It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists Dominate Egypt Election Results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If the Muslim Brotherhood is as bad as everyone says then why are they not on the U.S. Foreign Terrorist Organizations list? They gave up violence back in the 70's for political power. They embrace moderation and Democracy.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Helixer

(yawn) I don't care.

Islam has from Indonesia to Mauritania. From Kazahkstan to the Sudan. My heart doesn't bleed for their little lost piece of desert.
edit on 2011/12/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Yes it's perfectly fine when Zionist slaughter people for their land isn't it? But if Islam were to take any of it back you would first crying for war.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ive been keeping an eye on these elections, but only the future will tell what happens in the end.

Islami sts fare well in first round of Egypt's elections

Mahmoud Ghozlan, spokesman of the relatively moderate Muslim Brotherhood, whose Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) won 40% of the vote.

Al Noor Salafi Movement, a hard-line Muslim group, had the second-highest total, 20%, in the first round of voting for the lower house of parliament, according to Yousri Abdel Kareem, head of the executive office of the Higher Judicial Election Council.

The above CNN article says that the FJP is "moderate", while the Al Noor Salafi Movement is "hard-line". Lets see what "moderate" means...Some examples below

Factbox-Policies of Freedom and Justice Party of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood

- The FJP says in its programme that legislation should be based on the principles of sharia and implemented with the agreement of a parliamentary majority.

- The programme talks of “spreading and deepening” the understanding of sharia as a way to guide individuals and society, echoing comments by officials who say they do not want to impose sharia on an unwilling population.

- It says followers of other religions would be governed by their own laws on religious matters.

Asked whether the party would seek to make it a rule for Egyptian women to wear the Muslim veil, FJP Secretary-General Saad el-Katatni said: “I cannot draft a law that says an unveiled woman will be forbidden from this or that … (but) I must make her feel that her punishment is in the afterlife.” Most women in Egypt already wear a veil.

- They say they seek to emulate the Turkish experience in terms of economic growth with a focus on boosting manufacturing and exports, but say that does not mean they wish to follow Turkey’s political model.

- On music and songs, it says they are for “enjoyment and recreation for the soul” but “are among the arts that have diminished and fallen and have become associated – in the minds of many – with transgressing of ethics and stirring desires.”

Compared to other hardcore islamists groups, the FJP doesnt seem to extreme to me. To my understanding with their view of Sharia, they dont want it as harsh as say, Saudi Arabia.

I cant find much on the Al Nour, other than a wikipedia page

en.wikipedia.org...

Al Nour Party is an ultra-conservative Islamist party maintaining a strict version of Islam, known as the Salafi methodology. Their main source of governance is strictly based on the Quran and the Sunnah

The principles of Islamic Sharia should be the main source of legislation. However the party promises that they will allow Christians to have their own separate laws for their internal matters

Yes, some of these ideas may seem a little harsh to some, but this is who the people of Egypt voted for. Again, only the future will tell what will happen to the people of Egypt.
edit on 5-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Those who choose to ignore the examples of the past, are doomed to repeat them.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by Helixer

(yawn) I don't care.

Islam has from Indonesia to Mauritania. From Kazahkstan to the Sudan. My heart doesn't bleed for their little lost piece of desert.

Yes it's perfectly fine when Zionist slaughter people for their land isn't it? But if Islam were to take any of it back you would first crying for war.

Islam owns a third of the World, and wants me to cry a river for a tiny speck of dust.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If fundamentalist Christians in the US could get away with it, you can be damn sure they would. Look at how they vote now: completely against their own interests, but if a politician calls him/herself a Christian, they get the vote.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Helixer

(yawn) I don't care.

Aha! The only people that bring religion to Palestine are you atheist zionist interlopers from eastern Europe. For the Palestinians, who are Christians and Muslims, it is a fight for freedom and self determination.

Islam is all over the world and what Muslim people own is none of greedy zionist business. You zionists will eventually say Manhattan is a mere speck of dust and Christianity owns a third of the world and you should take Manhattan.

How about you hand over your house to a homeless Palestinian family because it is a tiny speck of dust? Give your property up dude and prove you can live by what you say unless you are a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BluesBassist

You mean the Muslims who went to the Christmas Eve Mass in Egypt last December, to protect the Coptic Christians? I notice you only mention the idiots who commit violence, yet completely ignore those who do good.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Aeons

If fundamentalist Christians in the US could get away with it, you can be damn sure they would. Look at how they vote now: completely against their own interests, but if a politician calls him/herself a Christian, they get the vote.

I have felt free to tell them that they can take their attempt to shove theocracy down my throat and shove it.

