It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Hair & why Native Indians would keep their hair long

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is from an article I just came across last night, it's a good read and I believe has some definite truth to it.

This information about hair has been hidden from the public since the Viet Nam War .

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Viet Nam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view.

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam.

Sally said, ” I remember clearly an evening when my husband came back to our apartment on Doctor’s Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully!

Read more here- indianinthemachine.wordpress.com...

Has anyone else noticed a difference in their sensory abilities with both long & short hair styles? I've had both in my life, currently my hair is pretty long, about down to my chest, and I do notice the difference compared to when I had a hair length of less than 1 inch.

Native American Indian culture and philosophy has always resinated with me, there's a lot more to hair than we are being told by mainstream science and biology. It's not just a coincidence that fresh recruits in the military have to shave their heads, it's to start fresh so they can be re-programed the way the military industrial complex prefers one to think and act.

I think of hair like antennas, the shorter the hair, the less reception one gets from Source/ the grid/ the Vortex/ The Force, whatever you want to call it. Could be why "hippies" think the way they do maybe? Hippies do seem to be more embedded into a peaceful lifestyle, but we are to believe that is due to over usage of drugs burning them out.

Is long hair such a threat to the establishment?
edit on 12/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit- EXE Tags &Using Content Not From ATS

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There is already a huge thread about this here.

The Truth About Hair

It's an excellent thread check it out.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I went to that site to check on sources for that article. I found nothing to support the whole story or scientific conclusions that were in the "papers" the article was supposedly based upon.

What I did find glaringly obvious was a fake picture of a large skull supposedly found someplace to buttress a "giants" article.

(This same or near identical thread was around here about a year ago. I'll put it down as a self-promotion thing. I have absolutely nothing against American Indians. They were and are given a raw deal.)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

That's funny I was thinking about posting it in military projects too. Great minds think alike I suppose. Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I don't know if it's accurate. Tibetan monks, Shao-lin monks are bald and extremely sensitive. Ancient Egyptians used to be bald, specially among royalty. Extrasensory skills are more related to pineal gland. Even if hair volume has something to do with with capture of energy, I don't think it's more important to extrasensory abilities than the pineal gland.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't know if it's accurate. Tibetan monks, Shao-lin monks are bald and extremely sensitive. Ancient Egyptians used to be bald, specially among royalty. Extrasensory skills are more related to pineal gland. Even if hair volume has something to do with with capture of energy, I don't think it's more important to extrasensory abilities than the pineal gland.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Those monks no longer need the hair, and they are sitting on top of Earth's crown chakra, that helps a lot I'd think with the length of hair requirements.

Kailas is the most sacred mountain in the Himalayas, and is the centre of the world crown chakra. Located in Tibet, it is the focus for the annual Scorpio full moon event, in April or May. For the Earth, and for all immortals, this moon marks the new year, in terms of global evolution. For those who have never worked with the lunar calendar, this particular full moon, associated with Mt. Kailas, is a good place to start.

www.earthchakras.org...
edit on 5-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

lol jibby that other thread is 21 pages about same article
still it's from a year ago
the subject may be new for some

and might be worth revisiting in case anybody should have something new

i'd read this back in the L70's-E80's somewhere
and completely forgotten/incorporated it

and yeah i was at my most psychic in college when i had my hair really long i also had it chemically straightened at the beauty parlor lol as the hair on the sides back and top grow differently

when short was at my lowest currently haven't cut it in 4 years don't think i ever will again

as i understand it head hair is like the leaves of a tree and tunes into cosmic/astral/sky-power
while facial/beards are like roots and are tuned to the earth-power.

Samson is mentioned on the other thread he was a Nazarene/Nazorite, no wine, women or cutting his hair, an ascetic sect or practice though any jew can do this for 7 years as a consecrational/devotional practice, sorta like making a promise in the catholic church
ex. my grandma always wore white, as a promise to the virgin for having a child.

samuel the last of the judges was also a nazarene, he was consecrated before birth, and of course jesus is often referred to as the nazarene,

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Long hair may make it easier for a person to pick up sound vibrations. The slight movements from the vibrations could be felt on the scalp and make a person more aware of their surroundings.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

development of ESPer abilities would be harder with a shaved head
sorta like using training weights on your ankles and wrists if your a runner

also remember, that those monks develop siddhis as a side affect of spiritual/mystic development
said siddhis being considered a distraction.

