It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Pakistan troop deaths 'regrettable'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, Dec 4 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama on Sunday called Pakistan's president to offer condolences over a NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani troops and provoked a crisis in relations between the two countries.

Obama told President Asif Ali Zardari that the soldiers’ deaths were “regrettable” and accidental, according to a White House statement. The comments stopped short of a formal apology but were aimed at soothing Pakistani fury over the Nov. 26 incident.

An apology goes a long way, my mother always told me; however, an apology accepts blame.

Shocking picture, eh? Not something you see everyday in today's news.. wonder why? Oh yeah, US has made it illegal to take pictures of the caskets of returning soldiers.

www.calgaryherald.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That is an awful lot of friendly fire represented in that picture when one stops to really think about it. I wonder if the world will ever get a clear understanding of what happened and who did or did not do what on both sides. For the sake of preventing another tragedy like this, I sure hope so.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
When Obama came into office, he promptly increased the drone strikes in Pakistan in an effort to kill more Taliban that were hiding out in the tribal regions of Pakistan. However, it was already known during the Bush administration that the drone strikes had killed civilians, yet Obama decided to continue this policy, knowing that in doing so he would put more Pakistani civilians at risk. By doing this, he is violating Geneva Convention Article 3 Section 1A which states that “violence to life and person” are prohibited in reference to civilians and “Persons taking no active part in the hostilities." In doing this Obama has committed war crimes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Shocking picture, eh? Not something you see everyday in today's news.. wonder why? Oh yeah, US has made it illegal to take pictures of the caskets of returning soldiers.

The U.S. has more laws than anyone can live long enough to learn the number of, what they all are word for word, or even what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously for any given situation.

As much as I would love to be a law abiding citizen I'm not even sure of the number of laws that exist in America. But, don't fault me for my ignorance, please. It's not like they are required learning in schools.

Suggestion? Let's enable, empower, vote for, elect, and pay more law makers to make more laws! It can't hurt, right?

new topics

top topics

join