It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Letter Bombs Found In UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
4 letter bombs were found today, bringing to total number of letter bombs in Luton to 14. Inside the packages were found small lunchbox size containers with lighter fluid in them. No one in the town of Luton has been injured by the explosive packages.

news.bbc.co.uk
Four more suspect packages have been recovered in Luton, bringing to 14 the total mailed to addresses and delivery offices in the town.

Six were delivered to residents in Luton on Saturday morning and four were recovered from two Royal Mail delivery offices in the town on Saturday night.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Three of the packages contained a white fluid which has not yet been identified, but officials don't believe that it was harmful. All of the packages have been mailed to resident's homes, and it is not yet determined who is behind them. Officials would like to stress than everyone be aware when opening their mail.

Bomb disposal officers are dealing with the specific packages. There is no known link to those who have recieved them. Officials warn that if you recieve a package that appears suspcious or unexpected, not to touch it or open it, just call your local authorities.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh for the love of all things sacred and holy...how many of these 'letter bombs' have the postal service had?

Everyday some mornonic twit comes up with a plan to mail cornflour n bicarb of soda in a box or letter...then they add some water pockets and when u rip it up u mix the contents so it fizzes n stuff.

seriously tho...if there was a major event then it would be breaking news...not just some back water story we heard first about oh..lets see..hmm...back in 2001!

there morons...if it was big..action would be taken.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
BBC News

Police hunting the culprit behind a series of letter bombs say 26 suspect packages have now been found.
Twenty four of the packages have been recovered in Bedfordshire while another was found in Hertfordshire and one in Essex.

I agree with Gryffen, this stuff happens all the time maybe the police just want to make a bigger deal than it already is. I think its just some person messing around who's found that cook book thing. And the way they described the way it's made very primative not any attention detail to how its made and certainly not IRA stuff.

[edit on 7/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sounds like the British governments up to there old tricks of course this will be blamed on the IRA maybe UDA, there is a ploy being set up, it will come out in time
I have to laugh why hasnít G.W. gone after the Irish after all weíve been fighting British rule for generations? Iíll tell you why, it because most of the bombings in Britain and Ireland are the handywork of MI5, all to cause decent and greater expenditures for military and law enforcement

Just an Orangemanís opinion

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Look like I'll eat my hat now "A man has been arrested in connection with dozens of letter bombs mailed to various addresses across England" so it looks like this case is closed one less mad man on the street I guess.

BBC NEWS

A Bedfordshire Police spokeswoman said: "Bedfordshire Police have arrested Justin McAuliffe, the 32-year-old Bedford man wanted in connection with sending dangerous packages to addresses in Bedfordshire and other counties.

"A female member of the Bedfordshire Police support staff who was travelling to work along the A6 saw a man she thought looked like Justin McAuliffe. She called police who came and arrested him."

A total of 33 improvised explosive devices have been posted since 3 September to addresses in Blackpool, Colchester, Luton and Harpenden, Hertfordshire.

Related Links
Bedfordshire Police

[edit on 25/9/2004 by SE7EN]

new topics

top topics

join