It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible EVP at work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello all!

I work graveyard security at a company I wont mention. The duties include patrolling many other buildings and we are gone for about 6 of the 8 hours per night. We always hear bumps and weird noises during the night, and just don't care as long as there isn't anyone on camera.

Well... being the curious little cat that I am, I decided on December 2 (two days ago) to place my cell phone (HTC Evo) in one of the main areas we tend to have experiences. I left the voice recorder running, and took off on a patrol with my partner. At approximately 0300 we returned and stopped the recording. Over all we had 2hrs and 33min of recording.

So this is where the fun begins. I take the phone home, hook it up to my computer, get the audio files on my computer and start listening. I use Audacity to go through the files fyi. Anywho, the following is probably my most interesting recording from that night.

(For the best experience please listen to CML Dec 2 Snip, then with noise removal, then with noise removal amplify and tempo change)

soundcloud.com...

There are some minor bumps in the beginning and then at 22sec is were I really would like you guys to pay attention.
I would just like to know your thoughts on the noises in the clip. Keep in mind, my partner and myself are gone. The building is locked and has alarms set to motion sensors. There is machinery in the building but nothing that would produce these noises. (Refrigerators and computers)

My real interest is what you guys hear immediately after the crash. Is that a voice or maybe something else? I know me and my partner have an opinion, but I'm posting this to see what you guys think. Maybe later I will tell you what it seems to be for us.

Anywho, I hope this was of interest to some of you.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow very interesting..sounds to me like the disembodied voice is saying something like "Media" the 22 second mark at 2:06 2:10 and 2:19 we hear what sounds to me like a door slamming? was that you or was their someone using a door around there at that time? just curious..the voice is creepy..is that an old building? do you know the history of it? interesting thread SnF Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ummm... I don't know what it says, but it is for sure creepy lol
Is like someone breathe on it

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
Wow very interesting..sounds to me like the disembodied voice is saying something like "Media" the 22 second mark at 2:06 2:10 and 2:19 we hear what sounds to me like a door slamming? was that you or was their someone using a door around there at that time? just curious..the voice is creepy..is that an old building? do you know the history of it? interesting thread SnF Cheers Coco

Ill let you know the building is a ski resort lodge. The building is very old. I think it was put up in the 50s or 60s. I couldn't tell you a detailed history, but it has had million and millions of people pass through it. We have deaths on the mountain, missing persons, etc.

The noises you hear (towards the end of the recording) are the ones we hear all night. We were nowhere near the building and any motion should have set off the alarms.

The doors are wired, so if they open they set off the alarm. We patrolled through the lodge and found noone, set the voice recorder up, set the alarms and left.

In the grand scheme of things, this recording happened 46min into the session. We had been completely gone for about 40min and didn't return for another 1hr 50min. The bumps you hear at the end of the session happened were present at least 8 times during the two hours.
edit on 4-12-2011 by DaveWx3 because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I hear "Kendra" followed by a fast few syllables I cannot place, but working on it.
Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Fascinating..I think it's haunted..I wonder if you could communicate with that spirit?
Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by DaveWx3

Fascinating..I think it's haunted..I wonder if you could communicate with that spirit?
Cheers Coco

I will probably try it in the future when I have the time. I kinda have to do my investigating during my lunch break if I want to be there for it.

I also wanted to add that we left the recorder up last night with only one bump in 2hrs and 50min.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yes, and those few fast syllables after "Kendra" do sound like "Media" I guess "Kendra" is what you are calling the crash at :22. At 2:05, it sounds like "Oh" as there is also a sound like a hit or slam.
edit on 4-12-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Yes, and those few fast syllables after "Kendra" do sound like "Media" I guess "Kendra" is what you are calling the crash at :22. At 2:05, it sounds like "Oh" as there is also a sound like a hit or slam.
edit on 4-12-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

I see what you guys are saying. My "crash" does kinda sound like a distorted voice saying "Kendra". Interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Addendum.
The part you amplified seems to pick out a subtle : "Na", which would make Nakendra, or Nagendra. How did you extract that portion at .22 ? Did you use any filters on it other them a cut and amplification?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

please be sure to keep us posted..sounds like an interesting journal..I have flagged this so I can come back and check on it..cheers coco

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Addendum.
The part you amplified seems to pick out a subtle : "Na", which would make Nakendra, or Nagendra. How did you extract that portion at .22 ? Did you use any filters on it other them a cut and amplification?

The 22 sec extract was done with: noise removal, amplification, and tempo change -15% without pitch change.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very interesting, the only thing I can really make out is at the end. It sounds like some one opening and closing a door.

The other noises, at times, reminds me of some one with the sniffles, that kind of noise, if that makes sense.

Very cool.

So, was there anyone watching the monitors as you were on patrol? If so, did they see anything or hear anything?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No one is available to watch the monitor when we go out on patrol. If the motion sensors would have tripped on the cameras, 99% of the time it also would have tripped the alarm.

We know however that the alarm did not sound, because we would have received a phone call, and the recording would have heard it. No one keyed their code into the panel either to disarm it.

However when we are able to watch the monitors and we hear these crashes and bangs, there has never been anything visible happening.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The 22 sec extract was done with: noise removal, amplification, and tempo change -15% without pitch change.
reply to post by DaveWx3

That would concur with my belief that it is actually in the audio stream, but brought out via the amplification.
This seems like a real genuine EVP, with the nuances thus noted and accounted for.

I use Audacity for a lot of simple audio editing, but prefer Sony Sound Forge, for some professional features, especially LOFAR graphic analysis, which can help to separate acoustic resonance in a room from discreet sound source locations. It might be useful when you have recordings in a large room, but would like to determine if the sound in question is in the ambient room range vs coming from a discreet location. A lloyd's mirror analysis is also beneficial if you want to quantify a sound source as being foreign to the room acoustics, but to do this you need to first get a sound profile of the room, which is rather a time consuming process.

I would continue your research using a dedicated digital sound recorder. Many have a stereo head, so placed in a room, you can at least analyze 2 discreet sound channels and tell if there is difference in amplitude. The stereo is incorporated in the top of the unit, that have directional condenser mic's on each side, like most Sony digital sound recorders. They are cheap enough, but you could rent one for say $30 for a week, and use it for further analysis. A stereo recording input to the tools that I have at my disposal can determine a wealth of information about the recording beyond what you can hear, and if it is a true EVP, it will not be mappable into the ambient acoustics of the room you are in. They are that wierd.

Edit: And if you do this, I will be happy to run it through my system FOC, and give you the full results. I do this for many other reasons, not just paranormal , but for Insurance companies....
edit on 5-12-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I would love to get a little stereo recorder to do investigations with, but currently it is not really practical financially. Im sure sometime in the future I'll throw down the money and get a little $150 unit, and school myself up on sound analysis.

As for now, though, I'm stuck with my cell phone and Audacity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

I heard a man sau after the crash: it's now. I on purpose did not read the other comments as not to get influenced.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

I love trying to work out EVP's

I haven’t read anyone’s posts yet, because I didn’t want to be influenced.
And yeah there are obvious bangs, scrapings or door closing noises

Clip #1 at 0.22 ... ”In there”…. “Yeah”
Clip #2 at 0.00 “what’s that” …. “In there”… “Yeah” or “yep”

so now ill read the rest of the thread and find out what everyone else hears.

love and harmony
Whateva

new topics

top topics

join