It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists Dominate Egypt Election Results

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
The Muslim Brotherhood is Egypt's best-organised political group and popular among the poor for its long record of charity work.

I have a feeling that this is not good news for the Eygptians who wanted Freedom and fought hard to get it.... let alone the rest of us who would be working out there or wanted to work/visit!!

No offense, but I think it's about time that people re-assess what democracy really means.

Democracy is an option for politics that allows multiple parties with various perspectives to be brought into power by elections.

While this may seem like a logical route for people to wish for when it comes to the leadership of their country, it is actually not all as it is cracked up to be. All Western-style democracy has ever shown in modern times is that the political group who happens to have the best organization and backing is likely to win, NOT necessarily a party who is actually in the best interests of the people.

In fact, democracy is not even wanted in a lot of countries, especially developing nations. This includes countries in the middle east, Africa, and South America. Democracy actually holds back a country from development, since a more authoritan regime has a permanent basis to actually carry out a lot of its long-term plans without having to put most of its energy into simply trying to survive elections.

This may not sound nice, but it's a fact of life. Developing nations require a strong regime to lead them to a stage beyond development. When a country is established, then democracy is a more prevalent issue in order to determine how to direct the nation's available resources- but the nation must produce its sustainable infrastructure before this stage and bipartisan politics is not always the best way to do it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helixer

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by hmdphantom

Islam is intolerent of anything non-islamic and treats women like cattle. How is this in anyway good news for Egypt and the rest of the world? All those months fighting for a new system and they are going to end up with an Egyptian version of the taliban......... What a waste of time and effort.

I would be interested in seeing how many of the tahrir square protesters are casting an islamic vote 'not many of them I think'.

I think you are confusing Islam with Judaism.

You are also commenting on a stereotype in your mind.

Judiasm does not involve the removal of a woman's clitoris which prevents her from having an orgasm her whole entire life.

I choose Judiasm as a woman.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by GLontra

The big deal is that you fail to understand that having a religion isn't the same as being RULED by one.

I couldn't have said it better Aeons. Being ruled by a religion is entirely different.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Not all cultures are worthy of respect.' - Ibn Warriq

The 300 year old cultures for example ?
Or maybe Hitler is saying that ? ( about Jews )

IBN WARRIQ. Author of 'Why I am not a Muslim' and "Why i am not a Christian". Excellent author. Highly suggest you read his work. It is educational. A so called 'culture' that treats women worse than cattle ... that says it's okay to lie to people as long as it promotes Islam ... that stones homosexuals in the public square (Iran) simply because they were born that way ... These are cultures not worthy of respect.

The age of the so-called 'culture' is irrelevant.
It's not that hard to understand.

Once again you confuse Islam with Judaism. It is Judaism that treats women as haifers only good for breeding lines. By the time a Jewish women become middle aged, the abuse is so bad they become neurotic wrecks. It from these bizarre, cult induced neurosis' that Freud developed his architypes.

The Jewish custom consider women unclean and a man will only have sex with her through a hole in the bedsheets. Even worse, Jewish women have their hair forcibly shaved to humiliate and abuse. Must secular Jews have no idea what their faith is really about and cannot believe what other terrible acts that go on.

Look at the following video from Oprah. This is one of the few shows that got through the censors exposing the black flag of Judaic cult. Secular Jews are innocent of these horrors.

There are plenty of good people who are Jewish in name only. At the heart of Judaism you will find the forces that killed Jesus Christ and secular Jews have no idea.

You are confusing Judaism with Islam. Muslims did not kill Jesus Christ.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Helixer because: Youtube

I'd like to see you justify female mutilation Helixer.

And before you spout off circumsision of the penis, keep in mind once the clitoris is removed it cannot be replaced - a female cannot achieve orgasm wheras a male can with or without circumsision.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Want to know were woman allowed to vote?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I can answer that. Muslim Brotherhood are businessmen and bankers. Sorry to break your bubble

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Damn. I didn't see that coming.

