It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists Dominate Egypt Election Results

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EgypTer

great! An Egyptian here! This si what we need my friend, we need you here to tell us what is really happening instead of some American/british always thinking that they have all correct!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have a feeling that this is not good news for the Eygptians who wanted Freedom and fought hard to get it

Another time we are witnessing other nations choose Islam and liberal Americans say " It is not good news ".

Of course Islam is not a good news as much as active Christianity is not good for oppressors.

Those people can not be fooled and played with like sheep. They fight for their right. They fight for justice.

IMO the people in Egypt have chpsen the way they want to live.

And this is Why US is so mad at Iran

Because Iran told other countries in Middle East that it is possible to live in Islamic democratic country.

Peace to Egyptians.

Iran is neither a Democracy nor a Republic. It is a tyrannical, Islamic Thugocracy. And allowing a bunch of thugs to gain control of Egypt is a good thing. As it will show the next generation of Egyptians the evil of Islam.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And this is why I love you.
In spite of the fact that we disagree on many issues, I can't agree with you more on this.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

so talking # about Islam is okay but talking # about Judaism is bigotry??

I dont think I understand

Besides, who told you terrorism hasnt been seen in Judaism?
gush emunim june 2nd 1980
Bat Ayin
Kingdom of Israel group
Brit HaKanaim

The first terrorists: Sicarii

terrorism.about.com...
www.jstor.org...

Terrorism can be found in any religion my friend!! It is everywhere! Extremism unfortunately exists!
edit on 6-12-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

excelent post as well!

I think people should mind their own bussiness and affairs, not like the West is the same empire as it used to be. I see it crumbling and giving bad press to anything different just creates fear and unites people in dark times.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

ok, shall we just say that there is cruelty everywhere and certain people of every Faith and colour should be destroyed?

I for one would bring back the death penalty for Peodophiles for example... they sicken me.... not old age stoning as they do in some Islamic Countries but Electric Chair or death by needle... they would need to die quickly.... even shot if that was the way!

Can i ask you, do you like the Burqa? Would you like everyone to be wearing this dress?

me personally think its a depressing piece of dress which just kind of keeps those who are actually Free in some kind of fixed state of depression and opression of which they can't get out of even in a Free Country!! It even depresses me when i'm out having a great day and i see this walk by, it darkens my day.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
ok, shall we just say that there is cruelty everywhere and certain people of every Faith and colour should be destroyed?

There is cruelty everywhere. What is the obsession with destroying people who disagree with the West?

Can i ask you, do you like the Burqa? Would you like everyone to be wearing this dress?

I would like for it to be a choice. Many Muslim women CHOOSE to wear it. It's not my business what other people wear. Why is it yours?

me personally think its a depressing piece of dress

Then don't wear one. Don't like the Burqa? Don't wear one! Don't want an abortion? Don't have one! Don't approve of gay marriage? Then don't enter into one!

I don't deny that women in Muslim countries aren't treated the way I want to be treated, but we had to work long and hard to gain our independence. That's how freedom is won. By the people fighting for it.

When the US gets to the point where we're all treated equally, everyone is cared for, people aren't starving and living on the streets, and the poor children aren't begging for food and clothes, THEN we'll have the right to tell others how we did it, but it should be THEIR choice and THEIR fight that gets them what they want.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by azulejo

I for one would bring back the death penalty for Peodophiles for example... they sicken me.... not old age stoning as they do in some Islamic Countries but Electric Chair or death by needle... they would need to die quickly.... even shot if that was the way!

me personally think its a depressing piece of dress which just kind of keeps those who are actually Free in some kind of fixed state of depression and opression of which they can't get out of even in a Free Country!! It even depresses me when i'm out having a great day and i see this walk by, it darkens my day.

Well, that is an interesting response. I appreciate you didnt insult me!
I like a good healthy debate! Lately, it has been difficult in ATS

Obviously no, we cannot destroy all faiths and colours but we need to accept them that they exists and that in their minds, in their country, it works generally and it is their reality. In some areas of Africa cheese is pretty disgusting and I was quite shocked by some Africans telling me how disgusting of me eating cheese but how can I explain myself? I just laughed and said that back in Europe and teh Americas is pretty common and I told him he might not be very happy in France! He couldnt understand but whos right? Its a simple thing, cheese! Not a profound discussion and lifestyle or culture. None of us is right, we can probably get into a discussion how meat is better, then talk about being vegetarian or talk about the bad things about cheese but would it matter? Things sometimes are...

