It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN Threatens to attack beyond its borders-$250 oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So before you crucify me I know the source is not the most credible always, but well see. Iran, in retaliation for the drone spying incident(which im not sure really happened), has threatened to attack "beyond its borders" and to push the price of oil to $250.00 a barrel. Heres the article, decide for yourself

www.debka.com...
Text from the article:Their threat to retaliate outside Iran's borders for its alleged intrusion was not specific. It may well extend to embattled Syria to demonstrate that Iran keeps faith with its allies. Some Middle East military sources suggest that Iran might try to shoot down US drones over Turkey to warn Ankara to keep its hands off Syr
edit on 4-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
oil executives must be drooling. if iran did that there's no need to invade.

an opec oil embargo would be a different story though.

edit on 4-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

if that were to happen people wouldn't be able to afford to drive to work anymore. I mean really it's 100 a barrel right now and it's 4 dollars in some place. We could see prices near 10 a gallon if that were to happen. I'd quit my job n chill on the porch.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
250 dollars a barrell!!!!Riots and madnness will occur in the U.S if that were to happen...WW3 is beginning now.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What Iran needs to do is trade the oil in its own currency, now thats a sure fire way to piss off the west.

Originally posted by randomname

Sort of, they still wouldnt be controling majority of the profit

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think most of the oil Iran exports goes to European nations, not the US. Unless OPEC follows suit, nations would simply stop buying their oil and import it from somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The last time a country tried to trade oil in their own currency they were mercilessly attacked and their leader was dragged through the streets and killed. NOT a good idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think most of the oil Iran exports goes to European nations, not the US. Unless OPEC follows suit, nations would simply stop buying their oil and import it from somewhere else.

I believe 25% goes to the us if im not mistaken.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
The last time a country tried to trade oil in their own currency they were mercilessly attacked and their leader was dragged through the streets and killed. NOT a good idea.
Yeah but Libya didnt have russia and china behind them.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

your right but I do recall them denouncing it(like that did any good lol)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Iran/Debka is full of it.

The embargo is just so that western countries don't buy Iranian oil... it's not a blockade.

China and India buy most of Iran's oil... so go ahead, western countries, don't buy Iranian oil... Iran will sell more to China.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Iran's only rivals in the area is Israel, well besides the US Military presence there. Iran is already waging a proxy war through Syria and it's other neighboring countries.

This is a blatant propaganda piece meant to boost moral, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
nothing to see here just history repeating...

But FDR did not want to cut off oil. As he told his Cabinet on July 18, an embargo meant war, for that would force oil-starved Japan to seize the oil fields of the Dutch East Indies. But a State Department lawyer named Dean Acheson drew up the sanctions in such a way as to block any Japanese purchases of U.S. oil. By the time FDR found out, in September, he could not back down. Source

edit on 12/4/2011 by -W1LL because: source

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ahmadnijad is always running his mouth. If he did 1/10 the things he has "threatened", the earth would already be charcoal and mankind extinct.

WWIII will be here soon enough with or without Iran, but believe me - oil will be the least of our worries.

new topics

top topics

join