It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To see or not to see.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
For me philosophy is much more than an intellectual view, that is not tangible in the world we live in daily.
It is not unusual that in conversation with someone, they will say to me “but they are nothing but ideas, there is know way they can form part of our real life.” Although I know what they mean, I feel that they have not grasped the philosophy or seen in to it with enough depth. Its obvious that as we go about a daily grind whatever the case may be, that philosophy is easily eliminated from the equation. That is where humans get it wrong, its up to us to add the philosophy the spice of life. We don’t have to drown everybody in it at every moment, just a sprinkle here and there will make life a thousand times more meaningful. Whether is be love or wisdom, lets give it a go. Here is a great documentary of how the Wachowski brothers did it, thanks to them many of us are taking a deeper look at how we live life and what we are willing to accept or not accept. Aren’t we lucky?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Philosophy should be in each person, his or her synthesis of all knowlegde he or she has aquired in life.

People have been shied away from really incorporating knowledge into a personal world view. Although every person has a de facto world view, as evidenced by the actions they take and the decisions they make, it is a world view probably unkown to their concious mind. People make assuptions without realizing it and that is the basis of all the evil in the world at this level of human culture.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Thank you for posting this documentary. I am going to watch the films again.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Check out Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" from The Republic. Very much like the Matrix.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Yes, nice, philosphy is indeed something that is tangible, it is real.

Philosophy is your strategy for living life.

A coach is trying to explain his strategy to the team, the player in the team says: "but they are all ideas, how are we supposed to make use of these words"

top topics

join