It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists Dominate Egypt Election Results

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Islamist parties took more than 60% of the vote in the first round of Egypt's parliamentary polls, according to partial results provided by the High Election Commission.
The Freedom and Justice Party, the political arm of the Muslim Brotherhood, garnered 36.6% of the 9,734,413 ballots cast for the party lists, while the conservative Nour Party captured 24.4%.

The results suggested secular parties would be significantly outnumbered when the first parliament since the ousting of former president Hosni Mubarak in February is formed.

The people have chosen candidates who represent their Islamic identity and who they have confidence in.

Muslim Brotherhood spokesman Mahmud Ghozlan
The liberal Egyptian Bloc came in third with just 13.4% of the votes. Another liberal group, the Wafd Party, received 7.1%, while the moderate Islamist Wasat or Centrist Party took 4.3%.

However, the make-up of the chamber will not be known until January after the remaining 18 of Egypt's 27 provinces have gone to the polls.

Sunday's results only reflect the performance of the parties for only one-third of the 498 seats.

The Muslim Brotherhood is Egypt's best-organised political group and popular among the poor for its long record of charity work.

I have a feeling that this is not good news for the Eygptians who wanted Freedom and fought hard to get it.... let alone the rest of us who would be working out there or wanted to work/visit!!

This isnt by any means the end result as more voters need to vote but at 36.6% its looking good for the 'Muslim Brotherhood' Party....

What do you guys make of this? Will you be rushing to holiday in Eygpt if they win power?

Full Story:

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I have a feeling that this is not good news for the Eygptians who wanted Freedom and fought hard to get it

Another time we are witnessing other nations choose Islam and liberal Americans say " It is not good news ".

Of course Islam is not a good news as much as active Christianity is not good for oppressors.

Those people can not be fooled and played with like sheep. They fight for their right. They fight for justice.

IMO the people in Egypt have chpsen the way they want to live.

And this is Why US is so mad at Iran

Because Iran told other countries in Middle East that it is possible to live in Islamic democratic country.

Peace to Egyptians.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I am still so happy to be part of these wonderful moments of arriving clarity about what the future is going to be like.

I'd like to take this time to thank the Corporate Oligarchy, communist elitists, and the short-sighted vision of leaders whose terms are less than a decade long and so they have the vision of goldfish.

On the bright side, I think that I might be now thinking that the stupidity of social programs to break down the family and/or reduce the female population giving rise to more males with basic wiring to become warriors might be a good thing. Since, apparently, we are going to need them.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Islam is intolerent of anything non-islamic and treats women like cattle. How is this in anyway good news for Egypt and the rest of the world? All those months fighting for a new system and they are going to end up with an Egyptian version of the taliban......... What a waste of time and effort.

I would be interested in seeing how many of the tahrir square protesters are casting an islamic vote 'not many of them I think'.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
We wanted them to have democracy. They got it and they made their choice. Time will tell if the new government is better or worse than the Western-backed dictator, Mubarek.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I applaud the Egyptians for picking a group which they believe best represents their national interests. They knowingly cast their ballots for the Islamists and did so for a reason. This is their freedom. Who are any of us in the West to proclaim what constitutes freedom for the people of Egypt or China or Iran or anywhere else? These people held a revolution, fought against the military transition government, and voted for the Muslim Brotherhood, there is a reason for all of this. People in that part of the world want a government that will work for their interests and represent who they are as a people. What some Atheist in New York proclaims to be freedom is not necessarily the same interpretation of freedom as a Muslim in Cairo, to assume otherwise is to believe in an imperialist form of universalism.

It is time for imperialists of all sorts to be chased back under the rocks from which they crawled out from. The world is tired of being told what to do and how to think by know-it-all Westerners with an inflated ego and utopian dreams. If freedom to the people of Egypt means an enforcement of their traditional religious and national identity, then who are you or I to say otherwise?

edit on 12/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is because you have the long term vision of a goldfish too, or you have no ability to see what is going to happen. What has been being set up for more than a decade, and you've been sold on the idea that this is a wonderful development.

I can't decide if people are this suicidal, or just blind.
edit on 2011/12/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Very great reply.

This is how all the flowers on the planet have different colors that are unique for themselves.

It is not right to pick up a brush and paint all of them in a same color.
edit on 5/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I can't decide if people are this suicidal, or just blind.

The idea for looking at events in your own scope and blaming others who can not or don't want to see through your scope is very interesting to me.

They have their freedom , they have chosen this.

The way you force others to see through your scope is just how the PTB is imposing it's New World Order to every one in this planet
edit on 5/12/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The world is entering a cycle of correcting itself, this may mean mass warfare and death but it is completely unavoidable if we are going to correct the wrongs of this planet. Egypt’s new government will not start a war with Israel but they also will not be afraid to confront them, which is a good thing. Arabs are tired of being treated like garbage in their own homelands, and who can blame them? Israel would not be as hated if they did not keep screwing with everyone over there, same with the United States. They do not ‘hate us for our freedom’ they hate us because we leave trails of blood and destruction everywhere we go in that region.