No, I dont want the death penantly in the UK for example even though there has been petitions around asking for it back. Maybe you are right, some people should die but in my opinion, we arent here to condemn people.
Sometimes again, things are because they are. Maybe we should even look for the pedophile father who abused him and raped him when he was a child and kill him too but how are we going to fix society like this? The pedophile unfortunately learned that abuse of children is common and normal because it was in the family. Just like the terrorist is now a terrorist because a bomb distroyed his entire family. I am not justifying this behaviours and Thank God I am not messed up and I have better judgement but at the same time, it is a very humane way of reacting to experiences and at the same time, not every would react in such extreme. You still have to see the whole picture quite objectively and sometimes people themselves arent to blame for who they are now. Some people were brave enough, sane enough, got enough help to come out of that and reflect that those behaviours will not help in any good but create more extreme.

I personally dont like the burqa, I find it very uncomfortable but I was in the Middle Eastern desert and I found the burqa then very refreshing to wear because it will help against the sun and teh sand while not making me feel hot.

I also dont like how Lady gaga and Rihanna or Beyonce dress while in concert bearing their legs and being such sexual objects, I think they give women a bad name. I do think women may have acquire more rights in the West and more recognition but I think they have become more of a sexual object and society have too many expectations of them.

I really dont like extremes.

The jilabba for example in Morocco are very nice and refreshing too in the Sub-Saharan country. I asked women in Morocco if they would exchange it for skirts and they said no, because men look at them at the face and nor their legs and they are taken more seriously and (here is the kicker) they thought Western women were opressed sexually! I was pretty shocked by this statement but I can see where they were coming from. In Marrakech you see fitten jeans and shirts just as many jilabbas. There are optional and they do have a choice in wear.
Of course, Afghanistan is a extreme and a very different country compared to Morocco, Mali, Emirates or Turkey.

Any extreme is very argueable and I simply dont like extremes

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The people should have their government. Its that simple.

If we go to war with Egypt again , let it be known that Egypt is in alliance with Hardliners that support Muslim Jihad against non believers. Our bombs have very little emotion.

People had a chance to choose what they wanted. If their government turns into what Iran's has become , then they asked for it.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is the issue with the ME and revolutions. More often than not, they go right back to the same type of government that they wanted to get rid of. It is a region of the world where their religion is the main influence on their decisions.

If you wanted to know what living during the medieval period and crusades was like the ME is the closest thing to it. Although it is a different religion that is dominate. Until the people themselves breakaway from their hard line religious beliefs then we will always have problems with the ME, just like people have a problem with the western world imposing their influence upon the world the ME will do the same with their religious views as we are currently seeing all through Europe.

Most people can't understand and wouldn't be able to handle the fact that we are in a perpetual state of war. War is not always fought with violence, it is also fought with information. If you win the information war you win the physical war. That is why education is so important.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

so talking # about Islam is okay but talking # about Judaism is bigotry??

You didn't really read what was posted, did you?
And shame on those who actually gave you a star for your comments. (I can guess who ... )
This thread is about ISLAM and EGYPT. A poster popped on and started off in a strange and wild direction about Jews killing Jesus and that Islam is just fine but that the Jews are the ones to treat women horrid. His/her posts seem rather obsessed with bringing Jews into the conversation and it's rather strange and obsessive.

I dont think I understand

Obviously you don't.

Besides, who told you terrorism hasnt been seen in Judaism?

And where did I say that? No where.
But the fact is .. it's IRRELEVANT to discussing radical islam taking over Egypt after an election.

edit on 12/6/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Bottom line ... Egypt voted for these extremists ... they either agree with the views of the extremists or they were bamboozled by them. Either way ... they are going to get what they asked for ... and it isn't going to be fun for them. I feel bad for the women who are going to have to live under it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Let me burst a bubble! Blop!

Can I also say that Islam did get along with people and still do? You should meet a couple of Turkish people, you probably wouldnt even guess they follow Islam. What about the 800 years of the Muslims being in Europe?
I tell you, Al-Andalaus was a magnifique empire, it was very rich in culture and education and Jewish and Christian did live in it and they were treated pretty well.
It is called the Golden Age for a reason and there is also the Golden Age of Jewish culture while the rest of Europe wasnt so great.. Read about it.
You should go to Andalusia, you will truly love it. All the arquitecture, the beautiful arquitecture standing like Alhambra was done by the Muslims, Christians and the Jews together. It is so beautiful!

The Golden Age The situation improved in 711 when Spain fell under the rule of the Muslim Moors. Both Muslims and Jews built a civilization, based in Cordoba, known as Al-Andalus, which was more advanced than any civilization in Europe at that time. Jews were able to coexist peacefully with their neighbors; however, they were still treated as dhimmis, "People of the Book" (Jews and Christians) who are protected under Islamic law. Jews did not have complete autonomy and had to pay a special tax, the jizha , but were able to freely practice their religion. The era of Muslim rule in Spain (8th-11th century) was considered the "Golden Age" for Spanish Jewry. Jewish intellectual and spiritual life flourished and many Jews served in Spanish courts. Jewish economic expansion was unparalleled. In Toledo, Jews were involved in translating Arabic texts to the romance languages, as well as translating Greek and Hebrew texts into Arabic. Jews also contributed to botany, geography, medicine, mathematics, poetry and philosophy. A number of well-known Jewish physicians practiced during this period, including Hasdai Ibn Shaprut (915-970), who was the doctor for the Caliph (leader of Spain). Many famous Jewish figures lived during the Golden Age and contributed to making this a flourishing period for Jewish thought. These included Samuel Ha-Nagid, Moses ibn Ezra, Solomon ibn Gabirol Judah Halevi and Moses Maimonides.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Al-Andalus: A Case Study in Inter-Religious Tolerance, By Joshua Stanton
irdialogue.org...

