It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

You still didn't answere the questions.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why do you think our troops are really gone? Why do you think they are really kept overseas in an ever expanding number of wars. They will not use our troops. They will use Mexican troops, Chinese troops, and various other foreign troops just for that reason. They know many of our troops would mutiny over this.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
The soldiers won't have to be ordered to do these things as our police departments are being turned into paramilitary groups with no qualms whatsoever about arresting people and brutalizing their communities.

There are not enough cops in the country to do that on any sort of large scale.

While they're ganged up at point B, gathering lost souls or whatever you want to call it, what do you think will be going on at point A?

Staging. Preparations. Sniper blinds being built. Holes being torn out in apartment walls for surreptitious movements. ANFO getting mixed up. Sandbags being filled. Tires getting piled up in roadways for blockages and to be set afire for smoke screens.

You know, "stuff" will be going on while the cops are all gathered and concentrated at point B pacifying the area.

Then, when they're done there and move on to point A to "pacify" it... SURPRISE!

Then, on top of that, they've got to worry about points C through Z, ad infinitum.

I can't imagine a more suicidal way for them to kick off Civil War II than by trying to do it all with just police power.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Remember Kent State?
"Four dead in O-Hi-O"

edit on 5-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism

No it is not funny that someone has to defend himself when he points out that he notices statistically that some crimes are fueled by color and creed. It is sad, but he is speaking the truth. And that is how it would work.. us white soldiers would be sent to the ghettos and vice versa.

You see, AMERICANS would probably not kill their own fellow Americans.......but African-americans, and Mexican/Latino Americans would kill white Americans since they are not their own people...........think about it. (Ever wonder why there are so many different race designators in order to racially divide the UNITED States of America?)

THIS is the comment that strikes the most overtly racist tones, mate. It has nothing to do with statistics and EVERYTHING to do with inherent racisms.

The AMERICANS in all caps refers exclusively to Caucasians, while indicating other racial distinctions by other names "African Americans" and "Mexican/Latino Americans" (You know, because Mexicans and Latinos are the same thing) indicating that the author CLEARLY feels that Caucasians are the TRUE American.. when in fact Caucasians are just as foreign as Africans.. and Latinos are probably the closest to "REAL" Americans the author even mentioned.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

. The story was yanked because it was completly slanderous, it was the responsible reporting. Tillman's family went through hell to have the truth come out. His brother was there. Tillman was not murdered by his own company. This was a fratricide incident please don't try to politicize his death for your own agenda. As you stated it is your opinion on what happened. Leave it as that.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We live in a world where people will do anything for a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by gravitor

Ah AH thats no problem, old chap.
Tell Me???, what will You do if a Chinaman knocks on Your door?
gravitor

First off, kind sir, I'm not British, and have not been disarmed. That by itself puts a potentially different complexion on things.

Second, when people knock on my door, I generally answer - depending on my mood, and what else I may see out the window that might give cause for NOT answering it. The mere fact that it's a Chinaman knocking on my door is insufficient cause to just turn the TV up louder to drown out the knocking.

Now, if you'd be so kind as to develop the scenario a bit more, I could give a more specific answer. Is the Chinese gent in a business suit, or a combat suit? Is his vehicle a United Way car, or is it whatever answers for a Humvee in China?

You see, the details surrounding the scenario are fairly influential of response thereto.

If he's promoting NBC's fall line-up. . . two words.

Center mass.

They should also be VERY aware of just where they park that Chinese humvee... and make sure it's got really thick floor armor. That's where they usually make it just a little too weak, y'know?

First couple of guys through the door are gonna make their mothers very sad... and I won't be within ear-covering distance when it happens.

After the first couple of guys, there won't be enough door left to worry about coming through it. I'm a big fan of the Vercingetorix Denial Strategy - if I can't keep what's mine peacefully, they won't have much left to "confiscate".

