It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Has Won More Straw Polls Than Any Other Republican Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Take a look for yourself.

Ron Paul has garnered 19 GOP Presidential Straw Poll wins -- more than ANY other GOP candidate -- and ALMOST FIVE TIMES AS MANY as establishment favorite, Mitt Romney. Flavor of the Month, Newt Gingrich, has won ONE straw poll. Ron Paul’s straw poll victories constitute 48.7% of the 39 GOP Straw Polls thus far.

Ron Paul's straw poll victories speak for themselves. With that known, why does the media continue to sweep us under the rug? Do they think that lying about Pauls support will cause him to lose votes? I know more people than ever are aware of the lies circulating the major news outlets. We can only hope for common sense to champion this 2012 election. I have hope for the future if we can continue to get this man to the top, all we need to do is make sure that the facts make it to the top of public knowledge.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

With that known, why does the media continue to sweep us under the rug?

Well considering the fact that the mainstream media is directly complicit in spreading lies and propaganda and leading us into wars or other scams, they have an incentive to continue the charade lest they go to prison themselves for the endless list of crimes they are accused of.

If they allowed the truth to start coming out in full force, there would be indictments and many of them would not only lose their careers but they would also face a prison sentence.

That's pretty much why the lies keep going and going and will not stop. They are criminals covering up the crimes.
edit on 5-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
They cant keep a lid on him forever.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There's a pretty clear agenda against RP in the mass media for those with the eyes to see it.

Whoever "they" are, they're trying to sway the sheep in whatever direction suits them. They've probably been doing this for decades (didn't JP Morgan and co. buy up all the major newspapers back in the 20s?). Only with the recent emergence of the information age has their veil of deceit been lifted enough for the common man to see.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

To begin with, I wouldn't place too much faith in straw polls seeing how they only allow ticket holders to participate in the vote and the candidates are the ones giving away free tickets in order to attract votes. I don't know what tickets cost in all the straw polls, but I saw it reported that in Iowa they cost $30 each.

news.yahoo.com...

AMES, Iowa — It appears that while Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann beat Texas Rep. Ron Paul by 152 votes in the Iowa Straw Poll on Saturday, she gave away far more admission tickets than he did.
Paul’s campaign gave out 4,750 tickets to straw poll voters, his campaign chairman, Jesse Benton, told The Daily Caller.
Alice Stewart, a spokeswoman for Bachmann, wouldn’t disclose the number of tickets her campaign distributed. But Ben Smith of Politico reported that Bachmann’s campaign gave away 6,000 tickets.
That would mean Paul gave out about 1,250 fewer tickets than Bachmann. She won the poll with 4,823 votes, followed by Paul at 4,671. (BACHMANNIA: Michele Bachmann edges out Ron Paul for victory in Iowa Straw Poll)
Candidates traditionally give away $30 tickets to supporters they hope will vote for them in the straw poll.

Not to mention all of the other hospitalities, (free food, drink, entertainment & air conditioning) that candidates are allowed to shower upon their prospective supporters in an attempt to secure their votes. I think we all know what happens to those who build their houses with straw, in the end, they don't seem to be able to withstand the big blow and I doubt that Ron Paul's will either. Besides all that, if Ron Paul can't garner enough support from his fellow members of congress to get some of his ideas implemented now, what makes you think he can get them to go along with his ideas once elected as POTUS?

On another note, I don't know what all this Ron Paul media blackout whining is about. Just yesterday, I saw his poll numbers mentioned on CNN, HLN, FOX & MSNBC. Doesn't sound like much of a conspiracy if you ask me. If you want to know who is being ignored by the MSM with respect to the republican field of presidential candidates, it's Gary Johnson & Buddy Roemer.

Not that it really matters to me, IMO the entire republican field of presidential candidates is an absolute joke!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just an observation but it doesn't really mean much does it? It only actually matters when it comes to election time doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

join