It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the deal with all the people?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I've gone to psychics a few times. When I sit down, I don't speak, I mean, after all, they are psychic, why should I?
The bad ones get angry that I don't, but I've had some that will answer me, and know what I'm focusing on. One I've met can carry one an entire one sided conversation.

It's the latter group, the ones that don't need words, that has caused me to raise this question. Every psychic that I've not had to speak to, tells me about this prodigious amount of people around me. Twice one particular person has been mentioned.

Do they say this to everyone? What's the deal with that? Who is that one guy? Anyone astute enough to visualize?
Who are these invisible people and why aren't they bored? Any psychics out there want to a swing at this?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Didn't you know? Psychics are like magicians, you have to follow their exact instructions in order for their 'magic' to work.

sheesh. have some beers with your buds instead.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

Spirit guides.

It's their job to listen. It's their job to help.

They will back off if one becomes very negative, though.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by onnow

You're thinking of frauds.

A true psychic (I know a couple) needs no prior information.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by onnow
Didn't you know? Psychics are like magicians, you have to follow their exact instructions in order for their 'magic' to work.

sheesh. have some beers with your buds instead.

What an insulting response. If you're not interested or don't believe in the subject matter, just move on to the next.

OP, I have no such talents that can answer your question about who or what, but many people believe that we have angels around us at all times and that the archangels are around if needed as well. Personally, I can't think of any spirit or entity being described as "prodigious" more so than an angel.

Hopefully someone of greater knowledge can answer your question.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think you will find they all use cold reading and body language....they dont speak to the dead

Derren Brown is an illusionist....not a psychic...but he can replicate exactly what a psychic does, why?? Because its an art, an illusion.

I dont believe psychic's have special powers, there is no evidence of a paranormal connection. Its amazing what people can do when they understand the human mind....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

There is more to the story than frauds.

Many psychics do what they do for free. There are a lot of them who fake it for money.

The amazing part is the frauds get all the attention.

Real psychics are out there. In fact, we all have the gift, it just takes a lot of dedication (for most).

A true psychic already knows how the world will react to them, so they usually only talk about it with close friends.

I really think you should research it more.

No offence. I respect your opinion.

Having the choice to say "that's crap" is one of the great things about being here in this enigma.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Not discounting what you are saying, but I have yet to meet a person who is a true psychic and not asking for money for their powers.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

You are spot on. I refer to myself as gifted - I am happy to help people - I don't take money - I only speak about my gift with like minded people. It is not an exact science but I have amazed myself at my accuracy.

As an example - person I know requested a reading and we did a trade - he is a tradesman and fixed something for me. Everything was good and I mentioned a health issue and he said no not a problem - I was sure I was right but let it slide. Several weeks later we meet and we're chatting and he suddenly remembers to tell me - you know that health issue - you were right - the very next day - boom. He was okay.

So just know that there are genuinely gifted people. I had a reading with a lovely young woman several years ago and she blew me away. I told her nothing - not a thing. She tunes in and sees Spirit and relays information. At one stage she said don't worry about - such and such - it was from my childhood. You know that secret you never told a single person? Something you had never written down and never uttered a word to anyone - I sat there and knew that there is a God and some people have a direct line.

I don't take money and a friend asked me why - as long as the Universe looks after me I am happy to share my gift. I would like to think of my gift as sacred and to be shared - it was given to me - to continue the giving. So much gets sold for the almighty dollar that I just want to keep one thing that is priceless!

Much Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, so much for finding out who that roomful of people are. Thank you to the two posters who tried to stay on topic and answer me.
Looking at my past history of posting on this site, When someone is writing about a movie they paid to see, I never barge in and tell them their experience was just chemicals on celluloid, they should've saved their money.
I've never told a baseball fan that he wasted his money on 'just a game', and he should've done something more constructive, never told a person back from a bender that he just pissed away all his dough.
But when the subject of psychic readings come up, personal financial advisors crawl up from under the floorboards.

I never said I paid for the sittings, so don't worry, my retirement funds are intact, thank you for being so concerned..
Any one of you ever think that sometimes I just miss communicating without words, and seek out people that speak my native language?
Has it ever entered anyone's head that I might be making like Houdini and exposing the baloney?
Or it might be that my family has a tendency to pay for readings as birthday gifts.
I didn't ask for an old aunt to count pennies for me, I didn't ask about the validity of the individual psychics.
I asked who the hell are all these people, and what are the doing here? I asked if it was a common thing, fraud or not, for a reader to say this to a punter.

