It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ULTIMATE expression of ignorance -- "Pics or it didn't happen"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Agreed!!

I get so tired of people who have "pics or it didn't happen" as their reply.

Every UFO I have seen, well a camera would have done no good because then they would say "CGI."

I remember when someones word meant everything, now it's worthless!

S&F!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

How many average people carry a tripod with them at all times ?
You are completely missing the point of the thread .

People who are prepared and actually care about sharing the truth with other people! Intelligent people KNOW that other people need proof.

I for one carry three cameras on me most of the time and a tripod in my trunk. I take night sky photography all the time and have never seen any UFO's... Doesn't prevent me from logically approaching the subject. I generally believe in the existence of aliens, but that's still not the point! You NEED proof to substantiate claims. Same reason I don't believe in any form of organized religion, but can still be religious/spiritual/whateveryouwannacallit.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I saw a UFO one nice sunny afternoon, it was large, solid looking, I could have hit it with a rock, or his nibs could have, (I'm rubbish at throwing). He was with me, he saw it, my neighbour came out and saw it too just before it left. I took pics then destroyed them trying to view them on my PC.

I don't really give a hoot if I'm believed or not. It did happen. I'm not saying it was ET, but it was definitely alien to anything we are supposed to know.

Weirder than seeing that object is this strange feeling I have that it showed itself deliberately to me/us that day. Why? Because I was mad about UFOs and everything related to them. If it wasn't a deliberate revelation then it was a fantastic coincidence.

If someone says "Pics or it didn't happen" to me I think I'd just laugh, then I'll say "wait till you see one, because you will", because I think you all will.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When was the last time the U.S. Federal government released any U.F.O. pics. taken by the military or any of their secret organizations. I tend to say - Slim and none. Am I going to believe the the U.S. government doesn't have a least some pics on their radar screens of UFO's; and a least a few actual other-worldy craft pics. Hell No!!!

Some scientists believe that the center of alot of galaxies have massive black holes; yet no Earthling has ever seen a Black Hole. Thats where "show me pics, or it didn't happen," goes flying out the window along with the kitchen sink.

Foofighter's

Erno86

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I remember when someones word meant everything, now it's worthless!

We have no one to blame but ourselves. People lie all the time, people misidentify objects all the time, believing someone just based on their word would be foolish. Pics or it didn't happen, doesn't mean it didn't happen, it means it may as well not have, because it can never be verified. At that point all you can do is move on and look for cases that actually do have evidence.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah, no doubt. And even when you provide a pic, they sometimes attempt to tear it apart by pretending to be an expert.

This site has just become another bashing site to make sure that believers of anything except what's "normal" have to cower. . .again.

I ask you, is this the intended type of byproduct given to the masses? Did the creators of this site eventually hope to assist in ridiculing its members? Duh, NO!

So, since we know the intentions of the creators, we must heed those, and post accordingly. Should any OP feel he or she has been the subject of such bashing or ridicule, I believe it is our duty to report such behavior to the mods.

I know that is suggested already, yet, if we simply just DO it, it will make a difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
when a friend asked if I believed in UFO's I said yes, they then said they didn't believe in aliens - different question

Photographic evidence is sweet if it's available but I still like to digest the facts of a written account - the story is far more important in context with the image.
To me, it's entirely possible that most eyewitness accounts are advanced military craft in testing.
This explains why some eyewitness accounts of UFO's occur near military bases.
edit on 5-12-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Wow, so much MAD over a single sentence. Talk about making a massive mountain out of a TINY molehill.

Remember atom-atoms, words (especially ones on a website like ATS) only have as much power as you give them.

Also: Have fun believing everyone solely on their word...lemme know how that works out for ya...LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
Every day in the US, courts decide the outcome of criminal and civil cases on the basis of TESTIMONIAL evidence alone. Most cases don't have the photographic evidence to make or break a case, if there is any photo evidence at all. The credibility of the witness is of the utmost importance. Photos usually don't decide the case, but the credibility of the witness, as deemed by the judge or jury, does. Let this be clear: courts proclaim every day that "it happened" because of TESTIMONIAL, not photographic, evidence.

I just had to comment on this one part, quoted here. It's true that photos can be altered or misleading, and in a court case, and in ANY case, they really hold little value..

Testimonials are indeed the best way to prove something. Even in Biblical times, it was agreed; in John 8:17 - It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. (KJV)

HOWEVER, in both of these cases, these testimonials had ramifications if the witnesses were caught lying. If you're providing a testimony in a court house, and are found out that you lied, you could face SERIOUS charges. This is the reason they were regarded as truth - because if you were caught lying, you faced the penalty of death (in older days), and today, could face several years in prison, or even death, depending on the claim and the case.

That is why testimonials are not as valued in, say, UFO/Alien encounters or stories. The people making these claims, have nothing to lose except their reputation, if they are caught lying - and how could they get caught lying? How could you disprove someone's claim about being anally probed one night?

Sorry, but although people can have very honest experiences, it is still way too easy to exaggerate, mislead, give false information; lie.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

First I agree with you fully about the pics or it did not happen nonsense. That is childish nonsense and I think if that is all the poster has to say they should not bother posting. You are 100% right in that regard.

That still leaves us with the problem that with the possible exception of health food, over the counter health products, vitamins, supplements and folk medicine products, there is more lying, misleading and outright dishonesty in this topic than nearly any other.

The topic of UFO's is and has been of interest to a large percentage of us for multiple generations. It's almost inevitable that what amounts to confidence persons have infested the topic. Then you have to add to that the cult's and their behavior, including suicides and the inevitable phony who is "in contact" with so called Aliens as if they would contact them and nobody in authority. Then of course they need "donations". How can this not make many reasonably intelligent people highly skeptical?

