It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
All of the soldiers I have talked to about this scenario said they would disobey orders to detain or shoot american citizens. As mentioned in the thread previously, they would send in foreign troops to do the job. I look forward to that day! I will have absolutely no problem putting a round through the head of a foreign soldier. They are in my country illegally, by illegal orders, and they automatically become an enemy combatant!

I am in England.
If a Yanky doodle soldier comes here and is told to arrest Me etc etc?????
What would You recommend I do?

Gravitor

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
First, they won't be asked to arrest their own people...

The government will do like the Soviets... use Southern people to arrest Northern people, etc... nobody will arrest their own families, friends or neighbors.

Second, they did it during Katrina. They didn't care. They confiscated weapons and that kind of stuff.

When it goes haywire, people will shoot back, putting the soldiers in a ``gang mentality`` and yeah, they will kill citizens.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Not sure what the answer to the OP question is, but just a point of fact from a New Orleanian.

1 National Guard unit from another state confiscated weapons in 1 neighborhood until upper command of the Louisiana NG found out about it and told them to stop.

Out of state units were requested by the Louisiana adjutant general and governor via the Emergency Management Assistance Compact between individual US states. Although enabled and partially coordinated by the National Guard Bureau in D.C., this action is done via civilian authorities in different states. They were not imposed by the government or the regular armed forces. The one unit from the Army that was there was there simply to look good on TV and play PR for George W. Bush They were not allowed to raise their weapons under the Posse Comitatus Act (Obviously NG have different rules as the home guard and legacy of the state militias).

Several neighborhoods were protected by residents with guns and generally weren't messed with by law enforcement or National Guard.

Sorry, just hate when I see misinformation being spread that I know for a fact to be untrue.

2 cents on the OP question --- Local NG will be activated in the case of severe civil unrest. It's happened before and usually doesn't end up with anyone getting shot. Some detentions and some non lethal crowd control devices may be used, but I don't see full scale, violent revolution in America's near future. There may be isolated incidents (ie Kent State in the 60s).

Regular Armed forces aren't specifically trained to deal with Domestic Civil Unrest the way the NG are. They have specific rules for the use force and and a clear SOP when it comes to escalation (unlike campus cops apparently)

In perspective, we haven't even reached anything close to that level yet (as what happened nationwide in the 1960s/early 70s ...and we're still here). They felt they were having a revolution then, too, and in reality not much changed. And we aren't even close to where they were at this point.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Thats fine, keep in mind however the amount of well trained vets we have in this country, a HUGE amount........

I urge you to checkout oathkeepers.org

We will always protect our country and her people

10 Orders we will not Obey
edit on 4-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Oathkeepers has a few thousand members, they are a tiny joke.

When you look at the combined forces of the UN it will be a turkey shoot.

The UN forces will show up with air power, and it will be game over.

I guess you never watched 300...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

I'll take Cajuns and rednecks with guns over "UN forces" any day of the week.

UN forces - those blue hats just make for easier targets. Ha!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
During my active duty time I had absolutely no idea there was a war raging in the United States! What you say?

It wasn't till I returned from over seas and retired that I started to suspect something foul under foot. The first clue was in the job market and I had to deal with a "Human Resource" office, not a "personnel" office. We are just human resources now, not human beings? And after 30 or so jobs it finally hit home. We are just considered cattle.

The next clue came from media programing and the obvious manipulation and covert agenda of self destruction. I have never known this country to be so divided on so many issues. And when you thought there were no more subjects to be divided by, here comes "Reality TV", which can not be further away from reality!

Then I remembered something from my childhood, JFK! JFKs assassination was not the beginning of the covert infiltration and take over of our country, it was the final step. Yes, it was his final plea, that was never aired, that made me see the truth.

To our active duty military I beg you, get educated, get informed, GET INVOLVED! We need you more now, more than ever! You must learn who JFK is speaking about before you accept any orders to take action against "REAL" American citizens. God help your choices..........

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

I recently went cross-country with a friend who is a military officer. We stayed in base housing from Ft. Travis (edit- Travis AFB, not Ft. Travis...I knew that didn't look right when I typed it) in CA all the way to McDill (MacDill?) in FL. On the way I saw many, many foreign troops on our bases; most of them were middle eastern. I definitely saw Egyptian military, the others I'm not sure about.

One thing people conveniently forget when discussing this topic is that there are millions upon millions of armed citizens in this country. Then there are the armed gangs (yes, I know they are citizens too) and militias. Trying to invade this country would be a monumental blunder. This little area where I live would be a blood bath for any invading force; everybody is armed and we like the constitution up here. Invader beware.

edit on 5-12-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitor

I am in England.

Gravitor

Invite him in for tea. Make a new friend before you get to the detention center. Play on the fact that he's going to feel pretty stupid arresting a Brit. Brits are some of the most civil people on the planet, and have already been disarmed - why would a yank try to arrest one? What could they have possibly done - or have the potential to do - that would warrant an arrest?

Yeah, that yank will feel all manner of stupid and useless - play on that, nicely, without being in the least grouchy. Turn on the charm, focus it to high intensity.

