It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Insurance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The Essentials Food Insurance kit contains: Lightweight, weather-resistant backpack Quick heat fuel pellets 2-week food supply, 3 meals per day for 1 adult Waterproof matches Water filter, treats up to 100 gallons Cooking tin Reusable heat source

Has anyone tried this? Its 200$ for 14 days and I'm sure you could make that last for weeks longer.

It sound like a great way to have some emergency food if you have to leave your caches behind.

But is it really a good idea? You give them all your information. Name address credit card.... Whats the chance of them being in bed with the gov and selling your info so they know right where the survivalists are?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisIllusioned PatRiot

The Essentials Food Insurance kit contains: Lightweight, weather-resistant backpack Quick heat fuel pellets 2-week food supply, 3 meals per day for 1 adult Waterproof matches Water filter, treats up to 100 gallons Cooking tin Reusable heat source

Has anyone tried this? Its 200$ for 14 days and I'm sure you could make that last for weeks longer.

It sound like a great way to have some emergency food if you have to leave your caches behind.

But is it really a good idea? You give them all your information. Name address credit card.... Whats the chance of them being in bed with the gov and selling your info so they know right where the survivalists are?

Didnt know that they even made water proof matches..LOL...that is so so cool...Nah..I do things the old fashion way...That is alot of money for the package.....but thank you

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
lol what about when SHTF , and they say sorry screw you were keeping all our kits and selling it at price gouged prices.

Who will you call then the police to enforce it ?

Who will you tell , that they took your money and didn't give you a kit

Whats to stop others for stealing your package when iit gets delieved lol

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

You can get all these items and make your own kit for probably 1/2 the cost.

The good thing about making your own is that it is customized for you. Look at different survival kits to get a good idea of what you want, start shopping online or at your army navy surplus store. I promise you'll save deniros.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Do you have a link to the source? What you posted doesn't say what the 2 weeks, 3 meals a day consist of. If it's something like 42 ramen noodle packs, it's way overpriced. Also, I bet the shipping will cost over $30. I would like to see, exactly what you are getting for your money, before giving an opinion.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wasnt planning on buying it. I prefer to can and dry my own over eating something that highly processed.

I do know few people that bought and like it but I could never afford that.

The thing i was wondering is, is it being used as a survivalist tracker? Or at least a wannabe survivalists that cant get his own food. how easy would it be to track them?
edit on 5-12-2011 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

My bad here it is

www.foodinsurance.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I wasnt planning on buying it. I prefer to can and dry my own over eating something that highly processed.

I do know few people that bought and like it but I could never afford that.

The thing i was wondering is, is it being used as a survivalist tracker? Or at least a faux survivalists that cant get his own food tracker.

Well, the website has a picture of Glenn Beck pointing at me, which makes me immediately suspicious.

I really doubt it's any kind of sophisticated tracking system, anyway. Just people trying to make a buck off of doom. Business as usual.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

My bad here it is

www.foodinsurance.com...

TY for the link. It looks like a well thought out quick kit. I can see how it would appeal to some as a solution to keep as a back-up plan at work, or in trunk of car...if tshtf and you are not at home.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think its cool that the shelf life is 20 some odd years...How long do canned foods last...Would you open one up that was 20 some odd years old and eat it..What do you mean by a food tracker....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

.What do you mean by a food tracker....

Not tracking the food.... tracking the people that buy it. When the SHTF your survival stores will be illegal and this company will have a nice long list of everybody that bought the food to sell to the gov or to people looking for more food.

If your in on database for legally buying a gun plus your in a database for buy months worth of 20yr self life food do you not think yours will be one of the first doors knocked on?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Personally I do not like these pre-packaged kits. Simply because they never seem to be what I need and I always end up adding to or getting rid of items. I like to build my own kits so that they are custom to me and my needs. However, I would use these sorts of things as supplements to my homemade kits, or to cover a specific aspect of my preparations. I would not rely totally on them but in certain cases I would get things like this to go with what I already have, but only a couple would be the extent of it.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I personally doubt they're tracking the people who buy these. In a true SHTF situation, governments will topple, those in power are going to be just like us, worrying about they're own families and caring for them. Say the SHTF situation knocks out power, they're aren't going to be able to check their digital records to find your address, and even then, they prolly wouldn't want to travel through the masses to get to your meager little backpack of supplies.

