It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next gen games prove a challenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There will be fewer games for the next generation consoles but this could be a good thing as games developers can spend more time putting more effort into the games which will in turn make a more enjoyable experience to the general game's player.

news.bbc.co.uk
This is because it will take a great deal of time and money to produce games for the new consoles, said independent developer Tameem Antoniades.

The good news is that the games will offer much more than current titles.

"We have the opportunity to elevate games to be the tenth art," said the co-founder of Just Add Monsters.

The expectations of players and publishers are rocketing.
With every new generation, people want more realism.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

But this could not be all good as we will have to wait much longer for the games release, even excellent games currently always have delays, which is very annoying and there will be more of a chance for delays to take place for these next generation games there will always be some sort of problem that will delay the release date for great games but in the end its always worth the wait.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 6-9-2004 by markjaxson]

[edit on 6-9-2004 by markjaxson]

[edit on 8-10-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well, as I see it, if they are able to deliver games again like DeusEx, System Shock, Final Fantasy 7 and earlyer, the original Unreal and a whole slury of the quality 90-96 games, where you could play the game for weeks and sometimes months on end without getting bored with them, this isn't really a problem.

The problem with games now is that you get them, play them in 10-20 hours and don't have the slightest desire to play them ever again. Some are even so bad you don't have the will or desire to finish them.

I myself spent a total of 4 months playing DeusEx trying to find every litle detail they put in it. These days I still regularly reinstall DeusEx and enjoy the game fully.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Unreal Tournament was a fun game for a long time. I finally got bored with it after a few years. Painkiller is alot of fun but the lack of new maps for the game has gotten me bored with it. I haven't given Doom 3 a fair chance get. So far it seems boring but I'll give it a good try later. For $55 it better be specatular. Too many games try and dazzel you with amazing graphics but ultimately bore you with a lack of team play and skill requirements. Blindly shooting at a bunch of things gets old fast.

join