You'll never see the inside of a detention center if you do that. No self-respecting yank could ever haul you away.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Wow. What a speech! Thanks for sharing. We need another JFK right now, unfortunately the last of his breed seems to have died in the 60s.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by jude11

As someone who lives with, is descended from and is married to a solider let me give you a quick answer: They'd throw your ass in jail because you don't pay their bills. It's just the way things are, they have to eat too.

As someone who is descended from, and also served as an enlisted Marine..........Let me give you a quick answer.....

You’re wrong........

Trust me, if things have fallen so far that military men and women are asked to turn on their mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters.........the last thing on our minds would be our paycheck
edit on 4-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

I think you are the one who is wrong - I am a retired Soldier, SF actually and while I am now a member of the OATHKEEPERS I was not while on active duty. Why?

Because, if something like the OP suggested were to happen TPTB would round the Officers and Soldiers who were members up before hand. I did always say I would never do the things mentioned but honestly, I am glad I was never placed in a position to have to choose.

Again, the economic reality is that most Soldiers are just people who need to feed, clothe, house and provide for their families and given the choice to round up some strangers; even American strangers, or risk losing your pay and benefits most would readily do so.

Even the military is not so stupid as to expect Soldiers to round up their own family members and unit commanders would identify and transfer any individual Soldiers/Officers from the US region or city to which they would be deployed. So you won’t see anything like that.

However, if scenario is one of total collapse of the economy or during a suspension of pay a long term government shut down I think you'd see more Soldiers doing the right thing. The reason is, then they’d have little to lose. Even with a suspension or shut down, it would take a long time to register through the ranks as the gov’t would make promises to pay or give food vouchers to Soldiers’ families or something to keep them placated.

Why do you think some Polish Jews would readily round up others during the Holocaust?

I know, it’s because, they were getting food or safety for their self or their family to do so. The family unit and its preservation is a more pervading human motivation than any concept of community, country, and liberty or freedom for all will ever be. It also supersedes the fulfillment of any oaths to countries or for some (as stated above) even breaking religious taboos.

Most people would kill, maim, or starve a stranger – even a friend to save their children or family. I know I would.

IMO as long as the government would keep paying/feeding the military most would do as they are told with minor acts of resistance being common, i.e. say feigning the lack of ability to track or find certain people, ignoring small theft of food and such…

As a retiree, my personal threshold for active resistance is the continuation of my benefits. If they should cease; I won't have much to lose by taking up arms and protecting what is mine or taking what I need. Until that threshold is reached I will just keep to myself and mind my own property and investments.

edit on 5/12/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My gut feel is that many more than not will follow "questionable" orders.
1) soldiers like to fit in with the rank and file and do not like to be singled out.
2) an order, by itself, has an air of authority to it (even if determined to be illegal).
3) the "oath keepers" will be singled out and persecuted or worse.
4) the soldiers will be attacked (real and staged) and they will then defend themselves and their buddies.
Also those that wont will be replaced by foreign troops (ie, nato) who will not have the same reservations.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Really? Do they not think about what they do in the Army?

No most of them don't, and you need to remember the training is meant to keep people in line and not questioning orders. If you question every order things don't get done therefore that sort of behavior is discouraged. We'd all like to think everyone joins for a noble cause, but when it's between putting food in your kids mouth and nobility I think we all know which way most people go.

For everyone else: With all due respect this spouse does not speak for the USMC at all.

Army, not marines and to proclaim that because my opinion isn't a positive assessment that suddenly you guys are speaking for the military is a little bit jerkish.
edit on 4-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

I'm afraid i'd have to agree with you,a great deal of time and effort is spent dissassembling your average military recruit with a view to rebuilding him/her in the image desired by whichever branch of the military they serve.

There may well be some in whom the indoctrination doesn't go so deep and it would be to those that we would look to show compassion when the time comes,but on the whole,through no fault of their own,the average grunt will follow orders.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Addressing the Original Question: Under Martial Law or some orchestrated globalist coup soldiers will likely not be forced to arrest "families, friends or neighbors" but rather someone else's family, friends and neighbors.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshNugget

That is the most self centered thing i've read in a while, but then again, it came from an american women, so i'm not really all that surprised..

Well aren't you rude. I can't help but laugh at you, you automatically assume because I said that is what would happen it means that is what I would do. Making an observation is not the same thing as stating a course of one's own actions

And you'd be safe? Your kids? Of course they wouldn't throw YOU in jail, afterall, you pay their bills and feed them, don't ya?

I'm not in the army, furthermore I already have a way out of the country in the event of such a mess.

Well, you feed one with a little puss (but even that is unlikely),

Oh are you trying to imply I am a hooker? I always laugh at the crap ATS allows while proclaiming to be above it, but then this a vehemently right-wing board. I'm used to the abuse, I get it all the time. No, I'm not a hooker and I'm too ugly to even fathom doing it. I've been married for years to a guy you would most likely call an idiot for being married to me. Have I about covered everything? Have i missed how I'm most likely an evil wench who spends her time on her ass killing kittens. Did you forget anything?

I hope I knocked you off your pedestal. Have a great day.

