It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ron Paul Ad - Big Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Saw this come out on the Ron Paul facebook page about 30 minutes ago.

This is...quite a different type of ad. For those that cant watch, this ad says some politicians "bark" like big dogs, but when its showtime, they dont do anything. It goes on to say Paul has been wanting big amounts of cuts for years, and mentions the 5 departments he wants to cut.

I like the part where it says "They wimper like little shih tzu's"
edit on 5-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Short, sharp, visual and to the point. What else is there to say?
Great video.
Ron "Pitbull" Paul?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This may just be, the best thing, I've ever seen, in my life...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I love Dr. Paul, and this ad is very interesting. Im pretty sure that the narrator is the same guy that does those ford f-150 commercials .

I think Ron Pauls marketing team has really caught on to the idea that Americans as a society will respond better to ostentatious visuals with an aggressive presentation. I wish more cared about the issues but this ad is exactly what Paul needs to win over the superficial ideologies of our society.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

No wonder I feel like going out to buy a truck now.

Lol

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Love it,

At first as much as I could see, that Ron Paul would be a real, Great President,

I never thought he would get a chance, but now,

Because of the timing of his run(s) for office, with the current economic crisis,

He may just have a chance.

Depending on how easily the Military/Industrial complex can fix the voting system! (again!)

Its been said many times before, but this man IS your last hope land of the "free".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Big money will do whatever it takes to make sure the little shi tzus win and remain in office.
I, however, will continue to support Dr. Paul.
GEAUX RON PAUL!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah thats a good ad, It has the same style of that one released a month or so ago, there is a big thread on ATS about it here...

Its a bit longer, but similiar style...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wow, I can relate to this ad!

Good one for RP.
Should air this on Monday Night Football.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Anyone notice the retarded amount of views versus the amazing amount of likes? I went there commented when there was 1571 likes, and 302 views.

After my comment I looked again and it was 1600+ likes and still........302 views...something smells here .
edit on 5-12-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Anyone notice the retarded amount of views versus the amazing amount of likes? I went there commented when there was 1571 likes, and 302 views.

After my comment I looked again and it was 1600+ likes and still........302 views...something smells here .
edit on 5-12-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

YouTube has a weird thing where the number of views is temporarily halted at around 300 for new and popular videos. Once verified by the YouTube staff, the numbers are then updated and current. They do this to prevent view count fraud.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I come home from class and I see that this ad has been getting pretty popular. This is what I see when I open up Yahoo.com.

Top of the news, eh?

And here's the article.

news.yahoo.com...

DES MOINES, IOWA-- Ron Paul's presidential campaign released a comparitvely edgy new ad Monday that will air on local and cable networks across Iowa and New Hampshire. The spot touts Paul's call to cut a trillion dollars from federal budget in his first year in office.

It's a far cry from the other campaigns' ads, which have taken more careful, traditional approaches in the early states.

Paul placed second in the latest Des Moines Register poll of likely Republican Iowa caucus goers, and could be poised for a strong showing in the state's Jan. 3 caucus vote.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That ad must be geared towards the younger voters.
I thought it looked cheap and cheesy, myself.
I kept expecting to hear "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!"

It's probably the absolute perfect ad for him to put on TV.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x

It reminded me of the parody type of media in Idiocracy. I think it is intentional and meant to be a tad cheesy. I can appreciate it for what it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't like the ad, too flashy, not enough substance, but then again, that is probably perfect for television. Obviously that ad wasn't for folks like you and me. Maybe that's a good thing?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

He is a new kind of politician not afraid to leverage what works in American Media. When you "Muscle-it-up" the common man listens and those are the votes you sincerely need.

I applaud this effort considerably.

LOL, he would of got me voting as a Canadian for him as well had he been yelling "BEER, BEER, BEER AND MORE BEER!" with a hand crushing a beer can....*drools*....I am going to get a beer. Been fun!
edit on 5-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't like the ad, too flashy, not enough substance, but then again, that is probably perfect for television. Obviously that ad wasn't for folks like you and me. Maybe that's a good thing?

Your right it is perfect for television because the attention span for the average American isn't that long. It has to short flashy and loud then it's perfect.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. He does have to appeal to a wide audience. Some of whom might suffer from shorter attention spans, or are just tired of the same bland campaign ads we are used to seeing. For those types - This ad exists. Personally, I like the Armed Chinese Troops one morder1 shared and made sure to go comment in that thread as well. Thanks buni for posting this one too... If it weren't for ATS I would not see many of these Ron Paul ads (I sure don't see them make it to Television in my area often).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As others have already said, I believe this ad is meant to be an "attention grabber", not neccesarily an ad full of substance. How many people actually watch commercials for substance anyways?

reply to post by Sek82

If it weren't for ATS I would not see many of these Ron Paul ads (I sure don't see them make it to Television in my area often).

Same here, although sometimes I see the ads on facebook first. I think most of these political ads (for every candidate, not just Paul) are released in particular locations, such as early primary states such as Iowa and NH. This one is supposed to only air on local and cable networks in those 2 states (aside from youtube).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I truly believe the following goes through the heads of people who do not support RP

"I'm voting for the same kind of person we have been putting into office for the last 40 years because you know maybe this time we will get different results."

You know one day when I mix lemon juice and water I might get chocolate milk. I will never know unless I keep trying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join