It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for police - One of the biggest reasons for the recent UK riots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, I can't really disagree with it (not that the riots were in anyway justified). The UK police are becoming much more elevated above the common folk - especially young males - and despite what David Cameron thinks (let's not forget he's an upper middle class ex-public schoolboy with little or no knowledge of what real life is like for the common man in the UK) - People are beginning to feel oppressed and threatened with the onslaught of heavy policing, random stop and search tactics and corruption.

I am in no way excusing these rioters, in fact I think burning down your own community is the worst way to go about things, but in some ways I can see why they feel oppressed and victimized.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They repeatedly expressed frustrations about their daily interactions with the police, saying that they felt hassled, bullied and complaining that they were not treated as equals.

The focus of much resentment was police use of stop and search which was felt to be unfairly targeted and often undertaken in an aggressive and discourteous manner.

Seventy per cent of the rioters said they had been stopped and searched in the last year.

And time and again interviewees described the violence as a chance to get back at the police.

"It was war and for the first time we was in control, like we had the police scared, like there was no more us being scared of the police," one rioter said.

Whereas David Cameron states:

"This was not political protest, or a riot about politics, it was common or garden thieving, robbing and looting," Mr Cameron told the Commons.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
the police are hated by a big part of america too

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
There's a lot of them nowadays too. Everyday I travel into the city I hear sirens going off. The police have made it clear they represent the government who have little sympathy for the types of kids you found in the London riots (low earners).

I sympathise with the London rioters personally, every area of scoiety verbally beats them down daily.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
"please" and "thank you" will go a very long way, too bad the police dont know that
and to think that if police were taught some basic manners then this wouldn't be happening
here in america is happening the same thing. I remember when they first introduced the TSA
I just could feel the anger growing and look what's is happening now, the OWS protests
I'm not saying the TSA is the reason for the OWS protests but it definitely helped to get things started
if TSA had hired some well mannered workers then who know maybe OWS wouldn't have been so big now

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Another link here, lots of interviews with the rioters.

When it began, he started hurling bricks at police. "The frontline would be attacking the police while the backlines would be in the shop," he said. "So the frontline's holding off the police and then the people at the back are looting the shops. So it's like a formation."

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The revolution to overthrow the corrupt monarchy will continue. Get rid of the royal freeloaders,Britain.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
The revolution to overthrow the corrupt monarchy will continue. Get rid of the royal freeloaders,Britain.

How about no? How about mind your own business?

Back to the riots, sorry, but I have no sympathy with them whatsoever. If you have done nothing wrong, and have nothing to hide, why be afraid of the police searching you? They say the police were rude and threatening, but nothing about the rioters personal conduct when dealing with the police. If they were just staging demonstrations, where no looting took place - even if they turned violent, I would have supported them, but they decided to rob from people trying to make a life in these hard times, they decided to burn down peoples houses when there were families inside.

Of course, uncontrolled immigration is to blame for all of this, but that is a different topic altogether.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Twiptwop

the youth of Britain has spoken in the form of riots NOW.Next will be a revolution in which the royal freeloaders and Rothschild will be guillotined.

Of course, uncontrolled immigration is to blame for all of this, but that is a different topic altogether.

What goes around comes around .UK gives asylum to Al qaeda ,mafia and terrorists.I guess its karma.
edit on 5-12-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

the youth of Britain has spoken in the form of riots NOW.Next will be a revolution in which the royal freeloaders and Rothschild will be guillotined.

What goes around comes around .UK gives asylum to Al qaeda ,mafia and terrorists.I guess its karma.

I really hate it when Americans sound off like they know everything. Our Royal Family is our concern, get out of our political system and stop interfering - if as an American you can comprehend that idea.

This has nothing to do with the rothchilds either, this is a bunch of thugs ruining lives for their own greed. Mind your own business.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Twiptwop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The police could have stopped the London Riot. They did the exact oppisite of what should have been done and they knew it. They allowed the whole thing to escalate. When they looked at how the LA Riots started they concluded that the initial Police response was insufficient and caused things to get out of hand.The LAPD were incompetant. The blame was with them. Police Departments know how to handle a riot. They are paid taxpayer money to resolve these things. It is their fault not the public.

The riots are used as an excuse to strip away the rights of the public. Governments want to make it illegal to assemble in a public space. If criminal acts are committed during a protest the Police must deal with the individuals and not use individual acts as an excuse for Politicians to strip back the rights of the public.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

The youths want democracy not fascism and corporatocracy.You royalists will be sweep ed away from power the same way you were sweep ed away from the USA by our founding fathers .The monarchy are thugs who have mass murdered 300 million people in 100-200 years.200 million in india.50-100 million in Africa,middle east etc. Also you are house of Rothschild crime syndicate,the biggest murderers in history.

In the end all royalists will be killed and monarchy freeloaders and moochers will have to pay.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
And this report was by the Gaurdian and the London school of Economics ie Fabian central, NWO social engineering.

