It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doggie ADHD?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Even such a thing?

Yes, you won't allow it, because some human disposition asked for it?

God forbid, it was some great conspiracy, or some Occupy Wall Street.

But,

Do dogs,

Have such a case, they experience ADHD?

Deleting this thread because some human stepped off topic is wrong, and if another person experienced doggie ADHD, I would like to know. Thank you.

Fine, I won't give the other person the doggie Meds.

Blah, Blah and I'm not talking outer-space BS.

We should be able to discuss like adults? Yes or No?

Or, what, we aren't anymore?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Real quick before it's gone...a woman I used to date had a dog on barbituates. Phenalbarbital i think it was. To control seizures.

edit on 5-12-2011 by type0civ because: Crap....i cant spell anymore

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

You should date my sister, an excuse for anything and everything.

Not the real problem.

My dog, does not present seizures. But, if you confront my sister, he would miraculously have them.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Guess we all know, who runs this place.

You scared everyone off. Congrats.

There is no such disease, with animals.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Huh? What? My dog is 'tarded.

Until this day, I have NEVER seen a dog NOT take cover from rainy weather.
Instead of chilling in the doghouse, this pup would rather dig a hole and lay in it and shiver.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I had a broken retriever.
A golden who was not interested in tennis balls. I miss him.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
There is a show you might find interesting , it's called "It's me or the dog " . I've seen many animals dealt with that might qualify as ADHD. I'm a cat person and I've had many. About a year and a half ago my daughter brought home a new kitten that was just about 3 to 4 weeks age and I think that one is ADHD. She breaks every toy I buy here within hours , she still climbs the curtains and at 14 pounds-that can be a real issue. Not a morning goes by that someone in the house doesn't wake up with scratches on their hands, feet , or arms. We actually gave one of our cats to a family member a few weeks ago because she was a very small animal despite being fully grown. Speck picked on her nonstop and she lived her life mostly hidden in my night stand. Speck get on the counters and breaks things including a lamp that my great grandparents brought with them from Germany. My daughter has a twelve year old cat that she took with her when she moved out last year to start med school. An apartment has opened up right across the street from her campus and she is moving. Pebbles has been left with me the last two nights and as we already knew...speck is beating her up several times a night and trapping her on the kitchen counter. I woke up this morning to a very nasty surprise because pebbles will not leave that counter. I do not agree with medication on humans unless there is no other option . I have a cousin that spent twelve years becoming a phychiatrist (spelling ?) only to leave it after six years. She says the medication excuse "it's the best we have " left her awake all night . It works by dulling the transmitters in the brain until it can't dull them no more. Then you get a medication change. Lorie isn't into the whole conspiracy issue but she does believe that most depression is simply expected due to the times we live in and she fully believes that schizophenia is some type of a sense overload .We normally have three cats in the house and one of my cats is an eight year old golden tabby named sunnie. Sunnie jumps at her own shadow and freaks out at things that aren't there. I've seen her meow at the wall for an hour.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Screw it.

Would of have been nice to discuss it..

Obviously we can't..

SO, WHAT THE # EVER

and Probably get written up about it..

WHO THE # CARES.

Obviously, this response, is what you were looking for.

Correct?

After being deleted twice?

Well, WTG.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Seems like it is being discussed apparently not the way you wanted it to be but that's the way it goes.
But guess what? Dogs do have ADHD. It's in their nature.
Squirrel!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Pharmaceutical Corporations will look for ANY way to sell more drugs to increase profits. That's why they've come up with several drugs for your pets.

They actually have anti-depressants for your dog as well. Want to know how bad it gets? Liquid anti-depressant drops for your pet fish are just around the corner.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Phage has all the answers. Just ask him.

He's GOD on ATS.

Done, don't expect me respond anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
We used to joke about our dog when it was a puppy, saying it has ADHD because it was hyperactive and easily distracted.

I guess all dogs have ADHD when they're young, but it seems to go away with age.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

what is doggie ADHD?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Perhaps the said dogs with ADHD simply aren't getting their fair share of exercise, play-time, walks, and exploring new places.

I empathize with my dogs to understand them. Just because some humans are content sitting on the sofa for hours watching television, playing video games, or surfing the Net does not mean a dog wants to also. Dogs only go and experience what their owner allows them to go and experience. Imagine if you were trapped in a house or back-yard nearly all of your day... never going anywhere new... never meeting new dogs... I would probably develop ADHD too!

Dog ownership is more than throwing a collar on a dog and keeping them locked up. They need new places, new experiences, and physical activity just as we do.

new topics

top topics

join