Even still, preparing this way only gives you a feeling of being ready for a situation. It's a false hope, and one that will get you killed. You open yourself up to being a walking target, or if you have a large stockpile, a sitting duck! If you want to truly be prepared for a SHTF situation, LEARN SKILLS. Learn how to make a fire, learn how to make cordage, learn how to hunt, learn how to build a shelter, learn how to locate and purify water. Learn how to make a bow and arrow, or traps. Skills is the only thing you need to prepare for any situation. Stockpiling will just get you killed. Don't make yourself a target with stockpiles of supplies, and no one will even give you a second glance.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just buy your own bulk supply of MRE's for last ditch SHTF moments and stock up on non perishables and freeze dried meals for the rest. Don't buy into the packages. Make your own.

www.campingsurvival.com...

Don't forget the water cache. Potable water need trumps food need any day.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
be careful when buying meals from these Prepper .coms. They will tell you that you can have 3 meals a day if you buy this and that. but look at what a "meal" to them is. What ive found, 90% of these .coms say a meal is 200-300 Calories. 3 "meals" at 200-300 calories is 600-900 calories a day. you cant live off that. You need at least 1200-1500 cals a day and thats staying still not working. If your working your looking at 2500-3500 cals a day depending on what your doing.

So please look at what they call a "meal" and how many calories a "meal" offers!
edit on 5-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Its good your looking into SHFT food. One of my site i go to and get the most money for calories is thereadystore.com and buy the bucket bulk. you can get 69,000 cals of Freeze dried rice for 99 bucks.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here going to help you folks out with a bare minimum skills and what to do first steps in a survival situation.

You can live three hours (in inclement weather) without shelter, three days without water, three weeks without food. Keep that in mind.

Your fist step should be shelter, this is going to keep you out of the weather, from the sun or rain. A debris shelter is simple, quick and the materials are all around you. Learn how to make this first before anything.

Your second step, making fire. You have a place to call home now, and now you'll need fire to warm it, treat your water, and cook your food and protect you too. Two things your going to need to learn here, is making rope and a bow drill set.

Your third step is locating water. Learn about the water cycle, learn how water flows and the likely places it will collect. Learn about the egyptian well. learn how to make a water filter, a bark container and how to boil water with rocks in that container. You now have a supply of potable water.

Your fourth step is securing food. Learn about wild edible plants. Learn how to make snares, spring traps and figure four deadfalls. Learn how to make a fishing pole using bark as the line, how to make a fish trap with sticks and rocks. Learn how to make a net now that you know how to make rope.

You can now shelter yourself, feed yourself, warm yourself. It was all free. You didn't put down $10,000 to care for your family. You didn't make yourself an open obvious target in the process.

Folks, your stockpiles will dwindle down to nothing, your skills and the natural resources around you won't. You want to be truly prepared, stop wasting your money and learn how to survive instead. Never call yourself a survivalist if your stockpiling food and ammo. Your nothing more than a wannabe tool.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Tis the beauty of calorie rich MRE's over some of these freeze dried kits.. Eat one pack throughout the day of split it up between a couple of days if you must. MRE's typically provide a full day of calories per pack. The taste has gotten much better in recent years and you get the entree, crackers, dessert, drink mix, mess kit, wet nap etc etc. It's a damn good morale booster when you're down and out.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I belive in what you say but you need some sort of small supply of food...(3 months) to get to the point of living off the land. you cant eat the wheat until its harvested. what are you going to eat until your wheat is ready to harvest? or lets say a feak storm comes in a all your harvest is lost.

I think you should have some type of reserve

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by sirnex

I belive in what you say but you need some sort of small supply of food...(3 months) to get to the point of living off the land. you cant eat the wheat until its harvested. what are you going to eat until your wheat is ready to harvest? or lets say a feak storm comes in a all your harvest is lost.

I think you should have some type of reserve

The biggest thing I've realized from so called "survivalists" in this forum is the assumption of maintaining a sedentary standard of living. One where you live almost as you are now in a comfortable style in one place, weeding your garden. Right... if you like being a sitting duck in a true SHTF situation, by all means worry about your wheat crops.

You can live three weeks without food, if it takes you more than three weeks to find any wild edibles or throw a few snares out to catch some meat or to build a bow and some arrows or even a sling, then you're either doing it wrong or you never bothered learning. You'll never survive past those three weeks. There is no shortage of food in the wilderness, just a shortage of knowledge on how to procure it, so learn what it is, and how to get it.

Stockpiling is only good for short term natural disasters where life will be less than normal for the short term. A true survivalist mindset should have you thinking about surviving the long term where life as we know it is vastly different. Basically, get the idea of sitting around like a target out of your head if you want to survive a real SHTF situation.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

the problem with your idea is once you have 311 million americans hitting the forst for food and game, your going to run out of game fast. heck, go a few day before deer sesson is over and try and find a buck, theres not to many out there and thats only having .001% of the population hunting them.

really the best way to survive is to set up a comunity of farming and hunting with around the clock comunity defence. just like tribes in the old days

<<   2  3 >>

join