This thread got shanghied in the second post.

edit on 5-12-2011 by TheCounselor because: Ipad

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I always thought if they were truly psychic...they should come to you. Not the other way around.....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

That has happened before. A woman once followed me into the bathroom to tell me something that sounded ridiculous, but later became so. She grabbed my hand and started to talk a mile a minute.
This happened in San Francisco so make of that what you will.
I've also had a waiter at the Holiday Inn in New Orleans do the same thing while serving me coffee, minus the hand grabbing.
Maybe I just attract very observant nutcases.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You asked if anyone wanted to take a swing.

Maybe that's why you didn't get a direct response - of the gifted people who read and/or replied to your thread - no one received anything to pass on to you. Maybe the line about being surrounded by people was just that a line they use or maybe they were trying it as a hook - to get you to offer something back.

I know that it is very rare for me to tune into a stranger. It comes down to respect - unless a person standing near me is about to topple to their untimely death while I am near - I am not going to invade their person on any dimension. This you will find is the way of genuinely gifted people.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I assumed you were talking about spirit guides.

Aside from them, dead loved ones (even loved ones from past lives).

Sometimes an angel will show up, if you're lucky. Hehe

If they are all around you...a lot...then maybe you're in some kind of trouble.

Usually, if you're doing good, they go chill somewhere.

If two different psychics gave you the same name of an "invisible" entity, then THAT is definately a spirit guide. They always announce themselves first.

ETA: I'm gonna have someone do a reading for you (free, of course). I'll post the results here tonight or early tomorrow. Good luck.

If I am way off base, then please elaborate more. I have some answers.

AMANDA, I believe you. Thanks for getting my back.
edit on 5-12-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

You might be surprised how angry it makes someone to tell them you have information on their soul.

Think about it.

One argument I always hear is; "If there are people who can see the future, why was 9/11 not stopped!"

And the answer is: Because nobody will believe you!

Then 9/11 happens and they are like, "meh...lucky guess" (or something equally as disturbing)

Even funnier though is PSYCHICS do not predict the future. They merely recieve information about certain path someone is on, and roughly how it could all turn out. The future is always subject to change.

Free will.

There are people out there (not talking about me) who know things. Things that Stephen Hawking would die to know, and yet, it is all ignored. All of it. Amazing.

I thought it was all crap myself until about 3 years ago, then, BAM - there it was.

It's like a stereogram effect. You're staring at nonsense, and then you catch it with your eyes just right, and the ultimate design emerges before you. Like magic.

Our purpose is EASY to figure out. It has to be easy, so EVERYONE has a chance.

Someone who tells you, "science is the only path to the truth", is sadly lost.

Here we are, looking for enlightenment in our own technology, and it is making us stupid.

Facts cannot be determined by the results of someone else's experiments, unless you do all the experiments yourself.

If you want to know if psychics are real...then become one. We are all capable.

Meditate....chant....dress up like an owl ever night and act crazy. These things help you to relax enough to see more clearly.

I promise you... It's easy to find.

Don't spend so much time around modern gadgets. They EAT you.

edit on 5-12-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCounselor
I've gone to psychics a few times. When I sit down, I don't speak, I mean, after all, they are psychic, why should I?
The bad ones get angry that I don't, but I've had some that will answer me, and know what I'm focusing on. One I've met can carry one an entire one sided conversation.

It's the latter group, the ones that don't need words, that has caused me to raise this question. Every psychic that I've not had to speak to, tells me about this prodigious amount of people around me. Twice one particular person has been mentioned.

Do they say this to everyone? What's the deal with that? Who is that one guy? Anyone astute enough to visualize?
Who are these invisible people and why aren't they bored? Any psychics out there want to a swing at this?

I'm a bit of a cartomancer so I can give you my thoughts from a spiritualist perspective. As far as withholding information from a psychic as a "test" to see how good they are, you might be missing out on some very gifted readers. Many "psychics" work on a need-to-know basis where they are shown information rather than extract information.

On the subject of these people you are wondering about, I'd say you should get a decent reading from a reputable Tarot cartomancer as there are spreads specifically for things of this nature. Beyond that, delve into your own spiritual beliefs (be it Christian, Muslim, Shinto, whatever) and pray to your respective God. Prayer is a great spiritual exercise, regardless of your particular flavor of God.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm not a psychic, but weirder than normal things have occurred at times which has given me the opportunity to become very open minded to such things.
Ok I'm gonna ask some dumb questions here, but bare with me:

Every psychic that I've not had to speak to, tells me about this prodigious amount of people around me.