I don't think there are very many serious people in this topic and even those with celebrity are often just taking advantage of what they see as an opportunity to scam some money from the silly UFO believers. I can almost see the authors of some books and the producers of some documentaries chuckling as they produce their product.

Don't get me started on Progressive Historians who engage in parabolic teaching, passing it off as true history. I'm old enough I'm already seeing false history being taught to our children and grandchildren.

I am an experiencer and a skeptic who freely admits a UFO is in fact "unidentified" and therefore I don't know what I witnessed. People who have had good sightings themselves are way to quick to assume they just saw an Alien craft when they have no idea what they just saw.

As to those who run around with Aliens and party with them (tongue in cheek) I'm highly skeptical and think most are either mentally ill or just seeking attention. I highly doubt Aliens are landing here and conversing with people in secret when their is no benefit for them if they exist. If you apply basic critical thinking to those accounts, you should find a healthy dose of skepticism yourself. Ask yourself, if you represented Earth and went to another populated planet would you purposefully only communicate with these people? Or is this some kind of cosmic "Gaslight" routine?
edit on 12/5/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
To me, it's entirely possible that most eyewitness accounts are advanced military craft in testing.
This explains why some eyewitness accounts of UFO's occur near military bases

I think that's possible too. But I don't think they're testing the flight of these craft in a lot of cases, I think they're testing something else and it involves human guinea pigs. Or it could be that their technology has serious accidental consequences on the brain causing it "consistent narrative" hallucinations.

I used to delve into local sightings and other stories and when you do that things gets really strange. You're left with 2 main conclusions really. If it's not the devil it's military experiments
Or it might be real aliens???

But don't think it's nothing, because it's really something.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yeah, and even worse...when you do present photographic evidence, or videos...then, they find other reasons to mention fault.

The people you're talking about are not even trying to accept evidence into their mainframe so that they can evolve from the knowledge. Their sole purpose is to either protect their own belief system by attempting to convince YOU that the evidence presented isn't good enough, or, they're protecting "The Machine," which provides them their daily comforts and 3 square meals a day.

You see, if you can keep the "Collective Belief System" down, then, the paradigm that they are trying to protect, remains intact. but...But...BUT...When the WHOLE belief system starts to shift, and more people come towards the truth, then, it forces them to actually put THOUGHT into something other than their precious daily routine. And since that requires energy and volition, they'd rather just do their best to make sure that no one else thinks any differently from them.

Its all changing though...and their time of playing the arm-chair, "Self-Made-Expert," will END. There won't be enough crows on this planet to fill their mouths when its all over and done with.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

those who demand pics are just tired of all of the liars, especially on this website, who conjure up horse crap because they want to feel as though their lives have meaning, so they concoct some asinine story to get attention, if only in the form of up votes and stars.

In an environment like ATS, it works, because there are enough conformists to go around, but in the real world, those of us with standards, ask for evidence "or it didn't happen". In other words: If you want us to believe what you say, you have to prove it to us.

If you don't care, then you shouldn't mind our requests.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and guess that no one has posted my "signature" as a response to this topic.

Taken, with permission, from a post by ProtoplasmicTraveler:

"And so it was that everything prior to the Civil War in America and the invention of the Camera was striken from history for lack of pictures. As the nation and the world approaches year 144 AC (after camera) it still struggles to define itself having come to realize that all pre zero year history never happened."
ProtoplasmicTraveler

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by butcherguy

Agreed.
It would be ignorant to just believe every story without further proof and isn't the motto of this site 'deny ignorance'?
Pictures are mandatory. I mean, we don't live in the 80's anymore, every mobile phone has a camera and i think by now everyone owns a mobile phone with a built camera. Even i do, my mobiles phone is 5 years old, i use it rarely but if saw something weird in the sky or elswhere, i would grab it and make pictures. So, there's no excuse for not having pictures.

As butcherguy said, every idiot can join here and tell a fake story just to troll or have a good laugh.
If i say "Whoa, i saw Jesus last night in my garden, he was taking a swim in my pool' would somebody believe it? No...same as the 'i saw a ufo' or the 'Ufo Armada over Netherlands' thing that was started yesterday here.

I heard Jesus couldn't swim. John the Baptist had a heck of a time that day with Jesus.

Parchment or it didn't happen....

Third line.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have an idea:

How about if you don't believe something somebody else says, you keep your mouth shut instead of wasting everyone's time? What's the point of sitting on your arse typing some useless BS for page after page after page? If you're saying stupid comments like "pics or it didn't happen." then guess what - nobody will believe you either!! Unless of course, you have pics.

It was funny for like the first 6 months :: cough ::, now it's getting kinda old.

I don't even bother wasting my time writing threads anymore because of this crap flooding the boards. If that's what you're trying to do, good job.

By the way I'm 30 years old and have never bothered getting a cell phone, the only thing they're really good for is if you need to make an emergency phone call.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I started a pretty similar thread about disinfo claims, but I couldnt word it quite as well as you have

The phrase of this site is "DENY IGNORANCE" but the reality of it is very different.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
[this is what some lack , but we should all know it well [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking]CRITICAL THINKING WIKI LINK

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i only got 5 words to sum up this thread,....

pics...or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnivoxSuperfuzz

The fact is, asking for more proof when a claim is sketchy and you don't believe it is a perfectly normal and intelligent thing to do. If I don't believe your claim and you can't substantiate it, then that's it for your claim in my book.

It is not normal or intelligent to say "...it didn't happen" simply because they don't have a picture. That's a huge conclusion to make based on the lack of the evidence that YOU think is most important.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join