It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GODLIKE: Mammoth to be ‘resurrected’ soon. Neanderthals could follow.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just saw this over at Dateline Zero, and chose not to share it at the breaking news forum. Thought it would be more appropriate here. This is more about ethics than conspiracy, I think.

The post brings up a story that first appeared in a Japanese newspaper (subscription required to view) that was reported second-hand by other papers, including the Daily Mail, that the Wooly Mammoth is set to be cloned within 5 years.

Another project that is in the works is apparently the creation of living Neanderthal clones. This is something that might take a bit longer; but it's actually being worked on, even as people are asking "should it be done?" (I love it when people ask "should I do this?" while in the process of doing something.)

The article (blog post) points to other stories of previously extinct species that had been found and suggests that there is a program to use cloning to bring back many long-lost species. Like this one, for example, from ABC Australia: ‘Extinct’ Animals Come Back From The Dead

Seems reckless to me. But, unfortunately, I believe it. We humans tend to be overly ...um, clingy. We don't like to let things go.

While this kind of work sounds fascinating, I really worry that this playing god is going to create a whole Noah's-Ark-load of unforeseen problems.

But I'd love to read the thoughts of others; esp. if you think this is a great idea.
edit on 4-12-2011 by mother1138 because: Forgot to add links

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Seems reckless to me.

On the contrary, it may be the last hope for many currently extinction-bound species.

The people who habitually greet new technological advances with fear should keep in mind that science has been around for five hundred years and hasn’t killed humanity off yet. On the contrary, it has promoted vast increases in human numbers.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Behold, a species that dares to imitate the creator, and lord of all dominions. A creature so fragile and weak, looks out to the cosmos and once again within its heart. Finding strength from adversity, and inspiration from failure, this being strives to do what all others shy from. He will measure the strength of his mind and perseverance of soul. He will face the obstacles that will surely drag him into the pits of damnation. With a cunning mind, and expert skill, he will touch the very essence of divine.

Behold, a species that dares to imitate the true God. Fear not his attempts and scorn not his adventurous behavior. Applaud his audacity, and love his heart. For this creature not only dares to imitate the creator, what is more...he actually does it. Now we must question, looking at this marvelous thing, where does God lie? In the sky above, or within the soul?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was waiting for this day to come. I'm not so surprised about the mammoths but the Neanderthal cloning concerns and frightens me. What's next.. Humans? It seems like a step off of human cloning..

I feel like they are possibly preparing the human mindset to morally accept the idea of human clones?

How do we know there aren't already clones?
For example.. presidents...

If this is out in the public then it is reasonable to suggest that certain powers that be have had access to this power at least a few years in advance.

A bit 'Tin foil' but this is a very strange and controversial subject..
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
These species died off for a reason. They ought to stay that way. They wouldn't be able to survive outside a lab or zoo.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That was a beautiful post, my friend. I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. Did you write that, or quote it?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It's amazing how far we've come

Now we are on the verge of bringing back animals that have gone extinct.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Currently there are three species of human on this planet. Homo Sapiens, Homo Superior, and Homo Australiaus (aborigines). The more the merrier. The sapiens and australiaus are on their way out. We superiors have displaced about half the population thus far. I say bring back the denosovians and hobbits too. We can beat them once again.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
To bad for the Cubs that they picked a mammoth instead of a mastodon, I posted this statement earlier this year...

There should be more animal prophecies, like next time the world sees a mastodon the Cubs will win the world series.

So close...Steve Bartman would be proud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
(in his best pet cemetery voice) "Sometimes...........dead is betta"

People have no idea what they could unleash doing things like this........

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I hope they bring back the unicorns. I miss them.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Wonderfully said. You basically summed up what I was thinking, yet I couldn't put it down as cohesively as you did.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This could possibly creates more complex problems than we could really think of right now. One just have to think about the concept used in the Jurrasic Park trilogy - a concept very near from what is presented in your article - and what originated from cloning an old specy known as the Dinosaurs...

but this is only a movie, ofc. But still.

Otherwise, I think it could also be beneficial from the point of view that we could ''resurrect'' species that have mistakenly gone extinct by the hands of human (the harmful presence of our destructive nature).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
Currently there are three species of human on this planet. Homo Sapiens, Homo Superior, and Homo Australiaus (aborigines). The more the merrier. The sapiens and australiaus are on their way out. We superiors have displaced about half the population thus far. I say bring back the denosovians and hobbits too. We can beat them once again.

What in the world are you talking about? There's only ONE species on this planet, and that's Homo sapiens. Whatever pseudoscience you're spewing out is incorrect.
edit on 12/4/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How can we be resurrecting mammoths when we can't even resurrect a surplus??

How can we have mammoths AND poor people? it doesn't make sense.

and if were so smart, how can't we figure out world peace? yet we're able to clone frozen ice age creatures,

world peace must be like surpressed or something, CONSPIRASEE?
edit on 4-12-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I was waiting for this day to come. I'm not so surprised about the mammoths but the Neanderthal cloning concerns and frightens me. What's next.. Humans?

You are aware that a Neanderthal IS a human, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Wrote it.

I saw the beginning of the title "GODLIKE" and thought about it, and decided to write about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie

If I may make an observation, if 'Homo Superior' has displaced half the population, that means about 3 and a half billion or so...right? They can't be that superior if they're starting their whole 'rise' out by totally ignoring rational population numbers and balance with everything around us... I think I'll sit over here and be skeptical of that whole theory.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would like to see the Thylacines resurrected.

Man brought about their demise, it would be nice if man could bring them back.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would hold off on playing god-like resurrections without first fully knowing/understanding the impact/long-term study of species living upon environment long gone...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join