It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fleet of Ferraris ruined in Japan sportscar pileup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
here ya go

An outing of luxury sportscar enthusiasts in Japan ended in an expensive freeway pileup — smashing a stunning eight Ferraris, a Lamborghini and two Mercedes likely worth more than $1 million together.

Police say they believe the accident Sunday was touched off when the driver of one of the Ferraris tried to change lanes and hit the median barrier. He spun across the freeway, and the other cars collided while trying to avoid hitting his car.

Video of the crash aired by NTV, a major national network, showed several smashed, bright red Ferraris cluttering the freeway.

Even a used Ferrari in Japan can fetch $100,000 or more, meaning the total damage may be $1 million or more.

Police declined to comment on the total amount of damage, but said some of the vehicles were beyond repair.

NTV quoted the driver of one of the tow trucks brought in to clear the scene as saying it was the most expensive crash site he had ever seen.

edit on 12/5/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
nothing big or bad about this. this thought i would share.

such a waste to see sooo much money throw down the drain when all you hear about is the hurting world economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Forgive me for not breaking down and weeping uncontrollably for somebody rich enough to buy a Ferrari. And it was insured anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Worst episode of Top Gear ever!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
yea... id fall to my knees and cry. insured or not
edit on 5-12-2011 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
That's definitely more than 1 million. Well let's hope those guys had insurance or else they would be pretty pissed off.
At least it looks like it were mostly modern Ferraris and not some classics, like some nice 80's Testarossa, that would be quite a shame.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Car enthusiasts around the world are weeping.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The report doesn't state that they were driving D.W.O.
Driving While Oriental.
A cop in Chinatown NYC said that to me once when he was taking a police report for an accident I was in with a Chinese man.

top topics

join