It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eternal Connectedness Of Time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Has everything that has happened in the past just one of an infinite number of timelines? If time travel was possible, all it takes is for one person to travel back to, let's say, 5,000 years ago, over and over again. Has this time realm in which we live been broken down into a holodeck type realm where people, places, and events can be relived, remembered, and reawakened? Would an endless amount of dimensions and timelines get created as a result?

I remember reading an article a while back that talked about the drug 'dmt'. A professor who spent a lot of time researching the drug decided to go on a dmt trip and get the full experience of it. He felt like he had completely left his body and made his way into this room full of other beings. Most of the beings looked alien until he came across a man that looked like an Aztec from the 1400's. He was in a corner vomiting on himself and then looked up and noticed the professor. He nodded his head to the professor in respect and looked glad to see a fellow human.
Was this an actual encounter with someone from the past? Were they both in a certain state of consciousness where time doesn't exist and were able to communicate with each other? If so, what if in some way the professor was able to show the Aztec man that he was from the future? And what if the Aztec man told about his experience and what he saw to his people. Interesting indeed.

Time travel, if possible, seems much more like a consciousness thing than a physical thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I once read that there were were time travel "booths" where one could visit their past selves, and future selves.

Time probably is like an onion, that builds layers with each revolution of the planet, each cycle around the sun, creates a pattern in time, a kind of track, that is traced over and over again - with the power to travel in the astral, one can, as you say, see the different layers of time and the projections that they have into the future.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I believe that time is broken down into a series of episodes, or segments that are 'almost' seamlessly connected.

My experiences with Epileptic Seizures has PROVEN to me without a doubt that we can time travel using only our minds/consciousness.

Waking up in a head of 5 weeks against my life (((((((((EXCUSE ME....but I have just now had a Petit Mal Seizure (how ironic) and what you see written just now is what happens when I begin to talk or even think about time travel and other such things to do with Epilepsy and consciousness. My Brain just spins out and plays Chatterbox. For a split second it makes sense, but then I look over it and I realise what I have written is complete rubbish to others, although in my mind it has meaning.)))))

Before a seizure I get a Dejavu feeling that is so strong, it makes me sick. I see black entities that speak into my mind in another language, then I pass out.

I wake up in a time-frame that feels about 4 or 5 weeks after I remember having the seizure.

It's quite a bizarre experience that only an Epileptic with Grand Mal Seizures can understand.

There is so much to say, and, funnily enough, so little time.

If you want to know more about my stories, I have written about them in many posts and threads. They're out there on this website, but I'm no good at the search function.

Just know that I know that Time Travel is real.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Unrealised because: Weird.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

The thing that connects time and is eternal is now. All time is thought now.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Nurelic

The thing that connects time and is eternal is now. All time is thought now.

All Time is Thought Now, Then, and When. Without the Then & When, there would be no Now.

Interesting thoughts, OP.

Ribbit

Ps: Time is the Thing that connects All as One.

edit on 5-12-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Time probably is like an onion, that builds layers with each revolution of the planet, each cycle around the sun, creates a pattern in time, a kind of track, that is traced over and over again

Great analogy. It is kinda like the layers of an onion.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Time is the Thing that connects All as One.

Yeah, because if you keep going all the way back in time you have the Big Bang and if you keep going forward in time you have "The Big Crunch" or "The Big Freeze". Like inhaling and exhaling. Both are connected and one couldn't exist without the other.

Interesting
edit on 5-12-2011 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The time of relative motion and causation is an illusion.

There is only one time everywhere always which is the eternally unfolding present moment of now. One universal now, it doesn't matter how far the light has travelled, it's always the same now everywhere, right across the board. The only question then is - my God just what's actually going on?!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You think 'then' and 'when' . The words 'then' and 'when' can only arise now.
There is only now, and words make you believe there is more. Really there are just words appearing now.
Words in the fountain of now.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Concept of time is strange. From our normal perspective, it is clearly linear, we are born and live 80 years or so and die. At least that is what we observe in those who have come before us. Time is noted down in a very linear fashion because that is how we observe it, and best describes what we see.

However, to begin this existence, the reality called creation, when that guy called "god" started all of this. It was the beginning right? But wait, you cant start existence when there is no existence prior to it.

Like building anything, we need prior knowledge and continuity of awareness to give us the ability to even begin constructing.

Your model of time, that we could all exist on the same plane, where the "walls" come down and we see all time is interesting, yet it is still linear, because you suppose a past that we can go back to from a future, yet we can see that time is more than that, given "god" begun without a beginning, "god" doesnt even have a past, because creation had to start from intelligence, and intelligence is required to create intelligence.

