It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOMBSHELL: US Caught Meddling in Russian Elections!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I thought the US meddled in every election except countries which do not allow it - so that would be Britain, OZ, Canada , NZ and Scandinavia.

Anywhere else is probably fair game

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I thought the US meddled in every election except countries which do not allow it - so that would be Britain, OZ, Canada , NZ and Scandinavia.

Anywhere else is probably fair game

Id be very surprised if the american govt didnt have thier fingers somewhere in the Australian polital pie,just look at the recent agreement to have Marines stationed here permanently

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Oh yeah,

I loved it when an Ozzie poster said Julia bent over for Obama.

Trust Ozzies to cut out the pc crap.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Same people who own their government own our government

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

pc crap is the bane of everyones existence im all for cutting out the bullsh*t and telling it like it is

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The US engages in this nonsense, while allowing foreign interests to lobby our government to screw the populace over or engage in wars for interests other than the national security of the United States. Funny eh?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
this isn't a natinal crime
this is globalist animated corpse governments

like the movie VIRUS
www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

So dead US citizens,and American Homeless are voting in Russia too?

edit on 5-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Putin will make every attempt to cry foul play. Medveded is the peoples choice. The russian people know Putin wants war.
edit on 5-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

Medveded is the peoples choice. The russian people know Putin wants war

Yeah right Medveded is the elites choice.

The russian people know Putin wants war

Your qutie wrong on that one, we know and everyone in the west america wants to take over russia and install a puppet leader.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What an odd name to choose, particularly for a western funded election oversight organization in Russia. To those of you who study your history, Golos should sound familiar...

Source
Jacob Golos, (born Yakov Naumovich Reizen, Russian: Яков Наумович Рейзен; 1889 - 1943), was a Ukrainian-born Bolshevik revolutionary of ethnic Jewish heritage who became a secret police operative on behalf of the USSR in the United States. A founding member of the Communist Party of the United States of America (CPUSA), around 1930 Golos became involved in the covert work of Soviet intelligence agencies, including the procurement of American passports by means of fraudulent documentation and the recruitment and coordination of the activities of a broad network of agents.

I found a couple articles related to Golos, apparently they were fined and are under investigation...

Source
Russia's only independent election monitoring group, Golos, which is funded by U.S. and European grants, has come under heavy official pressure in the past week. Golos' website was incapacitated by hackers on Sunday, and its director Lilya Shibanova and her deputy had their cellphone numbers, email and social media accounts hacked.

Source
Lilya Shibanova, the leader of Golos, was detained in Moscow after she refused to hand over her laptop to officials. On Friday, Golos was fined the equivalent of $1,000 for violating a law that bans the publication of opinion poll results within five days of the election, CTV reported. The United States has said it was concerned about the "pattern of harassment" against the watchdog, Reuters reported.

There is apparently speculation in the Russian Media that Golos is affiliated with the CIA...

Source
Russian prosecutors have launched an investigation into the country's main independent election watchdog on suspicion of election law violations - just three days before a parliamentary election.
..."We know that ... representatives of some countries meet with those whom they pay money, the so-called grant recipients, give them instructions and guidance for what 'work' they need to do to influence the election campaign in our country," Putin said. "That's a wasted effort, like throwing money to the winds."
Golos' executive director, Lilya Shibanova, said the organisation is "financed exclusively by European and American international funds".
Golos and its finances came under fire last week when a television crew from the state-controlled NTV channel entered its offices and kept asking staff members if they worked for the CIA.
Prosecutors' documents sent to Golos claim that prosecutors also found "indications" that Golos is "abusing the freedom of the press by falsifying publicly important data, and spreading rumours under the disguise of reliable facts in an attempt to blacken the party and some of its members".

I find our intense interest in foreign elections ironic, considering our own problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am going to be voting this year.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

medvedvev is a choice of people and elite both.Guy helps them invest but does not fully bow to the corporatists.

Medvedvev is good leader,but his foreign policy is weak,which is why the party asked for Putin to return.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com... a-elections-clinton/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I dunno if this is meddling or not, but it is enough to raise eyebrows. By the way, why would the US be responsible for anti-Putin websites? You don't think there are enough Russians who dislike him, you think the US would have to encourage parties other than Putins? If anything, the US should help out those parties to level the playing field, Putin can't jail EVERYONE but he can intimidate the many with the improsonment or beating of the few.

