It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ULTIMATE expression of ignorance -- "Pics or it didn't happen"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I have found with this sight that the negative along with the positive responses go with the territory. Whenever you post something online you open yourself up to everyones opinions. Isn't that what we are here for?

What is great about this sight is the expertise of others, whereas, we may not have it ourself on a certain topic or mysterious antiquity. But, with the help of our friends here, we can get answers to our many questions.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
BTW, for all you POIDH people -- I've witnessed over a dozen UFOs since 1999. Not a single one of those sightings were photographed. I didn't (and still don't) carry a camera and even my cell phone doesn't have a camera. Those events happened. Whether you choose to believe it or not, they happened. If you want to deny reality by denying the truth of those sightings, go ahead, but that just means you choose to persist in ignorance by denying EVERY story that deals with this subject.

And all we have is your story that you've seen a dozen "things" that you were unable to identify. Maybe you're not a very good observer. Maybe you are Mr. Upright Citizen, or maybe you are Ms. Doofus. We don't know you, and to suggest it is we who are ignorant when you haven't even given us a hint of what you saw is what is ridiculous.

At this level of explanation your stories about UFOs are FAR worse than Roxanne's--and SHE had pictures! Anyone here remember Roxanne? She posted movies of UFOs on YouTube for quite a long time. She would stand outside on her balcony every night and take pictures, "OOOOing" and "Awing" about how awesome they were. You could see the moving lights in her movies.

When someone got a shot in daylight what appeared? A hill opposite her apartment with a road going to the top. All she was seeing were cars driving up and down the hill with their headlights on. But just try to convince Roxanne she was seeing automobiles. Not in your life. Indeed, she said something like this:

"Those events happened. Whether you choose to believe it or not, they happened. If you want to deny reality by denying the truth of those sightings, go ahead, but that just means you choose to persist in ignorance by denying EVERY story that deals with this subject"

Then Roxanne removed all her videos and went off in a huff never to be seen again. Now it was kind of obvious that Roxanne wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and she wasn't very happy when people pointed out her mistakes. But at least she had pics, and you don;t even have that. You saw a dozen UFOs? What does that statement even mean?

Taking your post at face value here (knowing you may have excplained your sightings in complete depth elsewhere) your story about seeing a dozen UFOs is completely useless. It lacks detail. There is no supporting information. So just where are we supposed to go with a story like this? It adds absolutely nothing to the genre. Nothing. And you DARE to be "angry" because someone asks for pics?

Here's what "Pics or it didn't happen" means. It's shorthand for:

Your story as presented is useless. Please do a better job of explaining what you saw. Please show us that you have the presence of mind to at least investigate your own sighting. Please provide as much context as you can. Please explain why your sighting should even be discussed, or why it is so compelling that you deem it necessary to tell us what you saw. How do you think your sighting fits into the overall pattern of UFOs as reported elsewhere? Have you thought about and dismissed such alternative explanations as airplanes, birds, lanterns, lampposts and the like? How does your sighting contribute to the "UFO community?" If there is anything about your personal background that might be relevant, please share that.

And please, please understand that if you report that you saw some lights in the sky, you are unlikely to be greeted as the Savior with the answer to UFOs, life, the universe, and everything. We will not treat you as a hero nor bow down to your feet. That you saw a light in the sky does not mean aliens are visiting earth from another planet or another dimension. That you saw a light in the sky does not raise your intelligence or mean that you have superior powers of observation. It does not make you a special person. And if that's all you've got, please consider not posting, otherwise people will say,

pics, or it didn't happen.

edit on 12/6/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

That was meant to show two things: 1 -- that many people don't carry photographic equipment with them and 2 -- to claim I didn't see what I know I saw simply because photos don't exist to corroborate it is ignorant, pure and simple. People like you claim IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. You've made a conclusion based on a lack of the type of evidence you demand, not on facts, credibility of the witness or anything of the kind. You conclude this ONLY on the basis that there is no photographic evidence. The more some of you try to defend this the sillier you look.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't even bother to look at pictures half the time. I know what computers can do. You can fabricate a picture of anything.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Us "photo or it didnt happen" people aren't saying anything like the long reaching ridiculous statements some of you are making.

We're saying that there are a lot of idiot people out there who will make up a story just to get attention.

So as a filter for the B.S. we say pics now or it didn't happen.

This is exactly the thing I meant by starting this thread. To conclude that an event did not happen unless you can show photographic evidence is outrageously ridiculous. Such conclusion shows that you've put no thought, no logic, no analysis in reaching that conclusion and that all that matters is a photo. If a photo were produced, you'd still say it didn't happen because no amount of evidence, testimonial, photographic, or even a chunk of an ET would suffice. You're not looking to filter BS -- you've already concluded that any story without pics is BS even before that story is told.

You obviously lack a fundamental comprehension of reading what others write.

If you want us to believe asinine and wild speculative stories, then show us pictures.

If you don't care if we don't believe you, then move along.

The only thing that lacks logic, thought, and analysis here is someone like you who says "take me at my word, im an honest guy"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by Ashertron

>MFW when anyone calls the request for evidence (which is all POIDH is) "ignorant"

You have completely missed the point of ATS, please go fail somewhere else now.

/thread
edit on 6-12-2011 by Ashertron because: broken image

Judging by the shear amount of support over the last 13 pages , I hardly think the thread has failed .

Whoever comes up with the ignorant reply " Pics , or it didn't happen " , especially after the OP has stressed that for whatever reason , he couldn't obtain a pic , is nothing more than a TROLL

edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

Just because a lot of atom-atoms showed up to "support" it doesn't make the thread any less laughable or make you gullible fools any less MAD 'cause really that's all that's going on here, people MAD. Lots of people showed up for the new Twilight film too, it doesn't make Twilight any less eye-rolling or stupid.

The true purpose of a troll is to drag fools and idiots into the light to expose them (said fools would never see it that way though). I'd say 14 pages worth of people getting MAD at others for simply requesting proof is a whole-lotta fools exposed....
So yeah, call requesting proof "trolling" if you like, it was VERY successful & it sure exposed you.

PICS. OR. IT. DIDN'T. HAPPEN.
It will ALWAYS be that way, nor can you stop it.
Deal w/it.....or just keep getting MAD, it's pretty funny.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Ashertron because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Without pictures people are much less likely to believe in what you are trying to present.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
^Butt hurt.

You're never going to stop Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
^Butt hurt.

You're never going to stop Pics or it didn't happen.

Maybe not , but we will politely remind people that such comments contribute absolutely nothing to this site .

Whoever comes up with the ignorant reply " Pics , or it didn't happen " , especially after the OP has stressed that for whatever reason , he couldn't obtain a pic , is nothing more than a TROLL

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Before anybody posts any more personal insults , I suggest you read the following .

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9882282#pid9882282

Be warned . I will report ANYBODY who does not abide by the code of conduct .

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

As a great man once said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join