Egyptians know that, so do the Syrians, Iranians, Iraqis, etc… they are all tired of the threats, intimidation, and violence perpetrated against them by those who seek to exploit their natural resources, manipulate their governments, and give them ‘freedom’ which conveniently coincides with brutal dictators serving some foreign power.

And no I am not some radical hippy anti-American, I love my country and that is why I think it necessary to point out its faults, and boy does it have a lot of them. All people want the right to self-determination and preservation of their identity; this must be trampled if the rule of money succeeds thus the reason why liberation is just code word for exploitation.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Who was really suprised that the egyptians would choose Islamists? They are indoctrinated from birth to know no other and made silent for anything other by the very communities they live in.

I just hope now that when the new Islamic government start to opress women and religous minorites (even moreso than now) that we the west stay the hell out of it. Lets be honest here it won't take long before an Islamic government suddenly starts deciding that ALL women must cover themselves in the burkha and if not 100 lashes...

Egypt didn't want democracy as is obvious from their choice of an Islamist party, for Islam is totally the opposite of freedom and democracy, laws made by man is completly opposite from religous law.

Just remember this egyptians, libyians etc etc you made your bed now lay in it. Do not start coming over here seeking asylum when your god awful culture inflicts suffering on your women, religous minorites and homo sexuals.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Islamists" is a phony, made up label designed to confuse flabby westerners.

"Muslims Dominate Egyptian Election Results" is a more accurate title.

It was all predicted years and years ago by men like Robert Spencer. I and other suggested that non-muslims leave Egypt months ago. Now it may be too late.

America's new policy will no longer involve the re-introduction of Western Civilization to these long-oppressed people. Our new policy will ignore the rampant violence and suffering of the citizens and will instead focus only on functional control and the extraction of resources.

As long as we get the resources, it matters not at all what they do internally. Let them all kill each other while we extract their wealth.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

More likely it is a recognition that the 1,400 year old Church of Baal (aka Allah) is a retrograde culture which only leads to a barbaric, misogynistic way of life for those unfortunate enough to find themselves within its influence.
edit on 5-12-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You think this is good for America?

They will pay the leaders of the New Caliphate through Asia to the Horn of Africa.

Those people will not develop their people. They will cut off the Sub-Saharan Africans. They will then begin the process of attacking for expansionism, likely having the Arabs use sub-saharan africans as a base for their armies of mercenaries.

They will continue to harass at the flanks of their fledgling empire through China and Russia, while trying to eat up the nations that are easy prey in between. Like the Phillipines.

And you will PAY THEM to to do it.

The suicidal idiocy boggles my freaking mind.

The leaders of your nations, and the owners of the corporate oligarchy don't care. Rules don't apply to them anyways. Feeding your carcasss to their need for money means nothing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love the idea that all ideas are equally wonderful and valid.

These great defenders of humanity who believe that things like being forced to marry your rapist to maintain your social cohesion is a beautiful contribution to the fabric of human diversity.

If you are my champions and defenders, I tremble to imagine my enemies.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, I expected more votes to go to Muslim brotherhood party, but overall, it is no surprise for me.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Not all ideas are equally valid and justified. It is not like I am suggesting they come here and do any of that, Islam does not belong anywhere in the West at any time for any reason. I would actually like to see our governments begin a voluntary repatriotization of all non-Westerners and halt all mass immigration, returning to a quota based system with special privilege for Western immigrants only. Islam is not my cup of tea, but just because I do not like Islam nor believe it belongs in the West does not mean I have to tell Muslims in their own lands it is wrong for them to have Sharia, Islamic politics, etc…

We live in a pluralistic world, yes, but that should not mean we subscribe to moral relativism. I want them to have the right to self-determination just as we should. And I do not want Islam here because it is completely incompatible with Western culture and values. I believe our civilization is superior, of course, but that does not mean everyone should be like us.

edit on 12/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm sorry, but the areas they are claiming are massive trade routes which I do not accept being controlled by an expanisionist minded empire of shahs, imams, mullahs, "scholars," and mobsters and the corporations that pay them off. Where for trade to happen, and movement to occur we pay them for the privilege of them controlling international trade and, to try and kill us.

That's just stupid.

Pluralism in Europe is apparently code for, "please kill yourself."

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I want them to have the right to self-determination just as we should.

Well, that is the opinion I dont always share.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Even they don't believe that.

The system they are setting up would be the equivalent of a Catholic majority nation having "representatives" that vote on legislation, and then send it off the Vatican for the Bishops to then tell you if its okay for you to implement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join