It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GODLIKE: Mammoth to be ‘resurrected’ soon. Neanderthals could follow.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think its awesome, i'm not a smart guy or anything, Im a average guy with an average job, but these sort of topics are so fascinating. I hope i'm alive to see the day when mammoths roam the earth again, who noes maybe even some dinosaurs (Hopefully only the herbivores only)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by TechUnique
I was waiting for this day to come. I'm not so surprised about the mammoths but the Neanderthal cloning concerns and frightens me. What's next.. Humans?

You are aware that a Neanderthal IS a human, right?
The Neanderthal is an extinct member of the Homo genus known from Pleistocene specimens found in Europe and parts of western and central Asia. Neanderthals are classified either as a subspecies of Homo sapiens or as a separate human species.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I was waiting for this day to come. I'm not so surprised about the mammoths but the Neanderthal cloning concerns and frightens me. What's next.. Humans? It seems like a step off of human cloning..

I feel like they are possibly preparing the human mindset to morally accept the idea of human clones?

How do we know there aren't already clones?
For example.. presidents...

If this is out in the public then it is reasonable to suggest that certain powers that be have had access to this power at least a few years in advance.

A bit 'Tin foil' but this is a very strange and controversial subject..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)
I think its very unlikely, because the U.S. made it illegal to clone other humans............... then again maybe that law doesn't apply to Russia or Japan

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I was thinking the same thing about bacteria and viruses. It seems rather pointless to bring something to life, only to die again. Even if it were somehow immune to the bacteria and viruses today, what if it became a "carrier" or the cause of viral mutations that could effect humans...seems like something not to play with.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Life is being modified all around us - genetically modified anyone? Research into genetically modifying humans and livestock? Man falls for the same lie every time "you too can be God".

When man wants to believe a lie, when he has no love of truth, when he has pleasure in unrighteousness, not only will God allow that but he will also send error into such a heart that it might believe the lie and be damned. No stronger warning could compel us to love and seek truth above all else.

To reinstate an extinct species such as a mammoth serves NO purpose. NONE except curiosity and unrighteousness..

To clone a Neanderthal would be cruel, inhuman and diabolical.

Oh yeh, people don't believe Satan exists..Nor God. My words fall on deaf ears. Instead people feel that it would be "cool".

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrazydude11
I think its awesome, i'm not a smart guy or anything, Im a average guy with an average job, but these sort of topics are so fascinating. I hope i'm alive to see the day when mammoths roam the earth again, who noes maybe even some dinosaurs (Hopefully only the herbivores only)

The habitat for large animals such as Elephant and Rhino are already depleted...why kill them off to add an extinct species.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What if a Neanderthal is successfully cloned and we find out they are strong but not all that bright. What if its determined that it would make life easier for us if we cloned Neanderthals to replace our workforce? Armed forces?

These questions must be answered and dealt with before going down this road. This type of ethical question is not a slippery slope situation at all.

Its a sheer cliff on all sides and nothing we have will allow us to get out of that hole once we jump.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyStrike
Curious what role neanderthals would have in this day and age. I could see the company that provides janitoral service at my work hiring them.
edit on 5-12-2011 by LuckyStrike because: (no reason given)

It could sorta be like planet of the Apes. I don't know about cloning/resurrecting hominans though. We should draw some lines in the genetic sand that we shouldn't cross.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And mega Fauna and flora were around before and made extinct.......remember that huge rock that crashed into the earth? ....But trying to bring back things that have long been extinct because of simple darwanism of the time is a bit overboard I think..........

There are many examples of prehistorical man moving to an area with megafauna and very rapidly the megafauna vanishes, with plenty of evidence that man hunted them. Stating that the extinction of a species due to mankind is somehow akin to natural selection is dubious at best. So if mankind manages to poison the only lake where a species of fish lives, somehow that is Darwinism or evolution at work?

We are supposedly sentient beings, we can correct the past mistakes of our species. If we choose to we can and have done so in the past, reintroducing species to an area where we wiped them out previously.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The habitat for large animals such as Elephant and Rhino are already depleted...why kill them off to add an extinct species.
Your wrong there because The Wolly Mammoth Would not have the same habitat as an elephant or rhino. Why you might ask? bcuz they they weren't meant to survive in africa or a country were it is hot, the most suited environment for them in this time period is maybe in the tundra (like for example: Antartica, Greenland, maybe Alaska if palin doesn't decide to hunt them). Soooooooo we wouldn't really be killing any Other species bro.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

What if a Neanderthal is successfully cloned and we find out they are strong but not all that bright. What if its determined that it would make life easier for us if we cloned Neanderthals to replace our workforce? Armed forces?