So we obviously have time wrong, with respect to the pure linear model, because existence itself is proof that time is not linear, given the very fact that "god" created time from nothing. "god" didnt even go back in time, as he couldnt be in the future without the past.

Its like it was "already" here, yet it can not "just" be here, it has to start somewhere, but it can not start from somewhere because to start something you need something to be there already.

Is this making sense to you?

I know it doesnt sound like it, but this is a working model I am trying to explain. I think it more accurately portrays time than the conventional view, which doesnt exist because noone thinks about time usually but.. =]
edit on 6-12-2011 by Keiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

Does now have a beginning or an end? Is it not always now? Time is only imagined when we 'think' of the word tomorrow. We are the creators of time except it is never really created, only as a thought happening now.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

Everything happens now. How can we miss that?
This now that is now is all there is. From that all sorts of things are imagined.
Words make us think there is more to life than this eternal now.
God is now.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yes, but can you not see the necessity for a beginning, to have constructed this monstrosity, called existence?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

This moment is the beginning and the end.
Now is all there is and words like past and future make you believe there is more than this present moment.
If you 'think' existance is monstrous it is just a thought appearing now.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Keiju

This moment is the beginning and the end.
Now is all there is and words like past and future make you believe there is more than this present moment.
If you 'think' existance is monstrous it is just a thought appearing now.

ok... this moment CAN be a beginning and a end, if you are referring to the minute that just began and passed. It began and ended.

When you make a statement, it is in reference to something. You say "This moment"...which moment are you referring to? Because there are many moments, there is the moment a minute ago and the moment 2 minutes ago. Can you see the beginning and the end there?

If you equate "now" to "this moment", then yes it is constantly beginning and ending according to the smallest unit of measure of time that is available to your awareness, nonetheless, like calculating a velocity, time is calculated from point A to point B.

"now" is the smallest unit of measure, no beginning and no end.

TIME = (NOW B) - (NOW A)

is that clearer?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

'A moment ago' is a thought. 'This' moment is reality. Only in 'this' moment of reality can the thought 'a moment ago' occur.
How long is now? Is it really that small? How can now be portioned off?
You may beable to watch a hand on a clock move from one measurement to another and call it a minute but at no point does it move 'now'.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Keiju

'A moment ago' is a thought. 'This' moment is reality. Only in 'this' moment of reality can the thought 'a moment ago' occur.
How long is now? Is it really that small? How can now be portioned off?
You may beable to watch a hand on a clock move from one measurement to another and call it a minute but at no point does it move 'now'.

you place an object in an area, come back tomorrow, the object is still there, its not just a thought it happened and is real. You thought about buying a house, now you have a house, that thought in the past is real and lead to acquisition of house.

Now = the present. It is always changing yet remains the same. The past is an accumulation of "now's" whilst the future are "now's" yet to pass.

A hand on a clock moves 60seconds, portion 1second to a now, and you have an accumulation of 60 "now's".

My now may last longer than yours, given my awareness is possibly quicker than yours. What is 60seconds on a clock, may feel like 120seconds to me and 30 seconds to you, in effect giving me 120 "now's" compared to your 30 "now's" within the time space of 60seconds.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

No matter what appears it can only appear now. The thought that you bought a house in the past is a thought happening now.
So now equals one second does it?
Here and now is all you will ever experience.

If you place an object somewhere now it will be here. And 'tomorrow' (which is a word arising now) it will be here and now. Where ever you are it is here and now.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiju

you are more real then him so dont bother he doesnt care he just preach from knowing that all will be gone so he is amusing himself in pretending knowing a lot of what will never b and is never, too freaking easy all evils ways

right time is not now it is the present in the sense of objective reality

what he meant to abuse is the free sense of one each, which is the eternal now as long as it exists

but my now is not urs so as u said u can be ahead of me or the reverse, it doesnt matter since forever ur now is not mine, and now is only to free sense existing fact of truth which is freedom sorting always its whole in absolute one constancy till it becomes objective source when the constancy is absolutely positive

so my idea is meaning that from my guess, there cant b one now, but there must b one present

since what is present is objective realisation which cant b but real absolutely as same with all what exist objectively and sorted by truth objective existence that is free

while any powerful freedom as gods are also just a now each, their nows is more energiesed from what they are always in same absolute true dimension then more close to truth freedom fact, so eternal awake then us but we have that sense of truth too even though we die through gods now that kill us

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Fascinating OP. I enjoyed reading very much and would love to hear more about the professor and the Aztec.

Yes imo they did arrive at the same point in a timeless state. I would think that the Aztec may not recognize the professor as the same type of human as himself because it would be like you or me seeing a grey and thinking we are the same because of the basic humanoid shape.

I will bow out now and hope to read more members thoughts on this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join