The reason these scum felt hassled by the police is because they were mostly gang members conducting their drug trade etc!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

NATO CIA MI6 is the biggest drug dealers.Legalise drugs and it reinvigorate UK economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The youths want democracy not fascism and corporatocracy.You royalists will be sweep ed away from power the same way you were sweep ed away from the USA by our founding fathers .The monarchy are thugs who have mass murdered 300 million people in 100-200 years.200 million in india.50-100 million in Africa,middle east etc. Also you are house of Rothschild crime syndicate,the biggest murderers in history.

In the end all royalists will be killed and monarchy freeloaders and moochers will have to pay.

Oh put a sock in it you loudmouthed yank bullhorn. It's obvious you have no understanding of our history whatsoever, otherwise you would not be bleating out such ignorant and false comments. Our monarchy hasn't had any real power since before 1688. God Americans really are a tedious nationality. At least your waning significance in the world is faltering faster and faster as the days go by. Soon, we won't have to hear you!
edit on 5-12-2011 by Twiptwop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

like they say:

Truth makes a man angry.

Soon the freeloader and royal mooches will be overthrown by the youth and hard working public of Britain.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

like they say:

Truth makes a man angry.

What truth? You haven't stated any truth. You allege that the Royals killed hundreds of millions of people, when they couldn't even order a change in the UK because they have no power whatsoever. If you can read, go to a place called a "library", ask for this thing called a "book", specifically on "The English Civil War", "The Glorious Revolution" and "The rise of the British Empire". You might learn something.

Having said that, you have a German username, which would also explain why you are a bitter and twisted soul. Never quite been able to match our international standing, the Germans.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Right, first off let me say that my wife is a police officer in the UK so you might think my view is coloured, but I think I can give an objective overview; the police in the UK and in the US seem to get a roasting on this site and at the risk of antagonising a few; I think it's because so many on here are just anti-establishment, pure and simple. What people tend to forget is that police officers are humans as well, they suffer the same foibles as us, they have bad days and good days, and they make mistakes. Now, the quotes in the OP were interesting; 70% of the rioters had been stop searched....that's high, but take a look at our demographic; THEY WERE RIOTERS, come on, think about it; you're asking criminals if they had been stop searched, I would think the % should have been higher, but then the police are already over stretched. Now lets ask why the rioting was allowed to reach the level it did, it's because if they go in hard the media is all over them about brutality, if they go softly then nobody takes any notice and the media are all over them for not taking it seriously. Now when someone offers you violence if your response is anything other than upping the level then you'll end up a victim. IMHO the riots were not the police's fault, it's the governments for creating a culture of greed, not a culture of....Philanthropy, for want of a better word. In addition I think the lower classes hate the police as they are the representatives or the face of the government, and indeed they might feel "victimised" but that doesn't mean they're innocent. It also seems to be the fashion to join the "I hate the police" club because it's flavour of the month for the middle classes, oooh it makes me anti-establishment, and edgy, it makes me feel like one of the "people"...please, if someone roughed you up on the tube you'd be pleading for the local copper to help in an instant.

...I don't know how to respond to the anti-monarchists and the Rothschild stuff.....but in a similar vein my nan thought the Daily mail had a satellite in orbit watching her.....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Although I agree the hatred for the police continues, I think the riots were for an even sadder reasons : obsession with consumption and this disreguard for anyone but themselves.

Anyway the police are becoming so impersonal that although i am not excusing it, they are creating more reason for violent attacks on them or hatred. If they became more personal, delt with the public with common sense instead of this patronizing rule book they seem to have to follow to the word, then they would seem more like "people" and less like this untouchable sub species who just buy selecting the right job can now go around battering, and pepper spraying anyone they want.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This years riots were somewhat random and spontaneous and born out of anger and frustration.
There was a recklessness and unfocussed nature to them which alienated a large percentage of the UK's population.
Yes, anger at the police, who increasingly act and are viewed as a government owned tool and weapon and not merely enforcers of law, played a large part in it.
And I have no doubt the police lame response to the initial riot in Tottenham was a deliberate message to their government overlords about cuts in the police force etc.

The Police, and The Met in particular, have become entrenched with The Masons and TPTB.

If Cameron continues to marginalise and alienate large sections of UK society in his drive to turn this nation into some sort of Victorianesque society and continue completely ignoring the genuine cares and concerns of 'the people' then this years riots could look like a primary school fight compared to what is coming.
And those riots could well be co-ordinated, focussed and target driven ensuring maximum support and impact.

Cameron is leading this country into major confrontation with itself and he cares nothing about the consequences.

reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Please do yourself a favour and stop making a fool of yourself over something you obviously know nothing about.
The British Royal Family have no power whatsoever, they cost very little to maintain and are a part of our heritage and culture.
Rest assured, if they ever interfere in the governing of this country then they will go the way of a few of their ancestors....but that will be our choice and decision.
We Brits tend to view The Royal Family as something of a quaint, old anachronism....quite a few Americans seem to have a quite unhealthy obsession with them, which is even more worrying considering they have absolutely no influence or effect on their lives at all.
I suggest you concern yourself with the many injustices and inequalities that exist in your country before attemptig to moralise to others.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
While there are valid complaints regarding some aspects of policing from normal citizens of the UK, let's not fool ourselves by ignoring the main reason the rioting types don't like police: because the rioters are largely criminals and the police are their ''enemy'' because they are the most serious obstacle in their criminal lifestyle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join