There's more ways to skin a cat than shooting it with a gun.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Come on now DaveWx3, we all know that they will get our attention and say all you have to do is just be there. Feet on the ground. Then, all you will be, is men directed to clean up the closest OWS Camp. Planting your devices, throwing away and destroying everyone's hard earned property. The police could have paid for the park clean up from the clean up, but then wouldn't you be more pissed if they had just seized those tents and grills and clothes, and personals. The generators and bun sine burners the coolers of food... and then gone and sold all of them back to you at a "reasonable price". Just about every single one of us would, "follow orders", still to this point. Or the soldiers could get together and say when it comes to a military boots of war, I left those overseas and at the base. I aint stepping one foot on American Soil as a safety guard for the power elite. You could say, no more, I will not be a puppet for the ruling elite here in America. Monsanto and Goldman and sacs can kiss my ass. Hint, hint, that is where your money goes, it goes to the corporations that make up the government. You have a very private and elite law firm that being Monsanto, then you have there puppeteers and the American Peoples puppeteers, The Ruling Elite., The Bankers of Goldman and sacs. Together almost all top "chaired" members are members of congress, former presidents, first ladies, secretaries of defense, vice presidents, presidents, energy dept. heads, Military Command. A tangible structure to the American Government in the structure of a law firm, and Bank. And then being perceived by the American People as a Governmental entity, a group of power. What gives these people their self entitled view to run countries and start real physical wars. A law degree from Yale or Harvard and an accounting and business degree from Berkley or something. You want to boycott something boycott the elections. Just tell them to go away stop putting up a false front.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
We live in a world where people will do anything for a paycheck.

No.

Dammit.
No we don't.

There is honor.

There is dignity.

There are still heros. The guys that wear the white hats. The ones that will selflessly sacrifice themselves for strangers.
The ones that'll take a bullet for you.

Heros walk all around you. Not all are military. But all are good. All have a honest heart. A good conscious.

I believe in heros.

I feel for those that don't.

What is there to aspire to? If there are no heros left, then what's the point?

My son is a hero. He's 8. He's blind in one eye. Every day kids pick on him because he can't hit a ball or kick a ball or do something correct. But every day he goes out to school with a heart filled with hope. With trust. I wish I could follow him to school every day and protect him from the remarks and language.
But he is strong. Every day he grows stronger. And that just empowers those around him.

Didn't mean this to be a rant about my beautiful child, But he sets an example that I live by.

We should all hope for such examples of real heros.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by overratedpatriotism

No it is not funny that someone has to defend himself when he points out that he notices statistically that some crimes are fueled by color and creed. It is sad, but he is speaking the truth. And that is how it would work.. us white soldiers would be sent to the ghettos and vice versa.

You see, AMERICANS would probably not kill their own fellow Americans.......but African-americans, and Mexican/Latino Americans would kill white Americans since they are not their own people...........think about it. (Ever wonder why there are so many different race designators in order to racially divide the UNITED States of America?)

THIS is the comment that strikes the most overtly racist tones, mate. It has nothing to do with statistics and EVERYTHING to do with inherent racisms.

The AMERICANS in all caps refers exclusively to Caucasians, while indicating other racial distinctions by other names "African Americans" and "Mexican/Latino Americans" (You know, because Mexicans and Latinos are the same thing) indicating that the author CLEARLY feels that Caucasians are the TRUE American.. when in fact Caucasians are just as foreign as Africans.. and Latinos are probably the closest to "REAL" Americans the author even mentioned.

I read "AMERICANS" to mean American-Americans, as opposed to African-Americans, Mexican-Americans, Irish-Americans, Arab-Americans, Native-Americans, and all the other hyphenated "Americans" who split their loyalties right their in their self-designations.

You know, the hyphenated "Half-assed-Americans".

I didn't see race as a factor unless those half-assed-Americans are the ones MAKING it a factor in their own self descriptions.

Guess what race I am? It's listed elsewhere at ATS, already.

Now once you get that right, guess which nationality I am.

The two are not synonymous or linked.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Ah AH thats no problem, old chap.
Tell Me???, what will You do if a Chinaman knocks on Your door?
gravitor

First off, kind sir, I'm not British, and have not been disarmed, nor am I especially charming, civilized, or nice. That by itself puts a potentially different complexion on things.

Second, when people knock on my door, I generally answer - depending on my mood, and what else I may see out the window that might give cause for NOT answering it. The mere fact that it's a Chinaman knocking on my door is insufficient cause to just turn the TV up louder to drown out the knocking.

Now, if you'd be so kind as to develop the scenario a bit more, I could give a more specific answer. Is the Chinese gent in a business suit, or a combat suit? Is his vehicle a United Way car, or is it whatever answers for a Humvee in China?