Having lived in eastern europe for a while now, the view of governments such as Russia's, Belarus, and the stunningly corrupt Ukrainians(Ukrain is like the wild west to do business in. Everyone needs a bribe). I am amazed that Putin's party can get so much of the vote. He has done very little for the average Russian, and is nothing more than a thug. Western media is not biased when they report bad things about him, they are simply stating the truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
(N.B. this is a copy/paste of a post I made on this same topic where the thread has been close.)

Interesting!

Although the article seems to be more of a collection of "precedents" than actual proof of U.S. involvement in these most recent Russian elections.

Another point I will add, is that, the examples cited deal with one of crucial topics (in my humble opinion) here on ATS, and that is a SUPRA-NATIONAL group trying to wield its influence over the globe. Again, the examples cited involve Americans, but I hesitate to say that it is through direct government influence, although, with the politicians we have today, the lines are harder and harder to see.

This is not the first time Russia has faced this insidious creep from abroad. After the fall of the Soviet Union, there proceeded a lawless free-for-all where foreigners began rushing in in an attempt to create their own order out of the chaos. Leading this charge was billionaire oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky who fashioned an "Open Russian Foundation" and even had western corporate-financier elitists Jacob Rothschild and Henry Kissinger chair its board of directors. In a now all too familiar scenario, Khodorkovsky and his networks of foreign-funded NGOs attempted to consolidate and transfer Russia's wealth, power, and the destiny of its people into the hands of Wall Street and London's global "corporatatorship."

Jacob Rothschild, Henry Kissinger and Khodorkovsky... how can they possibly be up to no good? Right? [/extreme sarcasm]

What is often understated in our western media is that a billionaire who emerged from the ex-Soviet Union MUST have been involved in organized crime... it was the only way to amass such wealth in a communist system, well, that and actually being close to the Head of Government!

the Billmeister

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I have to disagree with you there your lucky to be born in a country that is based on so much freedoom

How can you consider toppling democratically elected officials as being based on freedom.

How can you consider the propaganda that spews from your tv.. frespeech.

America looks from Europe to be the most heavily controlled western country in the world...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Out of curiosity why is Russian Media not covering this? Nothing on RT or any other official / semi official Russian media outlet.

One would think Putin would be screaming at the top of his lungs if it were true.

What I think this is about is Putin not getting the support he expects (as soon by him being booed by the crowd at a sporting event 0 wrestling I think).

Putin suspended he election authority that ensures people are allowed to vote (election monitors and observers).

During the parliamentary elections Putin's political party barely held onto their majority, and as a result Putin will be forced to form a coalition government should he win the Presidential election in 2012.

His tactics blew up in his face, the people in Russia saw through it, and now damage control is in effect, which is to blame the US for it.

While I know people on this site like to jump on the hate the US bandwagon, please do some more research. This entire incident was a long time coming, and all people had to do was follow Russian politics over the last decade and they would see a systematic disassembly of Russian Democracy, slowly rolling it back to the USSR incognito once Putin was at the helm.

Clue #1 - Putin scrapped the Russian National Anthem and replaced it with the old Soviet National Anthem with some words changed.

RT Russia Votes
Russian websites hacked to 'prevent' exposing election fraud (by Putin)
Russian Elections: electoral fraud accusations dismissed by Medvedev
Russian Election Fraud Watchdogs Hacked and Shut Down

Reuters - Russia's ruling party faces fraud allegations
Arrests as Russians rally against ‘election fraud’
edit on 6-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Its the latest rage - A government / group / foreign leader gets caught doing something illegal and they just blame the US for it. I'm not sure whats sadder, the fact they blame the US or the fact people will buy that lie hook line and sinker because of their personal animosity towards the US.

I make the above claim based on the fact that no one did any other research into the story. They just accepted what they were told without question.

Why?

Because it blames the US.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86
edition.cnn.com... a-elections-clinton/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

I dunno if this is meddling or not, but it is enough to raise eyebrows. By the way, why would the US be responsible for anti-Putin websites? You don't think there are enough Russians who dislike him ...

I remember a great story about journalism students who created and sold some great calendars that were very anti-Putin. (Story here) So I agree there is little need for the U.S Govt sponsored anti-Putin campaigns.

Probably the US govt is trying to sway things, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Out of curiosity why is Russian Media not covering this? Nothing on RT or any other official / semi official Russian media outlet.