And maybe you can come out of the Ivory tower and join the real world. People have sold each other out before, all you need to do is read about Nazi Germany. People sold each other out to survive. That is the way it was and if you think it can't happen in the U.,S. you are living in a dream world. Honor has little meaning when your very survival is on the line for most human beings.
edit on 5-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Thanks, I think you may be the only person in the thread who understood the argument.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am sure most people did not think American police would pepper spray peaceful protestors either. People have been trained to leave their morality and ethics at the door and follow the orders of who they work for (not just police, but corporate america too). Our government now considers us all possible terrorists that they can detail indefinitely if they so desire. I am pretty sure they have plans to bring in Mexican and Canadian and UN troops if they feel they need to.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by gravitor

I am in England.

Gravitor

Invite him in for tea. Make a new friend before you get to the detention center. Play on the fact that he's going to feel pretty stupid arresting a Brit. Brits are some of the most civil people on the planet, and have already been disarmed - why would a yank try to arrest one? What could they have possibly done - or have the potential to do - that would warrant an arrest?

Yeah, that yank will feel all manner of stupid and useless - play on that, nicely, without being in the least grouchy. Turn on the charm, focus it to high intensity.

You'll never see the inside of a detention center if you do that. No self-respecting yank could ever haul you away.

Ah AH thats no problem, old chap.
Tell Me???, what will You do if a Chinaman knocks on Your door?
gravitor

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?"

Get shot

duck blinds and sniper rifles work wonders.

just sayin.

Just so you guys know this is not an impossibility.... since the good ol US o A is now officially declared a war zone disobeying a direct order to do this can be a good ole ex o cution.
edit on 5-12-2011 by overratedpatriotism because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Playing devils advocate here ... not saying I agree with or believe what I'm about to say is going to happen ....

For those saying you will not police/arrest/detain/confront innocent Americans ....

You will not be told one day .. hey we're going to go take over the population, lock and load. It will come after mass protests and civil unrest. When We The People finally wake up and decide we have had enough with our arrogant, corrupt politicians and they actually start to fear us you will be tasked with protecting them. Those innocent Americans will now be classified as domestic terrorists threatening the stability of our union. This will be drummed into your head.

You will not be asked to disarm and detain innocent Americans, you will be ordered to disarm and detain terrorists. We will be vilified from every corner of our government. You will be shown or told about uprisings and told WE are targeting innocents. You will be told how WE are overpowering local police forces and putting innocents in danger. The news and media will be strictly controlled, rumors will abound and most people will not know what to believe. Then .....

You will be put in between us and them.

All that it would take now is for someone to fire the first shot, and THEY will make sure that someone does, even if they have to have someone sneak in and do it themselves. From then on you will not be attacking innocent Americans, you will be defending against domestic terrorists who fired on the military. A false flag or two and the military will do as it's told because they would have been manipulated and lied to just as the government lies to us daily. The only way to avoid this is if military leaders put a stop to it. If the generals go along so shall most enlisted.

Once there is utter chaos, part of the military goes AWOL, and the country is burning a plea will go out for help from our allies. That's when the foreign troops will show up. Problem is, many Americans will see this as a good thing. They are only here to help after all, so long as you do what you're told and obey orders you'll be alright. By this time I would suspect either the people defeated or a full blown rebellion/civil war. Should the people fail, we will now be occupied while we are rebuilt, most likely to U.N. specifications and the U.S. will be no more.

Hell, give me a day or two and I could plan this and I'm just some random guy on the internet. The government probably has a whole department somewhere dedicated to just this scenario... and they have the resources to carry it out.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Primordial because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Primordial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

I agree. It has to be an "us against them" scenario. The average grunt does not think politics but is trained to follow orders and given the level of indoctrination by FEMA over a decade ago demonizing our Founding Fathers (classifying them as "the first terrorstists") it wont be long before they attempt to brainwash the troops also. The problem for them is that US Generals and Admirals are smart and well educated (many holding PhDs) and altho some have bought into the NWO plan others are good men who will uphold the Constitution and it is the leadership that is both key and most vulnerable (them being removed and replaced). But if the leadership remains true at the top then it will be hard for thugs in uniform to carryout nefarious plans at the bottom.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I believe TPTB have already anticipated this. I'm pretty sure there's a protocol in place whereby they plan to use non-US soldiers for the dirty deed. Our soldiers will be shipped off in trade, I suppose, to quell someone else's uprising.

I may be mistaken about that, but I have heard strong claims to that effect. I'll make it a point to look it up. But let's find out what our boys have to say, just in case they are put in that position....

If outside military is brought in to enforce martial law on our country then that is an act of war on the american people, and we would have every right to shoot and kill back. The only military in this country is the US military, no outside source or rent-a-merc can replace them. If another military steps in to try and enforce anything then that is an invasion, period.

It is one thing for outside forces to step in if any country's military is blatently acting in aggression against its citizens. But to replace a military because they support the people and won't act against them would be a blatent act of war, and deserves to be retaliated against.

That would be like us sending our military to China or Russia and saying "were kicking your military out because they support you!"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join