It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scandinavia, are you there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I would really like to know what is going on with Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Oh, and Switzerland - where are you?

Because, you guys, you seem to be removed from this world.

What I would like to know is this:

Why are you absent? Not that I blame you - it is pretty horrible. But what are you guys actually doing?

I am a lightbeing and I am finding it pretty horrible as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I would really like to know what is going on with Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Oh, and Switzerland - where are you?

Because, you guys, you seem to be removed from this world.

What I would like to know is this:

Why are you absent? Not that I blame you - it is pretty horrible. But what are you guys actually doing?

I am a lightbeing and I am finding it pretty horrible as well.

They are getting on with maintaining some of the strongest and healthiest economies on earth, coupled with some of the most modern and open democracies and infrastructure that shames any other nation tenfold. They aren't "absent", they just refuse to ass kiss. We in the UK could learn a lot from them.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The scandinavian countries are the best democracies in the world. Their health care, education and standard of living are second to none. why do they not play a more active role in world affairs? probably because they focus on fixing their own problems rather than trying to police the world like the rest of the west does.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Norway is making their silent oil business and making shopping trips to Finland, cause prices in Norway are like 2x higher

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Don't forget that these countries have major influence in technology and business, but much less in politics. Also they have really small populations compared to other countries on the same footing of "popularity".

So you know of them, you hear of them alot and can point them out on the map and say your phone or computer was developed there but all in they are only as big as some tiny country in Africa most people have never heard or such.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
OK, So these countries have opted out. They are in their own world.

Lucky them.

What will they do when the world falls to pieces?

And they are left with a planet ruined by the other warfaring countries?

It is OK to do your own thing - but if others have wrecked your planet while you were not looking - what then?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
We actually involve ourself in the rest of the world, but it depends on what you mean, maybe your media doesn't mention us.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
we're off working, the scandinavian countries pay the most taxes in the world

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
OK, I get it

Scandinavia and Switzerland are going to take over, in their own quiet way, when the USA and its enemies have imploded.

Please, guys, remember NZ and OZ.

I admire you guys for staying out of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I am from denmark, and we are not hidden, we are actually involved in most major events going on at the planet, like war, pirate hunt, humanitarian aid, import, export, plus our politics is very alive in both EU parlament and NATO.

Our soldiers are great allies in the war against terorisme, and are well precented in Afghanistan, and are getting killed like any other soldier.
We have Greenland wich is a big topic, for minning resorces.

We are there where everybody else are, and feel the troubles of the economic ressesion, war politics or what ever.
Sometime we shout, and the world will hear us, sometim,e we are silent, but still there and active.

But how much can you really do, with a population of 5 Mill. people, thats half of Londons population.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Hi Mian,

And I would really like to thank you for saving the planet along with our kiwis.

Cheers and congratulations to you!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Messias
we're off working, the scandinavian countries pay the most taxes in the world

Im with you on this one

Taxation here is ridiculous... theres a tax for just about everything...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H
We actually involve ourself in the rest of the world, but it depends on what you mean, maybe your media doesn't mention us.

Their media and most of their population would probably have problems pointing you out on a map.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Well said, that's also what we do in Norway. You took the words out of my mouth

So we do involve, it's just that media doesn't always work the way we want it to do. They probably think: "Aah, # that, Scandinavia isn't any good news, let's not use our resources to say that Scandinavia joins us in this and that". If that's the case, then it's kind sad.

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I am from denmark, and we are not hidden, we are actually involved in most major events going on at the planet, like war, pirate hunt, humanitarian aid, import, export, plus our politics is very alive in both EU parlament and NATO.

Our soldiers are great allies in the war against terorisme, and are well precented in Afghanistan, and are getting killed like any other soldier.
We have Greenland wich is a big topic, for minning resorces.

We are there where everybody else are, and feel the troubles of the economic ressesion, war politics or what ever.
Sometime we shout, and the world will hear us, sometim,e we are silent, but still there and active.

But how much can you really do, with a population of 5 Mill. people, thats half of Londons population.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
OK,

I was just trying to hear that voice - because we never hear that voice.

Why don't we hear that voice?

Don't let the US bully you - we here in NZ don't, and we are small - you are much bigger I think.

So, you do this and that - where are you in world politics?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It's truly incredible what can be accomplished when all of your nation's wealth is not being spent on foreign aid, illegal wars, corporate welfare...and the biggest leach of all, Wall Street and the Banksters (wow, great name for a band!).

I wonder what their trade situation is like with China? Do they allow China to undercut locally produced goods like the US does? Do they allow China to steal Intellectual Property like the US does? If a company moves its production to China, do you still treat that company as if it were a local company? Levi's come to mind on that question- they moved all production to China, so they are now a Chinese company, but they act like they are still a Great American Company- traitors as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 5-12-2011 by DragonTattooz because: grammar

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Goddag.
Hello.