Am I correct in assuming you are referring to the "invisible" ethereal people around you as opposed to real flesh and blood people here? Hey-first rule - assume nothing!

Twice one particular person has been mentioned. ...Who is that one guy?

Uhm...assuming you are referring to an ethereal person/entity, did no one ask their name? Or give you an unprompted description that rang your spidey sense bells and whistles?

This same question could also be applied to the "invisible" ethereal groupies you've attracted. Just ask.

Why should they be bored?

The fact that you've had "very observant nutcases" come up to you out of the blue leads me to believe you vibrate at a spiritual level that is unique, which leads me to think that same unique vibrational level is what attracts your ethereal groupies. And yes, please don't discount "vibes" - they're real - just ask any string theorist/physicist. All living things vibrate at the quantum level.

That being said, have you ever tried meditating as a method of reaching out to them or the one "guy" mentally?

Everybody has a spidey sense - we're hardwired for it - just stare at someone and watch them turn their head and seek you out!!! They may not have a clue as to what they're feeling or what the devil is goin' on, but on a subconscious level they knew they were being stared at. That being said, do you "feel" your ethereal groupies' or the one "guy's" presence?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Applesthateatyou comes up for you from their reading. I'm very curious and love a good mystery!

Sorry I am unable to give you specific answers but I hope this helps you in some way so that you may find them for yourself. Sometimes that is the best way.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

OK Amanda - I am asking you, since you refer to yourself as gifted, to tell me something about my near future that is really weighing heavily on my mind. Or for that matter anyone else who is reading this thread and believes they have a gift. I will say outright that I am skeptical of the majority of psychics/mediums/tarot card readers and all other "fortune teller" types, but I also do believe there are people that seem to genuinely have a gift. You (or anyone else who can see) can do a lot to make me more of a believer if you can accurately (or even get fairly close) tell me either or both of the following:

1) Will I be able to accomplish what it is that I am trying to accomplish in the next few months? In general terms, what is it I am trying to accomplish?

2) Tell me about my brother-in-law?

I think someone who truly has the ability will need no more than that. I am being real and will respond honestly if someone gets it correct. This isn't a "game" and I'm not out to insult anyone. I believe this gift is possible and I would like an honest answer.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Hello - first of all as soon as I started to read your post I got a very tense stressed feeling - very negative and very dark.It was very difficult to read your first question - everything is out of focus - not clear at all. I really cannot offer you anything on the first question. Perhaps you can work it out on your own.

The second question - I see a man who is all alone. All I see is his head and shoulders and he's got no one near him - now that could mean he's thinking about himself/introspective or he's not connecting to anyone or communicating. He is sitting on a chair because he gets up and walks away.

Just remember it is not an exact science. I am not trying to convince you of anything and I am certainly not trying to make you a believer. I know the information is sketchy to say the least but that is what I got. You are very guarded and I think it could be difficult to read for you even if you were in the room.

Learn to burn candles and incense or perfume oils or something similar - just passing on what I am receiving. I hope this scant information helps. You are a tough one it's almost like I cannot tune in - could be distance - could be that you are intelligent enough to work things out for yourself.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I wish there was a multi-quote button.

Applesthateatpeople,
Thank you for the offer of the reading, though I don't want to put anyone through a bother.

Amanda,
You're right. They can't take a swing if they aren't thrown the ball.

cuervo,
As my unsaid question is usually, "Is this mic on? Can you hear me? Am I really doing this?" I don't want to speak, I usually am looking at a painting, or sculpture, not making eye contact, and not gesturing. When they come back with the answer, "I can hear you." That's really all I want to know. Sometimes I get a "Oh my god, are you doing that?" I guess I just want someone to tell me I'm not crazy. You can imagine the doubt that would surround a person.
So... I go to a person who very well may be as crazy as myself. yah, thought I'd get that in before the skeptics did.

SCGrits,
I tried meditation when I was younger, made me antsy as hell. I cannot abide laying quietly on my back. I can't abide being still at all.
And yes, the alleged crowd is invisible. I've been given the same name of the Big Fella twice, by two different psychics, in two different towns. The catch is, they give the name, and say, "He says that name is as good as any." So, it's like not having the name at all. And he won't say what he is or what he does.
And he sure as hell ain't tellin' me.

Thanks for all the input and ideas of what this phenomena might be. This observation seems to be a constant in the readings that don't require my voice.

edit on 6-12-2011 by TheCounselor because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join