Brief history of Al-Andalus
home.earthlink.net...

You really need to tone down and be less defensive so people can treat you with respect and take you seriously. It hasnt been the first time for you to response so defensive towards me, it is not my fault you and I dont share the same views and you know what? In a world with more than 6 billion people, it is rather normal.

and for the stars people gave me, that isnt relevant. People are allow to give stars, flags to anyone here! You got annoyed because I got 2 stars? LOL thats rather selfish! hahahaha

Lighten up my friend!

I just say your post and responded your post, you should be glad other topics come to the threat. The more topics the more we learn. It is completely normal for topics to go off in tangents. Dont worry, there isnt any harm intended!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am afraid you read what i wrote incorrectly.

I'm not going to say anymore but maybe you should read the post below yours.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Maybe we should wait a little bit and see if these people are actually extremist. Do you know these people, are they your neighbours? do you know their families? Have you visited Egypt? Do you know Egyptians?

I really really dont know the Islamist party of Egypt and I am pretty sure a lot of people in ATS dont either.

They just got elected and for a reason so I advice you wait and see what happens!

A lot of people were happy about Obama winning, now they are not that happy anymore... we never know until 6 months or more have passed. Unless my Egyptian friend here can shine a light and tell us more!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

You look at that Peter's Projection yet? No.

All that love for their fellow man, and not a place in 1/3 of the World for the plight of Palestinians. All those refugees the Islamic nations take in are straining their resources.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I think people should mind their own bussiness and affairs,

Ah yes .. the mysterious battle cry of the far left when someone exposes problems in Islam.

Knowing what is going on in the world is not failing to 'mind your own business'. Seeing what is potentially a national security problem for the future is not failing to 'mind your own business'. Preparing for that problem is not failing to 'mind your own business' ... it's self preservation. Considering the amount of $$$ that goes back and forth between the USA and Egypt, business and military contracts as well as tourism, it is important to know where that country stands on issues .. knowing the stand they take is not failing to 'mind your own business'.

edit on 12/6/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Maybe we should wait a little bit and see if these people are actually extremist.

The muslim brotherhood has proven themselves to be extremists already.
Hudson New York

Its credo was and remains: "Allah is our objective, the Quran is our constitution, the Prophet is our leader, jihad is our way and death for the sake of Allah is the highest of our aspirations."

The organization believes the Quran and Sharia law (the "Justice" part of "Freedom and Justice") should be the basis for any Islamic government; that all Muslims should be unified under a Caliphate, and that its principles include "liberating Arabs and Muslims from foreign imperialism

A lot of people were happy about Obama winning, now they are not that happy anymore...

Yes, thank god some of them have woken up. It's always a perplexing thing to see some of those who voted for the guy still hanging on and defending him and his actions.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Helixer

We bring in many refugees and help them. Ask Palestines neighbours why they cannot do the same.

A THIRD of the planet. And not a single place for the plight of their brothers. Amazing.

Why should their neighbors have to take in refugees? Why is it ok for the Zionist to kill them and steal their land. Do you actually believe the fairy tale of the land belonging to the Jews? But then again it's only Muslims being killed so that's ok right? When will people get it through their heads this land doesn't belong to the Jews.

Cry me a river. It is done. They are there. The tiny spec of desert that is Israel is a piece of dust in their eyes.

I'm tired of listening to their whine. If they cared, they'd make space for them and they don't. As a matter of fact, the Islamic nations of the World treat refugees like garbage. They treat immigrants with a distrust never seen in a Western nation, and limit the powers of anyone who isn't Islamic.

I'm tired of the apologists. I don't care about the plight of Palestinians. Their Islamic Brothers are using them to grind them into paste for a political point, and because anytime *they* let in Palestianians they get repaid by having them trying an attempt coups of their governments.

There is a whole World of other issues, and what the Islamists are doing with the help of our governments and corporations is a frackin' travesty. While you drill down one tiny piece of desert dust, they are setting up an Empire over the areas of greatest trade. Blind, suicidal idiocy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

please please see my other posts and answer them too!

Its lovely how you do so!

Dude, I find the whole Islamic global domination quite far out tahts why I say mind your own business in the same sense as... it is pointless to think about it.

I must say English is not my first language and sometimes my ways of expressing dont come across quite like I would like!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join