It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What would you do if WW3 began tomorrow?
Would you go about your everyday life?
or would you pick up and go dig in somewhere remote?
Would you call uncle sam and offer your services?
What would you do, I'm curious to read the opinion of fellow ATS members.

As for me I'm packing up and headed out.

edit on 4-12-2011 by elevatedone because: removed caps.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Me? I would be the happiest person on the planet. I'm not playing. I want this to happen. Seems suicidal doesn't it?

Yeah, I know. But maybe that's the point. I hate this society that post-apocalyptic is a sweet dream. I dunno, to just feel really alive for one second with something more than the same old drudgery day after day after day, ya know?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Let them battle it out

What was the saying"you cant attack the american homeland, because behind every blade of grass will be a rifle"

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I highly agree, I'm prepared water, guns, food, seeds, generators, everything packed ready to go. Mainly I'm young and there would be a draft because shinas army is the size of U.S population. and China i think has a big role in the beginning of WW3

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

[snip]

I would say, to answer your question, nothing.
edit on 4-12-2011 by elevatedone because: removed unecessary comment.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We have long time provisions and
would stick it out at home. I do wonder
where people will go that say they are
leaving. Where would you leave to that
would be safer than where you are?
Why do you not feel you should stay
where you are? Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Depends on where.
Try to hole up if necessary
try to go on with the 'normal' life if possible.
but ready for the worst. maybe. got plenty of supplies, but not so far gone as to have a bomb shelter or anything.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This program is grate, it should help you
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We moved out to the sticks a year ago and are hunkered down with supplies and protection, in anticipation of the fecal matter striking the rotating blades. Our kids are grown and my husband works from home, so we were able to leave the DFW area and go somewhere isolated, where the nearest large city (population 200,000) is 100 miles away.

To have three World Wars within 100 years is just too much for my mind to comprehend. We never learn, do we?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Me. i'd go hide out in the bush. Take some eqipment along.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ww4 will be fought with sticks and stones
i found a self sharpening stone skin scraper
theres my sign

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

It already started.......catch up.
Doing what I dew.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Let them battle it out

What was the saying"you cant attack the american homeland, because behind every blade of grass will be a rifle"

Guns don't stop Nukes.
2nd line..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I guess I would wait to see if nuclear weapons were in use. I would probably call in sick the fist day or so, until we got a grasp of what was going on... and by then we would know just how far and in what direction we were headed.

While I was at home and "sick"... we would recheck all of our supplies and in-stocks on essential items. Make a dream "wish" list and then go buy it if possible. Call all of the family and let them know to come to the farm ASAP and that they were welcome. Clean all of our guns. Back stock as much water as possible.

Then if there was still no nucler fall out, we would buy all of the secondary or "B" list items that were left... maybe a cheap generator, stock pile gas, maybe spare parts on essential items... water line connectors, clamps, extra can openers, matches beyond the thousands we have, back stock barter items.

Then pile up fire wood out the ying yang. Check the news and see where things were headed... and by day two... see if going back to work was a prudent move.

If so, go to work and check the news hourly via the in-store computer. Find out the company policy on nuclear war and shutting down store operations and attendance...seriously. Then buy as much extra corn and 12% dry feed as I could fit on my truck... then go home.

By day 2-4... we should get a good feel for nuclear or not.... troop deployment... and who the allies and adversaries are.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
id channel the mother ship to come get me

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It would depend on where in the world it was, and I guess in part what the government would do in such a situation. If it wasn't close to home then life would pretty much go on as usual until such a time as people would have to start to work or fight for the war effort. If the government decides to introduce drafting again, then I guess we wouldn't have much choice.
If an invading force landed on our shores, I would probably take up arms to defend my country and repel the invaders, whether it be official or otherwise, and I think anyone who supports their country would do the same.
As far as worst case scenario goes, a lot of people in Australia live within disaster prone areas (bushfires, floods, cyclones, etc), and are usually prepared for such events, most of these correlate strongly with a self-sufficiency or off-the-grid form of lifestyle anyway.
I know I do

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I was going to say I am offended by your comments, but truthfully, I understand. However, I prefer to try to be optimistic for the sake of those around me, especially my family. The part that could have been offensive is where my children would have been cheated out of a chance for a happy life in this scenario. So for me, I think the right way to approach it is the adage where I must hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I would be OK regardless, but I just want more for my kids.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I would be with my family but try to do everything I could for the war efforts (factory work?).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If it was on american soil I would reenlist. If not then I will be staying home and keeping a close eye on it...

Second line

Therian

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Me? I would be the happiest person on the planet. I'm not playing. I want this to happen. Seems suicidal doesn't it?

Yeah, I know. But maybe that's the point. I hate this society that post-apocalyptic is a sweet dream. I dunno, to just feel really alive for one second with something more than the same old drudgery day after day after day, ya know?

instead of wishing for world war 3 move to another country. either you're like it more, or you'll realize what you have is far better.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join