I will continue to do so. Practice your religion. Abide by the law. Respect my rights, I'll respect yours.

Christian Dominionists do not have my back. Exchanging one form of theocracy for another doesn't entice me. They are not the only options.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

We bring in many refugees and help them. Ask Palestines neighbours why they cannot do the same.

A THIRD of the planet. And not a single place for the plight of their brothers. Amazing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by BluesBassist

You mean the Muslims who went to the Christmas Eve Mass in Egypt last December, to protect the Coptic Christians? I notice you only mention the idiots who commit violence, yet completely ignore those who do good.

Too bad, they aren't the ones who rule.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Dispatch from Tahrir: For Egypt's Liberals, Election Is a Hard Vote to Swallow

Read more: globalspin.blogs.time.com...

Results of the first round of voting for parliament, to be announced Friday, are expected to show that the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party (FPJ) got around 40% of the vote, and a grouping of ultra-conservative Salafis led by the Nour Party got 20%. The group that most resembles the leaders of the revolution, a constellation of mostly liberal-secular parties called the Egyptian Block, is believed to have got 20%.

the FPJ and Nour are both Islamist parties, they are hardly natural allies: the Brotherhood is reformist and moderate, whereas Salafis are radical and often espouse a severe interpretation of Islam. Nonetheless, many secular groups believe the two will collaborate in the new parliament to form a majority.

and indeed the entire political process — is "illegitimate and irrelevant" because it is being conducted under SCAF rule.

Read more: globalspin.blogs.time.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

You sure do like to call anyone, and everyone, a zionist, dont you?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Helixer

Stop crucifying me zionist. I have the right of free speech and I am a human being. Stop the hating dude and give up the zionism.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helixer

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by Helixer

Stop crucifying me zionist. I have the right of free speech and I am a human being. Stop the hating dude and give up the zionism.

Never said you couldnt say it, just pointed out that you say it to anyone and everyone who doesnt agree with you.

I hate no one. I am also not a jew, or a zionist. Nice try though. Your hate controls you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There goes the neighbourhood! Wave goodbye to any intentions you may have of visiting the pyramids any time soon. In fact it will be interesting to see where Egypt's economy goes given that it's largely reliant upon tourism. With the systematic slaughter of Coptic Christians since the Arab spring, we should be boycotting the place anyway.

I supported Egyptians during their 'revolution'. Now, I couldn't give a rats about them. May they all get what they deserve! A bankrupt country falling apart under Islamic rule.

IRM

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The problem with Egypt is that the young students and the progressive liberals who led protests that culminated in the fall of Mubarak's regime were only a relatively small percentage of the overall Egyptian population. Obviously in an election they were likely to be outnumbered by the loony Muslim radical types who have always been a significant force in Egypt. Those kids were useful idiots. They overthrew Mubarak only for their actions to then led to a group even worse ending up taking power ... brilliant move by the forces of naivety

I can't say it comes as a surprise to me. I saw this coming from a mile away ...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
A better projection of what the area of the World's land masses actually look like.

Just to give people a better idea of what we are actually talking about.

I dare you to draw see the areas that are Islamist on this map. Then TRY to find Israel. Then look to see how Russia supports the regimes it does because of trade routes. Then I dare you to trace out trade routes you know of.

World isn't exactly what you think, eh?

Now a usual projection, but with religions on it.

www.mapsharing.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluesBassist

Just remember this egyptians, libyians etc etc you made your bed now lay in it. Do not start coming over here seeking asylum when your god awful culture inflicts suffering on your women, religous minorites and homo sexuals.

Yep. I guess the oppressed gays, religious freaks and women can just stay there and suffer, eh? Yaaaaay, AMURKAH!!!

Pfft. I hope you don't speak for all blues bassists...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Helixer

(yawn) I don't care.

Islam owns a third of the World, and wants me to cry a river for a tiny speck of dust.

that tiny speck of dust is home to some people and is being taken away from them through deception, manipulation, and violence.

Islam doesn't "own" a third of the world there are different countries that follow Islamic principles that happen to occupy 1/3 of the world. Russia, Canada and China are the three largest countries in the world by square kilometers does that mean we can justify an occupation of their land ?

EDIT: Ya know taking a look at this list here it sounds like you pulled that 1/3 figure out of your ass. Next time you try to make such an ignorant statement at least make sure you have the numbers right

en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT 2: Hell the United states funds billions upon billions of dollars to Israel and they are their #1 ally, if they cared about them so much why don't they offer them a piece of their land ?
edit on 6-12-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join