One would think Putin would be screaming at the top of his lungs if it were true.

What I think this is about is Putin not getting the support he expects (as soon by him being booed by the crowd at a sporting event 0 wrestling I think).

Putin suspended he election authority that ensures people are allowed to vote (election monitors and observers).

During the parliamentary elections Putin's political party barely held onto their majority, and as a result Putin will be forced to form a coalition government should he win the Presidential election in 2012.

His tactics blew up in his face, the people in Russia saw through it, and now damage control is in effect, which is to blame the US for it.

While I know people on this site like to jump on the hate the US bandwagon, please do some more research. This entire incident was a long time coming, and all people had to do was follow Russian politics over the last decade and they would see a systematic disassembly of Russian Democracy, slowly rolling it back to the USSR incognito once Putin was at the helm.

Clue #1 - Putin scrapped the Russian National Anthem and replaced it with the old Soviet National Anthem with some words changed.

RT Russia Votes
Russian websites hacked to 'prevent' exposing election fraud (by Putin)
Russian Elections: electoral fraud accusations dismissed by Medvedev
Russian Election Fraud Watchdogs Hacked and Shut Down

Reuters - Russia's ruling party faces fraud allegations
Arrests as Russians rally against ‘election fraud’

Its the latest rage - A government / group / foreign leader gets caught doing something illegal and they just blame the US for it. I'm not sure whats sadder, the fact they blame the US or the fact people will buy that lie hook line and sinker because of their personal animosity towards the US.

I make the above claim based on the fact that no one did any other research into the story. They just accepted what they were told without question.

Why?

Because it blames the US.

Nice cliams but you dont have any proof like John McCain your always blaming Putin.

illegal and they just blame the US for it. I'm not sure whats sadder, the fact they blame the US or the fact people will buy that lie hook line and sinker because of their personal animosity towards the US.

Its because they dont want America Controlling Russia with a puppet leader like we have seen in Georgia.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Nice cliams but you dont have any proof like John McCain your always blaming Putin.

Then maybe you shouldlearn to read and think for youreself.

Putin favors Soviet national anthem - 2000
Putin revives old Soviet national Anthem

Took me 15 seconds to find both... Is there any reason you like to bitch about posts yet never support your whining with anything to back it up? In the case of the national Anthem, it WAS Putins fault.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Its because they dont want America Controlling Russia with a puppet leader like we have seen in Georgia.

Yeah but Goeriga eventually threw off their Soviet / Russian puppet government and decided to establishes relations with the West. Which iswhen Russia got pissed, interfered in georgian internal affairs, invaded them in an effort to allow 2 provices to cede, and thus here we are.

For a person who is supposedly intelligent you sure are lazy when it comes to facts.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I said this before also USA has been meddling in russian elections since 1996-2000.It no big deal.And there is no point screaming this as the western corporate media will ridicule it as conspiracy theory and russian propaganda.

invaded them in an effort to allow 2 provices to cede, and thus here we are.

considering that georgians attempted genocide on south Ossetia and killed Russian peacekeepers,Russia did what was right.

This entire incident was a long time coming, and all people had to do was follow Russian politics over the last decade and they would see a systematic disassembly of Russian Democracy, slowly rolling it back to the USSR incognito once Putin was at the helm.

really? Why Putin privatizing healthcare.

According to the Moscow Times , the Russian Duma is currently considering a health care reform bill that “adopts a laissez-faire approach instead of a micromanagement one.” Legislation is also being debated that would force certain hospitals to either start turning a profit or be shut down. “While Washington plans to pump unprecedented sums into what critics call a government takeover of health care, Moscow is moving in the opposite direction by backing legislation that could force hospitals and other public institutions to go commercial or close,” the Times report notes.
www.rasmussenreports.com...

While Russia adopts capitalist and profit driven system for health care a lassez faire approach,.USA builds a communist nation by adopting communist healthcare.Sorry ,Putin is trying to build capitalism not communism,while Obama the communist builds communism in USSA.

Russia has flat tax of 13% thus tax equality for everyone.No moochers,no commie freeloaders like USSA which is loaded with freeloaders and where govt steals from hardworking rich and gives to the ' poor'
lazy moochers,freeloaders and welfare queens.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...
www.humanevents.com...

edit on 6-12-2011 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join