It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With Pancakes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
ok
good for u congrats
maybe u should write a book???

No thanks, maybe I'll wait for yours.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I make mine from scratch.. You can adjust most recipes for this method:

When it calls for eggs, separate them, whip the whites til firm and fold in last. That will result in a nice, fluffy pancake.

Combine the milk, egg yolk, melted butter or margarine and vanilla in one bowl..
Mix flour, baking powder, sugar (dry ingredients) in another bowl..

Then whip egg whites until firm.
Mix the egg yolk mixture with the dry ingredients - don't overmix... Then fold in egg whites.

You can use this method with boxed mix that calls for egg.. Always separate the eggs and whisk the whites til firm and fold in last.

The ones I make most often are Lemon & Wild Blueberry.. Grate lemon zest into the milk mixture and add lemon juice. Make your batter (remember to whip your whites til firm). Pour batter onto griddle. Then drop Wyman's Frozen Wild Blueberries into each pancake.

Here's a picture of them...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RRokkyy

Pancakes are Poisoned

Restaurant pancakes and most premixes
contain ALUMINUM which is a TOXIC METAL.
It makes them taste better but is BAD for you.

Do you mean sodium aluminum phosphate?

The ingredients listed under leavening are equally harmless. Sodium aluminum phosphate is a chemical additive that helps baking powder do its job (it’s also added to baking powder). And monocalcium phosphate is an acidic chemical additive that helps baking powder react (also found in baking powder).

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

I make pancakes both from scratch and from a premix and I prefer using the buttermilk premix (then add vanilla and whatever else I desire; fruit, chocolate chips...etc) because it rises nicely IMO. To get a good rise with pancakes made from scratch I always add a little cream of tartar or use buttermilk for the same effect. But premix is convenient and easier, if I am not in the mood to make it from scratch.

Here's a similar recipe to how I make my airy and fluffy pancakes, but I always add 'real' vanilla extract (not in alcohol) and sometimes melted butter to the batter.

www.bigoven.com...
edit on 19CDT09America/Chicago05790930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 19CDT09America/Chicago05890930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join