News flash! Roman Catholics in Italy bring Italian Priminister to a landslide win!

edit on 6-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by australian2011

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by hmdphantom

Islam is intolerent of anything non-islamic and treats women like cattle. How is this in anyway good news for Egypt and the rest of the world? All those months fighting for a new system and they are going to end up with an Egyptian version of the taliban......... What a waste of time and effort.

I would be interested in seeing how many of the tahrir square protesters are casting an islamic vote 'not many of them I think'.

I think you are confusing Islam with Judaism.

You are also commenting on a stereotype in your mind.

Judiasm does not involve the removal of a woman's clitoris which prevents her from having an orgasm her whole entire life.

I choose Judiasm as a woman.

Did you just claim that Islam forces women to have their clitoris removed? And you blame this on the religion as a whole, instead of just the extremist sects that are the ones who do this?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hey Hey guys WTF It's not Afghanistan in here, no one can enforce any religious bul# on us and no one can change our Egyptian culture and identity, Even if they want they really can't it's a mess over here lots of political groups and even variety of Islamic groups, Ikhwan are gonna be walking on eggshells to satisfy the people or else they know what's gonna happen, if they #ed up we're gonna threw them in the nearest garbage also the Army will be glad to interfere again which I hate but that's whats keeping USA & Israel calm about it

We just need to get the other political parties stronger and Islamists will shrink to 20-30 % in the parliament and may be less than that.
Egypt will not be another Iran may be Another Turkey (I hope)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Helixer

We bring in many refugees and help them. Ask Palestines neighbours why they cannot do the same.

A THIRD of the planet. And not a single place for the plight of their brothers. Amazing.

Why should their neighbors have to take in refugees? Why is it ok for the Zionist to kill them and steal their land. Do you actually believe the fairy tale of the land belonging to the Jews? But then again it's only Muslims being killed so that's ok right? When will people get it through their heads this land doesn't belong to the Jews.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I am suggesting that you are sublimating feelings you have about your own faith or lack of and tranferring it on Muslims.

No. What I believe or don't believe is irrelevant.

Until 9/11 most people had no problems with Muslims

Totally false statement. Islam has never gotten along with others.
Islamic Terrorism isn't new . Islamic terrorism is what founded Islam. It was founded by lies and by mass murder. That's how it spread.

Zionist Jews know they are hated even by their allies.

More hate rhetoric about jews from you .... and they aren't the subject of this thread.

Jews are being set up but you are too narcissitic and arrogant to realise what is to befall you.

Your anti-Jewish bigotry is shining forth.

You confuse Islam with Judaism.

You are still wrong. And you are projecting the problems of Islam onto those whom you hate.
You are in DENIAL.

As I said ... This is ISLAM ... NOT the Jewish faith ....
It treats women awful.

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they would make more reliable witnesses.

Qur'an (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Qur'an (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands if there is no water to purify them following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Qur'an (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse, which it has been used historically to justify. If this is what Muhammad meant, however, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).

Qur'an (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four" Inequality by numbers.

Qur'an (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names." Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Qur'an (4:24) and Qur'an (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Bukhari (6:301) - continued - "[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'" Allah has made women deficient in the practice of their religion as well, by giving them menstrual cycles.

Bukhari (2:28) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven ever mentioned by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell).

Bukhari (62:81) - "The Prophet said: "'The stipulations most entitled to be abided by are those with which you are given the right to enjoy the (women's) private parts (i.e. the stipulations of the marriage contract).'" In other words, the most important thing that a woman brings to a marriage is between her legs.

Bukhari (62:58) - A woman presents herself in marriage to Muhammad, but he does not find her attractive, so he "donates" her on the spot to another man.

Muslim (4:1039) - "A'isha said [to Muhammad]: 'You have made us equal to the dogs and the asses'" These are the words of Muhammad's favorite wife, complaining of the role assigned to women under Islam.

