It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists Dominate Egypt Election Results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Lol, they are mostly islamic, its an islamic nation
no suprise there. Whats wrong with being a follower of islam? No diffrent than following any other religion.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Christian Democratic Union (CDU) of Angela Merkel won the elections in Germany.

What's the big deal?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The big deal is that you fail to understand that having a religion isn't the same as being RULED by one.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Lol, they are mostly islamic, its an islamic nation
no suprise there. Whats wrong with being a follower of islam? No diffrent than following any other religion.

Yes, it is. Differences are defining. Christian nations don't have a pow-wow of theocrats who stamp their legislation.

That you utterly fail to understand the difference between individual rights, and collectivist theocracy is sad.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Say goodbye to all ancient egyptian relics and such. anything that contradicts or 'mocks' islam and mohhamed will be destroyed in due time.

Remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by hmdphantom

Islam is intolerent of anything non-islamic and treats women like cattle. How is this in anyway good news for Egypt and the rest of the world? All those months fighting for a new system and they are going to end up with an Egyptian version of the taliban......... What a waste of time and effort.

I would be interested in seeing how many of the tahrir square protesters are casting an islamic vote 'not many of them I think'.

I think you are confusing Islam with Judaism.

You are also commenting on a stereotype in your mind.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Lol, i havent seen any islamics buring people at the stake. Its not Islam thats the problem, its those who dictate falsehoods regarding thier religion. I dont follow any religion and never will. Although this doesnt mean I dont believe in god. If god created us all as all religions dictate he wouldnt have created so many diffrent religions, indeed it was man that created all the religions for control. If god showed up tommorow morning i truly believe the first people he would give a whipping to would be those who preach religion in his name for the sole purpose of control and making money.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave
Say goodbye to all ancient egyptian relics and such. anything that contradicts or 'mocks' islam and mohhamed will be destroyed in due time.

Remember the Buddhas of Bamiyan!!!!

OK then if the Egyptian heritage is not destroyed like Bamiyan, what will you forfeit?

It is worth bearing in mind that who the Egyptians vote for and what they do to their property is none of your business.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You can not lead the results of an election to war between blind followers of religions ?

Who do you worship ? Thee nobody ?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by hmdphantom

Islam is intolerent of anything non-islamic and treats women like cattle. How is this in anyway good news for Egypt and the rest of the world? All those months fighting for a new system and they are going to end up with an Egyptian version of the taliban......... What a waste of time and effort.

I would be interested in seeing how many of the tahrir square protesters are casting an islamic vote 'not many of them I think'.

Are you Islam?

Are all Islamists extremists?

Can there be democracy for all under an Islamist democratic government?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Annee - your lack of commitment to your underlying principles is showing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helixer

just making a valid point, anything or anyone that 'mocks' islam will be detroyed or executed, just like what always happens when Sharia takes over a country.

Yeah you're right the public voted them as they wanted there precious sharia but just like all countries that take on Sharia, this will be followed by Public executions of homosexuals, Executions of rape victims, woman will have no rights at all. Extra tax on the non muslims. should i go on ?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
This is how all the flowers on the planet have different colors that are unique for themselves.

The muslim brotherhood isn't a 'flower'. If you have to pick a plant to describe it
... poison ivy is closer to the truth.

Originally posted by Aeons
I love the idea that all ideas are equally wonderful and valid.

'Not all cultures are worthy of respect.' - Ibn Warriq

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Even they don't believe that.

The system they are setting up would be the equivalent of a Catholic majority nation having "representatives" that vote on legislation, and then send it off the Vatican for the Bishops to then tell you if its okay for you to implement.

Yes

But the truth is they haven't much in common.

Vatican and Al Azhar , I mean.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The muslim brotherhood isn't a 'flower'. If you have to pick a plant to describe it ... poison ivy is closer to the truth.

I think talking respectfully is more expected from a "golden contributor"

Or it will bring to my mind that the whole ATS is a trash bin that lets poison ivy grow in it.

ETA : As I look at the stars of your post with no logical reason but some emotional feeling , I see the next proof.
edit on 5/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan

'Not all cultures are worthy of respect.' - Ibn Warriq

The 300 year old cultures for example ?

Or maybe Hitler is saying that ? ( about Jews )

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh. How dare people challenge theocracies, see what is happening, and be disgusted with our governments running to embrace suicide because it is might be good for some corporations' profit margins.

edit on 2011/12/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Annee - your lack of commitment to your underlying principles is showing.

Would you like to explain this comment?

When is asking honest questions about something you know nothing about - - lacking commitment?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We will see how muslim brotherhood party conducts itself in the future, they may turn out to be quite moderate in the end. That hardline islamist party in second place is a bad omen for the future, tough. It may serve to keep the islamists divided, on the other hand.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I think in the east we see some people hiding behind the religion and piggy backing themselves.

But , we choose a different way to solve this problem.

One of the ways that we don't choose to solve this problem , is to attack religion to make those people weak.

Although people in west have attacked and weakened the church , we can see that church is much powerful and hasn't learned how to evade corruption.

I think that people in east choose to learn those people to evade corruption and make them remember it.

I think by recommending justice after freedom , people can be sure about having a healthy society.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join