You see, the details surrounding the scenario are fairly influential of response thereto.

edit on 2011/12/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

The best senario would be if You could imagine Yourself as been an Afghanistani, and an American armed to the back teeth was knocking on Your door with the turret of His tank, as they do.

What would You do then??/

I suspect You may become what is called an INSURGENT.

You do sound like quite a gent actually sir.
gravitor

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As you know, in the service orders are orders, first, the chain of command,The Pres, has to issue the order, on intel which will come from FBI, CIA, DHS, White House Staff should not have any input, then by the time its gets to that point, where you are told to arrest someone it will be the MP's doing the duty, In NY it will be the army reserve, with the State Police, and then the local police, where i live we have a Sheriffs Dept. Any staff member voluntering info on private citizens will have to explain in a court of how they obtain that info and why that person, fight by remembering who said what and where, before being arrest, and tell your friends watch what they say about the A.Hole.s in Washington DC, Oh i forgot the paper work, what some people call a paper trail, with names of witnesses, and accussers must be kept on record,

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
[...]
Servicemen and women who get an order to do something against their own people on American soil on that level, will very quickly turn that same airpower and sea vessels against the would be oppressors

That you can bet on

People that have been labeled as "terrorists" probably aren't their people anymore...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Do our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan recognize the "natural rights" of those citizens to exercise freedom in their country, including to keep and bear arms? No, they are trained to go house to house, kick down doors, throw in stun grenades, shoot anyone who looks threatening and search for 'contraband' weapons held by the 'insurgents'.
If America ever gets taken down or put into UN receivership the disarming of America will become the new law of the land and if you have weapons you will be labeled a terrorist (insurgent). It will be the soldiers against the "terrorists" not against the american people per se (in their eyes). Also what happened in the aftermath of Katrina when they beta tested a nullification of the 2nd Amendment? The LE said "there will be no (civilian) weapons." So much for the defense of your natural right to defend yourself during social chaos.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Do some research. Your ignorance is painfull to read.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

how many people are members of the "oath keepers"? Specifically people who are in active duty?

Who cares ??? I am not a member of any group but if the UN shows up rounding up people ..... it won't be pretty for them ......

wpn co 1st btn 6th marines ......

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The best senario would be if You could imagine Yourself as been an Afghanistani, and an American armed to the back teeth was knocking on Your door with the turret of His tank, as they do.

What would You do then??/

I suspect You may become what is called an INSURGENT.

You do sound like quite a gent actually sir.
gravitor

You are correct. There is not a doubt in my mind that in that scenario I would become an insurgent, post haste. Now, to be fair, it doesn't really matter WHO is knocking on my door - if they do it with a tank turret, it's going to get pretty dicey, fairly rapidly. Chinese, American, Canadian, Mexican, Belgian - maybe not British, they're so damned civilized in the way they prosecute a war - but in most cases, I wouldn't be looking at the uniform and patches - the tank turret would be enough to tell me everything I need to know.

Just between you and I - and all the other ATS readership, I suppose - it would be rather comical seeing how they'd get the tank TO my door to knock. They'd probably have to do it with a shell from afar. I've got most non-military equipment covered for approaches, up to and including "Urban Assault Vehicles", but tanks with shells would be a whole new ballgame. They can stand back and throw stuff at you.

On the positive side, once they were done, there'd be nothing left for them to crow over, and nothing left for me to lose to keep me peaceful. Life DOES have it's trade-offs, doesn't it?

edit on 2011/12/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, I intend to join the army soon, but i guess if the situation required me to do that, i would do it to my best. As for the family part, my family consists of trained soldiers and very dangerous people. It would take an army to take them down if they were intent on fighting.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
all i can say if they send un troops in to seize weapons blue helmets make good targets. especially in south .
we have much more experience sniping thanks to seer hunting every year.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by jude11

Well, I intend to join the army soon, but i guess if the situation required me to do that, i would do it to my best. As for the family part, my family consists of trained soldiers and very dangerous people. It would take an army to take them down if they were intent on fighting.

There is a thread where Your input would be welcome.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do tend to call some people who give up their humanity and then do as they are TOLD....BORG.
I personally feel they are the real cowards who cannot face upto life, thus it is easier to allow themselves to become borg like , and thus avoid the responsibility for their actions.
JUST OBEYING ORDERS.
As the guards on the gas chambers said.
gravitor

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join