From -
A womans worth compared to a man's in Islam
edit on 12/6/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
shiria - blame all your woe's on the women.
if it gets bad cut a nose or ear off - of course ya wanna beat them first.
talk about throwin the world back to the stone age.
i hope women every where start to turn on this non religion.
it's more of a mini gubberment - designed to enslave half the population.
any socalled religion that says convert or die...should be thrown out - and maybe - just maybe start treating women like trully valuable human beings.
and - what's up w/ the cover your women head to toe - geez are you islam types so rabbit like ya can't control yourselves or what.

edit on 6-12-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Nothing like stating the obvious. Egypt's state religion is Islam so why would Muslims not dominate the election results?

Kind of like saying, Christians dominate US election results - will it be safe to go to America for a holiday again?!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Can I ask someone about for example Dubai or Abu Dhabi where there are 70% happy American and British expats living there and making lots of money and living under Sharia Law?
I can asnwer this question myself as I was there visiting friends living there (Iwasnt in some resort or any of the kind, I was there with people who experience it for real) and I actually fancy living there myself! At least for a little bit so I can milk that economy. Biut if any one else has visited the Emirates and actuallY EXPERIENCED the place with locals I want to hear your experience.

Everyone seems to talk about Arab Muslims but I would like to know about the Asian Muslims for example, does anyone know?....

I think its time people get a passport and start travelling to different countries so they can have an opinion for themselves about culture and religion.

I see this Muslims threats everyday, can you all American/British focus more in things that are more important like legistaltions in your country, Occupy(insert place here), your goverments that are also nuts, your uneccesary wars, your high taxes, your crumbling economy rather than some country that has nothing to do with you, its very far from your own country and obviously you will not comprehend?

Its getting a bit tiring all the time coming to ATS and everyday reading some bull# about Islam, seriously I DONT CARE!

and if Islam comes then if you want to fight it, then do so... but there is something call CHANGE and the world CHANGES even if the CHANGES are not fulfilling you.

And if you have to fight it.. do you ahve to come to a site everyday and start talking about "spreading the truth"

WOW BRAVO in an internet site! You are doing so much for the world! Lets call you all the Bravehearts of ATS! Spreading hate to everything is not NORMAL to you! Well done people!! You are excelent human beings!

If its not the Muslims, its the Russians or the Chinese.

Ohh!! everyone in the world but except us are evil!!!!!!!!!! You sound like all your hollywood movies.. your media has brainwashed you and succeded!

We had the Egyptian empire
The Ottoman empire
The British Empre
American empire
the Caliphate of Al-Andalus
so,
there might be also another one coming?
who cares thats life!
edit on 6-12-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Islamist parties took more than 60% of the vote in the first round of Egypt's parliamentary polls, according to partial results provided by the High Election Commission.

Very good.

And to the bigots posting filth here: We shall very soon see who was right and who was wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

I care for one.... don't want to live under any type of Law really, let alone Sharia!!

Don't want my kids to have to live under that rule either or other kids who will grow up wondering wtf has happened....

But yes i do agree that there is much focus on Islam these days.... i only posted this as there was alot going on on ATS regarding the uprisings in the ME.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

sorry but do you really believe the fearmongerring about one day living under Sharia Law? Really? I dont think that would ever happen.. it didnt happen during the 800 years the Muslims were in Europe with a lot more power now and it wont happen now not even close... specially with the bad press they have.

I really really wouldnt worry about that

and I tell you, I ahve Muslims friends and everytime people talk about Sharia Law here, they even get annoyed (MY FRIENDS IM NOT TALKING ABOUT OTHER MUSLIMS) becaus ethey are in England not in some Muslim country. They were okay about the minarets been banned in Switzerland because minarets arent Islamic but just Arab. They diidnt care about the ban of the Burqa because Muslims should get used to the culture of the country they are living in. This are the real views od the majority of the Muslims.

