is, of course, completely incorrect; hair can in no sense be regarded as a nerve. Whoever coined that phrase must surely have known it was false to begin with; I treated it as I believe it deserved.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Well, this is a strange post of mine, because I have always said that the bible is a made-up pack of lies.

But in the bible is the story of Samson and Delilah - Samson was a strongman - he held up the pillars of the temple - and I forget the middle, but Delilah cut his hair, and he lost his strength.

Weird eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The exact wording used is misleading and tendentious; it was clearly formulated to provide a pseudoscientific rationale for the false, superstitious and ridiculous claim made in the OP. And it is, of course, completely incorrect; hair can in no sense be regarded as a nerve. Whoever coined that phrase must surely have known it was false to begin with; I treated it as I believe it deserved.

Okay fair enough. I felt their statement of it being an extention of the nerves wasn't made with the intent to fool people. Even if I thought it had been, I would have simply posted a rectification, a clarification, of what I feel is the correct information, instead of just making a mocking slur. But we all have our own style.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I think the Samson and Delilah myth has more to do with sexual potency than physical strength. It is a very strange story, chock-full of dreamlike symbolic imagery. Remember how Samson first proves his strength? By killing a lion and extracting a honeycomb from its belly. And what does he say? ‘Out of the eater came forth meat, out of the strong came sweetness.' It sounds like gobbledygook until you place a sexual construction on it, at which point it is clear that it is a metaphorical description of male orgasm and ejaculation. Then there is the incident with the two men in the whorehouse. And when he falls for Secret Agent Delilah, it’s obvious that she doesn’t really cut off his hair; that’s just a metaphorical way of saying she castrated him before delivering him to Philistines. Who, in turn, treat him exactly like an ox – that is, a castrated bull – by using him to turn millstones.

Samson is not so much a strongman as a personification of male sexuality. The association of hair with sexuality is anciently established, though the relationship varies; in ancient Greece, men cut their hair when attaining sexual maturity; men in some Middle Eastern cultures still do this. In other cultures, men and women grow their hair and let it hang loose to make themselves attractive to the opposite sex. Arab women, given little opportunity in traditional cultures to flaunt their sexuality, advertise it on permitted occasions by tossing their long hair about. And when I was a schoolboy, long hair for men was recently fashionable but wearing it long was prohibited at my school, so you had to be a grown man before you were allowed to let your hair grow out. Long hair thus became a sign of sexual maturity in that place and time.

Finally, it has been my observation that, very often, when a modern woman loses interest in men, or in sex, she cuts her hair short.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I get my hair cut pretty often and I have definitely noticed that I tend to get grumpier and jumpier in the couple days after getting my hair cut. I deal with it bc I like keeping my hair short. If I could grow my hair out without it looking like a complete mess though, I wouldn't cut it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If what is written in the op is true, which I doubt, why do soldiers have to have short hair? Wouldn't the governments of the world make sure that thier soldiers kept their hair long?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Found this video while searching for Dreadlocks!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Maybe this explains why The Beatles' music got better the longer they grew their hair and why Prince, Metallica and Lenny Kravits haven't made any good music since they cut theirs!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Many metal band members have very long hair. This disproves your theory.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
But there's plenty of native tribes with short hair who still hunt and need to be good trackers. Australian aboriginies, Kalahari bushman in Afirca etc. They have no problem though they've short hair.

Very different racially though, hair is a lot thicker too and I think their 'energy' system doesn't tune-in the same way as fine long hair does in a large percentage of caucasians.
I have thick hair and it doesn't grow long, but I think not cutting it regularly is key.
Trim it, but don't cut it off...

I've never understood the whole 'skin-head' thing. I think they remove one part of them and replace it with pack-mentality...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
If what is written in the op is true, which I doubt, why do soldiers have to have short hair? Wouldn't the governments of the world make sure that thier soldiers kept their hair long?

To remove individuality, enhance order-taking and make them better at 'soldiering' but not a being 'warriors'.

That is to say, you have a body of men acting like machines fighting modern-warfare.
Whether they'd 'fight' better with long hair in this day and age is an interesting scenario I think.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

reply to post by RedParrotHead

Many metal band members have very long hair. This disproves your theory.

*Some* metal band members are switched on.
Others are paid to churn out trashy, noise garbage.
A fair number don't even have long hair, but just use hair-extensions

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
OMG! You know another good way to enhance senses now this is super secret stuff so be careful with this sensative information. Ok my favorite technique, wear a blind fold for the rest of your life. It will do wonders for your sense of hearing and sometimes also your senses of touch, taste, and smell. Yup.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join