These questions must be answered and dealt with before going down this road. This type of ethical question is not a slippery slope situation at all.

Its a sheer cliff on all sides and nothing we have will allow us to get out of that hole once we jump.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)
I 100% agree

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I could swear I remember watching something on the news 15-20 years ago that they were able to clone a Wooly Mammoth but not Dinosaurs yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I figure they could use an elephant's womb for the wooly mammoth but where are they going to get somone to gestate a neaderthal ? Even if someone did volunteer, the ethics are highly questionable.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

This is just what we need. A motherless mammoth roaming around the house. Do we make a pet of it? Or let it roam wherever and grow up as he wants. We will have to then make a girl mammoth so he will have company and more little mammoths.
Yup!! Just what we need.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Your wrong there because The Wolly Mammoth Would not have the same habitat as an elephant or rhino. Why you might ask? bcuz they they weren't meant to survive in africa or a country were it is hot, the most suited environment for them in this time period is maybe in the tundra (like for example: Antartica, Greenland, maybe Alaska if palin doesn't decide to hunt them). Soooooooo we wouldn't really be killing any Other species bro.

Remember the one they found with the buttercup in its mouth? At that time they said the environment there was warm and tropical. Do we really know thye were made for cold inhospitable places or did some just hang on after it changed?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Remember the one they found with the buttercup in its mouth? At that time they said the environment there was warm and tropical. Do we really know thye were made for cold inhospitable places or did some just hang on after it changed?

Elephantids split into 3 main groups (making them like first cousins) ~3-5 mya

Mammuthus (mammoths - now extinct)

Loxodonta (L. africana = modern African elephant)

Elephas (E. maximus = modern Asian elephant)

CLIMATE & HABITAT
Ice Age

From 1.65 million years ago to ~10,000 years ago
This area - last glacier melted about 125,000 years ago
Climate - cold, windy at times (dust storms)
Habitat - tundra-like steppe environment, grassland

Woolly mammoth traveled into North America via the land bridge (Central Beringia) all the time

and they can def survive in the freezing cold because they are equiped with:
• Hairy coat - 3 layers
• Outer guard hairs - coarse, 3’ long in places
• Underfur - thinner, shorter, 10-12" long
• Thick layer of wool next to skin - 1-3" long
• ~4" of fat beneath its skin to insulate it
• Small ears and short tail (less heat loss)

Your still not convinced look up the info, you find the same exact thing, actually ill leave you a link

www.principia.edu...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
These species died off for a reason. They ought to stay that way. They wouldn't be able to survive outside a lab or zoo.
I'd agree with some of that, but then not agree in the case of the Mammoth's which were hunted into extinction, or the Dodo bird likewise. Creating dinosaurs again, may prove dangerous, if not impossible..? Frankly, I think man unlikely to be successful at this time. But if man survives, it's gonn'a happen, some rogue agency or group will do it. I think it will be an exciting time in history at that.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrazydude11

Regardless i feel it is a bad idea. The Elephants we have are nearly gone and there are many wild things that already inhabit these areas. the only reason they would do it would be to sell tickets to large game Hunters which i find disgusting. other wise are they bringing back the predators, saber tooth and all.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Ahabstar

I was thinking the same thing about bacteria and viruses. It seems rather pointless to bring something to life, only to die again. Even if it were somehow immune to the bacteria and viruses today, what if it became a "carrier" or the cause of viral mutations that could effect humans...seems like something not to play with.

I would think the surrogate would provide a protective antibody as growth occurs within the womb. Or this may also be the reason it could never come to fruition, because the host was not able to provide the antibody base, still.... I'm leaning on the protective antibody scenario.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by thecrazydude11

Regardless i feel it is a bad idea. The Elephants we have are nearly gone and there are many wild things that already inhabit these areas. the only reason they would do it would be to sell tickets to large game Hunters which i find disgusting. other wise are they bringing back the predators, saber tooth and all.

Look bro for the last time elephants are not going to be effected if they clone a mammoth because elephants live in africa and asia, have you seen an elephant in the tundra before??? seriously. if you can't see that elephants won't be harmed if a mammoth is cloned, (no offense but.....) you seriously need a CAT scan bro

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join