Det er mit første forsøg på en kommentar. Ta' den med ro mht. stavning osv. Ellers; Kom glad !
This is my first attempt at a comment. Take it easy in terms of spelling, etc. Otherwise, Be my guest !

Jeg er fra Danmark og jeg er her.
I'm from Denmark and I'm here.

Den som lever skjult lever godt.
He who lives hidden, live a good life.

På trods af social velfærd, uddannelse osv. samme lort her som andre steder.
Despite of social welfare, education, etc. same # here as elsewhere.

Jeg er begyndt at hamstre og forberede mig, og er ved at have overblik over, hvad jeg vil gøre når lorten rammer blæseren. . åndsvagt udtryk !
I have begun to hoard and prepare, and is about to have an overview of what to do when the # hit the fan. . stupid expression !

Jeg ønsker at starte en tråd i overlevelse når jeg engang har gjort mig "fortjent" til det.
I want to start a thread in survival once I have made myself deserve it. . . . . .

Jeg vender tilbage.
I'll be back.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skizoid
Goddag.
Hello.

Det er mit første forsøg på en kommentar. Ta' den med ro mht. stavning osv. Ellers; Kom glad !
This is my first attempt at a comment. Take it easy in terms of spelling, etc. Otherwise, Be my guest !

Jeg er fra Danmark og jeg er her.
I'm from Denmark and I'm here.

Den som lever skjult lever godt.
He who lives hidden, live a good life.

På trods af social velfærd, uddannelse osv. samme lort her som andre steder.
Despite of social welfare, education, etc. same # here as elsewhere.

Jeg er begyndt at hamstre og forberede mig, og er ved at have overblik over, hvad jeg vil gøre når lorten rammer blæseren. . åndsvagt udtryk !
I have begun to hoard and prepare, and is about to have an overview of what to do when the # hit the fan. . stupid expression !

Jeg ønsker at starte en tråd i overlevelse når jeg engang har gjort mig "fortjent" til det.
I want to start a thread in survival once I have made myself deserve it. . . . . .

Jeg vender tilbage.
I'll be back.

Man, I would love to hear how some of those words are pronounced! With a a few of them, I can't even make my mind make the sounds in my head, let alone make them roll off of my tongue!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
As it has allready been mentioned a few times we have a decent social system here, but we pay far to much to have it. In Denmark the lowest taxrate for someone with a job is roughly 46% (unless you got bank-loans). You can add a 25% VAT/salestax on top of that.

Someone said we have a great democracy, which is totaly wrong if you talk about Denmark. just like in the US, we have two branches with similar ideas, these two branches can be split into 10 parties total, all with a slightly diffrent flavor of the same basic ideas.

We (the people) rejected the EURO multiple times and were allowed to keep our old currency Danish Kroner. DKr. is closly tied to the EURO, but atleast we have the option to pull our economic poletics in our own direction if we dident have all these US-lapdog-poleticians who constantly argue for more power to the european parlement (and ultimately world government) instead of running our own country.......(That was a darn long sentence)

reply to post by DragonTattooz

well here is an example of our beautiful language

It shows how our primeminister Anders Fogh Rasmussen (in 2007) lie about massdestruction weapons in Iraq and the reasons on why Denmark aided in that war. Anders Fogh Rasmussen later became and still is the generalsecretary of NATO.

Rough translation:

In the first clip from 2007 Anders Fogh says: We never at any given time used the weapons of massdestruction as a reason to enter in the war with Iraq.

In the speech from 2003 Denmark just entered the Iraq war, Anders says: He (Sadam Hussein) haven't documented thousands of liters of antrax, roughly 6500 chemical bombs, 80 ton of mustard-gas and large amounts of biological poisons. On top of that we have the dangerous treat of "longranged" missiles and the risk that he soon may posses nuclear weapons.

...And the minister of defence Per Stig Møller continues to point out that Sadam got weapons of massdestruction and the importence of this as the reason to go to war.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We might be quite quiet now but when SHTF and war erupts, then Scandinavia will be a major focus for Russia. Denmark and Norway share the only entrance to the Baltic Sea which could become quite important.
As mentioned before, Greenland is a part of Denmark and is believed to hold valuable minerals and oil - a dispute over these riches is already taking place between Canada, Denmark, USA, Russia, Norway and Greenland (as a self governed nation).
Also, the Russians would be able to take a major short cut by invading Finland, Sweden and Denmark as they then would be able to invade northern Germany instead of having to move through most of eastern Europe (with Poland to be quite a challenge according to my belief)

In such a scenario, Finland would be hit the hardest. Finland has the largest army of all of the Nordic countries and would possibly be the hardest opponent of all of us

top topics

<<   2 >>

join