Besides, Sharia Law differs A LOT from country to country. I wouldnt live in Iran of course or Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan (specially with the very lucrative war there) but I would consider Morocco seriously I love that country and everytime I see in the hostel I stay there an American they are always pretty shocked about teh country and the wrong idea they had about Muslims in general. We had ones some US army guys there and they were so lovely and they were very shocked, they even came back from Afghanistan and they were going to quite the army. One of them had their friend killed in 9/11 and he said to me: "they have brainwashed me" he cried and it was such a crazy moment for all of the people that was there...
This is one person experience, I dont know if he is right or wrong but this is the experience HE HAD..

I would suggest you investigate about Sharia law in Morocco for example and see what you get from there. I for one been there many times, wear tank tops and never ever something happens to me... I ahve been to Dubai and see fat American in shorts and tank tops (which I find visually distrubing) and no one does anything... specially for fear for an American to create more bad press about them..

This is a very good The Guardian article Q&A about Sharia Law I suggest people read it
www.guardian.co.uk...

s there any history of Islamic law in Britain? The Archbishop of Canterbury is not the first person to suggest Britain should adopt certain aspects of the Muslim faith. In 1213, King John I, excommunicated by Catholic Europe and faced with a revolt by his own barons, turned to the only other regional power: that of Morocco. He sent two envoys to meet the powerful King Mohammed en-Nasir to ask for his support to quell his restive barons. In exchange, King John offered to convert to Islam and to bring his kingdom into the faith as well. But the Moroccan ruler decided that a king who was prepared to betray his own religion and subjects would probably not make a good ally, and turned him down. The two knights were sent packing and King John I was forced to sign the Magna Carta.

what a kicker isnt it? The UK may have been Muslims if the Moroccan king had said yes. This is really interesting. People, history is there for a reason

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I do say this.. I really liked ATS years ago.

It opened my eyes about 9/11 and the crazy world around us with the elite and teh goverments... had amazing reads about astronomy, science, politics.. but now this ATS is a joke. Its so full of ignorant people now that cant have a sane, healthy discussion. I really dont like people talking about countries and cultures they have never encountered, I find that so disturbing, talking about things you dont even know...

I still visit ATS because I still find good reads (the jack the Ripper one is a good one!!) but I also find rubbish and I get really annoyed and wrongly I get really emotional about it because I am married to a Muslim man and I refuse for people to say # like "ALL MUSLIMS ARE LIKE..." Even my husband reads ATS but completely avoids this discussions. He asks me not to answer, he says "please dont talk about it anymore, they just dont know any better and you cant blame them, thats what they know, thats their reality" and I get annoyed at him because he can show that much compassion!

there are people who have throw stones at his sister here in the UK while she was going for a walk with her daughters (this was after 9/11), they sprayed her house and she couldnt even wear a scarf because she would be called names. They look VERY BRITISH, blue eyed blond people who happened to be Muslim! I mean, what happened to freedom of speech? to freedom of culture, sex, religion? This is ridiculous now, I am so dissppointed at the world and its generalisations... "all Black people are violent, all Latinos are violent and droggies, all Chinese are...., all Muslims are....) who gave you this opinions? who gave you this information? have you been to China, the Middle east, North Africa? or anywhere outside your little bubble?

Jesus! This is getting out of hand!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

This is good news because THEY CHOSE it. The elected their own officials. If we don't agree with their practices, so be it!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Muslims countries including Turkey, Mali, and Kazakhstan are declared secular states. In those countries, it is prohibited for religious law to interfere with state affairs, laws, and politics, and Sharia law is limited to only family and personal matters. However, there are many countries where Sharia law is more influential and plays a greater role.

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, Nigeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Morocco have legal systems that are strongly influenced by Sharia, although authority is ultimately given to the country’s constitution and local laws. Although some of these countries are governed by authoritarian leaders, they do conduct democratic elections. Most have modernized their legal systems and now have laws that are significantly different from classical Sharia laws. However, Saudia Arabia and some other Gulf states do not have legislatures or constitutions, and use classical Sharia law. Although Iran has a parliament, it also shares some of the characteristics of countries ruled solely by Sharia law.

life-in-morocco.info...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join