It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's worst CV (resume)? Funny...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Make your own mind up!

edit on 4-12-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

If only everyone was so honest!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very funny.
Wish it was longer - now I want more please!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sorry about my ignorance on this what is a CV?
It was funny

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vesco

CV is a curriculum vitae, also called a resume. The thing you send to potential employers when applying for a job.

edit on 4/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you been in the electrical union for twenty years haven't had to have a resume in a while lol

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by vesco

Maybe if you have time you could explain the union thing in the US to me. I am a Brit (living in Holland) and in both these countries a union is for employer protection against bad working practices and that kind of thing. In other words, they do not supply work and all employers here, regardless of whether the job you are applying for is a managing director or a janitor, want to see a CV.

Do unions operate differently in America?

edit on 5/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo, clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by vesco

vesco, any relation to Robert of the same last name?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I started out non union which meant when the job was done i had to go and look for another job and explain my skills and beg for descent wage which was very difficult.

So I ended up joining the union so when the job ends you just sign an out of work book and employers call you and the union sends you out at a set wage.

just to state non union i was paid $12.00 an hour as a foreman with no benefits as union $32.00 an hour with full heath and pension no this was when i made the transfer wages get a new contract every 3 years which turns into about $1.00 every year which gets cut up between paycheck and pension so last pay is $47.00 hourly

In addition all your schooling is included so all advanced training you could want

sorry this is not the best breakdown never very good at book reports in school lol

In short the union is there to be a mediator between disputes of employer and employee

hiring non union you go buy what job seeker says as far as skills, higher union you get a tested skill certified employee that if he /she does not work out send them to hall and get replacement time saving for both parties involved

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

No relation just an acronym

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vesco

Wow, thanks for the explanation. It certainly sounds better to be in the union there. I wish they worked like that here. Here you just pay a monthly fee and if you're lucky, get a newsletter every once in a while. I am not a member anymore, needless to say.

top topics

join