It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do people tell you things you dont want to listen to ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

well ????????

i constantly get bombarded with people who need to tell me things - crap i dont wat to hear

i realise that talking might easue ther burden and accelerate thier acceptance of events

but i have a different path

and i dont want to talk and i certainly do not want to listen

what do i do ??????????

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That's just how people are. I think that most people just love to talk about themselves and how they do things. They also think that bragging is a form of accomplishment. I know plenty of people like that. I also tend to just ignore them whenever possible.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Do you think people feel the same about you when you have problems they don't really care about?

solution: grin and bear it
edit on 12/4/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I ask the same thing as well sometimes, but another question...why are so many more people so uptight these days and unwilling to listen?
edit on 4/12/11 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

what do i do ??????????

One option is that you simply say "STFU" & continue on about your business.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

i will quote my self :

i dont want to talk

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by eXia7

i will quote my self :

i dont want to talk

Well, then it seems you know some very pushy people. Maybe the best case is to avoid these people.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

well ????????

i constantly get bombarded with people who need to tell me things - crap i dont wat to hear

i realise that talking might easue ther burden and accelerate thier acceptance of events

but i have a different path

and i dont want to talk and i certainly do not want to listen

what do i do ??????????

I'm sorry. What did you say? I wasn't listening.

Seriously. Maybe the questions to your answer are more important than you might think. The more we open ourselves up to opportunity, the more it becomes available. Suffering always leads to reward. You are obviously suffering. There are only three causes of suffering.

1) If you take a reward, suffering follows what was taken.

2) If you suffer first to earn the reward, you suffer the correct direction.

3) If you suffer as a cause of another person's actions, then you have the freedom to remove yourself. You also have the freedom to suffer work to change the direction to a reward instead.

Since you are claiming number 3, is it not possible that the answer is within your own actions in the end? A negative can be cancelled by a positive. Another negative just makes more negative. Being positive in all situations is the only answer. Adding more suffering multiplies two negatives and makes a positive.

In other words, someone throws trash in your yard, what do you do? You can throw it back. This is another negative. You can walk away and hope it gets fixed. You can suffer some work and throw it in the trash. This is a positive that cancels a negative with work. The other answer is the one you may not see right away. You can suffer some work and make a new friend from the person who created the negative. Once you are friends, only positive can come form that time on. Teach the the value of properly removing trash. Teach a man to fish and he feeds himself for a lifetime. Simply give him a fish and he eats for one day. Walk by him when he is empty and miss the opportunity to fill an empty space with love.

The final answer....wait. What was the question again?

A: Think for the other person in the manner in which they should be thinking for themselves. Remove bias and walk together instead of separate.

edit on 4-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Tell the people you don't want to talk to...nor listen to....that you do not want to communicate with them ever....and that you just want them to leave you alone.

And...you can end up being a very lonely and unloved person.

I personally feel that if people are going to listen to me...I sure am going to listen to them...really listen and care about them and what they are saying. Kindness is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
truth hurts

new topics

top topics

join