the more magical characters in myth and art in those parts tend to have long hair
Milarepa being the 1st to come to mind

link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

oops triple post

the egyptians shaved their heads
because of the prevalence of lice
edit on 5-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

link   
triple post

the shaving of monks heads [tonsure]
my have been intended to repress any latent psi-abilities

lets not forget that the typical image of a Prophet or a Great Magician
is of a man with exceedingly long hair and beard

not to mention Michelangelo's depiction of the ancient of days upon the sistine chapel
wich is the image that most comes to mind for most when thinking of god in the west
edit on 5-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
if what you say about hair length is true...then why are 95% of women so naive,bossy,controling, and bitchy all the time?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
good article that has me wondering,cause i seem to get depressed when my hair is in need of a hair cut.once done my mood starts lifting.am i socially programmed or am i perciving something?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
if what you say about hair length is true...then why are 95% of women so naive,bossy,controling, and bitchy all the time?

Think you're referring to Americanized women under heavy emotional manipulations from the culture and foods. American women are the minority of the world population, so it's more like 5%.

To answer your ?, I think women are naturally more attached than men, but in America that's not always the case.
edit on 5-12-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think it is thought provoking.
I have gone through times of my life with very short hair, and times of very long hair, and I must admit there is a correlating difference in how I was experiencing the world at those times.
The short hair times do not correlate with a sensitivity to the physical world, they go hand in hand with times of a spiritual enlightenment that is more of inner introspection and self awareness,
Whereas my long hair times go with times of intense sensitivity to the exterior world and awareness of other.

So I wouldn't see it as necessarily being spiritual or non-spiritual, and do not think the hypothesis would rule out monks who shave their heads, for example. Whether one delves deeply into awareness of other and exterior, or self awareness and interior, ultimately they always lead back to each other in extremis (know theyself, you shall know other/ know other and you shall know thyself).

Interesting hypothesis, anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Neat topic, even the Bible has segments on the hair, and how the holy men wouldn't shave until after their fasting, like john the Baptist.

Or Sampson,

There are also cultures who think long hair attracts spirits so they keep it short, that could explain why some believe long hair gives you extra sensor perception, and helps you commune with the spirit world, mine is usually waist length, cut it a few years ago, deeply regret it, and yes, I have this thing for keeping it long.

Wanted to add that after the prophets sojourn in the wilderness, he would shave and cut his hair,
edit on 113131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

It appears you are hanging with the wrong crowd...that or you are young, perhaps an era of over stimulated hormones.

Always look within to find your answers.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
This is from an article I just came across last night, it's a good read and I believe has some definite truth to it.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in their sensory abilities with both long & short hair styles? I've had both in my life, currently my hair is pretty long, about down to my chest, and I do notice the difference compared to when I had a hair length of less than 1 inch.

Native American Indian culture and philosophy has always resinated with me, there's a lot more to hair than we are being told by mainstream science and biology. It's not just a coincidence that fresh recruits in the military have to shave their heads, it's to start fresh so they can be re-programed the way the military industrial complex prefers one to think and act.

I think of hair like antennas, the shorter the hair, the less reception one gets from Source/ the grid/ the Vortex/ The Force, whatever you want to call it. Could be why "hippies" think the way they do maybe? Hippies do seem to be more embedded into a peaceful lifestyle, but we are to believe that is due to over usage of drugs burning them out.

Is long hair such a threat to the establishment?
edit on 12/5/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit- EXE Tags &Using Content Not From ATS

There is only a psychological difference. For the person with the long hair that difference usually wears off over time, like everything else. Afa hippies, they would be the same way if all their hair fell out, only change is in how they would look but they can cover that up with some type of hippy head gear and other things associated with the hippy look.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
As a long-haired Native American who is skilled in tracking and such, I must say I never really thought about it.

That said, however, my grandmother taught me that we emanate signals that animals and other humans pick up and react to. She taught me to still my mind, body and spirit in order to hunt successfully and to disappear from observation, to become a tiny, infinitesimal presence deep within myself that only reacted without thought to that preprogrammed circumstance that was determined beforehand. Sorry if that is unclear, but there are some concepts that are hard to translate form one culture to another.

Could hair length and chemistry make a difference? Possibly, I wouldn't rule it out completely. But I learned to use my whole body and spirit to detect things and collate them into knowledge. I know I "see" more with whole-body energy than with my eyes.

If the original story is true, I would suspect that the difference had more to do with culture shock than hair length.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join