It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Presidential Election. Deadline for Independant and Third Party Candidates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The 2012 Presidential Elections will provide a great opportunity for Independant or Third Party success. A legitimate candidate that is not connected to either of the major parties is more appealing to the public now than at anytime in recent memory. 'Career Politician' has become a commonly used derogatory term. The political climate is more unstable and unpredictable than ever.The American public are more engaged than ever and they are searching for someone to believe in. The public have never been more open to a Third Party/Independant Candidate.

With that in mind I feel that the deadline for a Third Party or Independant entering the 2012 election race is a very significant and important date. I am certain that the 2012 elections have alot of surprises in store. There is the looming threat of a Trump/Palin tilt. There is also the possibility of OWS forming a political party and endorsing an Independant. It is even possible a Ross Paroit type could pop up. People are definitely searching for someone to believe in,someone worthy of their support. The fleeting spikes in the polls of the gop and especially the questionable rise of Newt Gingrich is evidence that nothing is decided.

I came across a site called 'President Elect 2012. They have a poll showing that 80% of voters would consider an alternative presidential ticket in the upcoming election. Americans Elect is a nonpartisan nonprofit whose only mission is to let the American people directly nominate their choice for president. The site seems to be a great idea--

ANY REGISTERED VOTER can sign up and become a delegate. And you can still vote in your party's primary.
A NONPARTISAN TICKET on the 2012 ballot. Americans Elect finalists must choose a VP from a party other than their own.
AN EQUAL VOTE for every voter—no matter what party you belong to or the date of your state's primary.

I saw an interview on Fox News where Chris Wallace asked Ron Paul if he would consider a run as an independant if he fails to win the republican nomination. Paul answered no. I believe him. If Ron Paul can be stopped in the gop it will create somewhat of a political support vacume. Ron Paul supporters will be on offer to a nonpartisan alternative. Combine them with the 80% of undecided voters that are willing to consider a vote for a non-partisan third party and you have the perfect conditions for a new political force to emerge. With that in mind I ask,
what is the exact deadline for a Third Party or Independant candidate to enter the 2012 Presidential Elections?

I think it will be prove to be a significant and important date. I am having a little trouble finding it so any help would be appreciated.

And do you agree? Is a legitimate Independant or Third Party 2012 presidential candidate a possibility?

edit on 5-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So nobody knows the date?

new topics

join