It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Genderqueer" individual "doesn't identify as male or female"; demands special recognition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

Sounds a bit GAGA to me!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You know when Einstein was researching physics he discovered things that didn't conform to common sense and logic?

No, I didn't know that ... because the latter is impossible. Contradictions reveal flaws in the underlying conceptual system, not contraventions of logic.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Actually, we DO have a gender neutral pronoun. It's called "IT".

While I understand one may feel offended by being called or addresed as such, however, that is the correct gender neutral pronoun in the English language.

I am one of those people who will defend a person's right to be whoever they want to be, and if you think you are a woman born in a man's body or vice versa, so be it.

My problem beiginns when you want me, a born woman, to start speaking of myself and other women as "cis woman", as opposed to a trans woman.
I am simply a woman. No questions or uncertainties about it, hence no need for any appendix in my denomination.

The problem continues when humanity is supposed to come up with new pronouns to define people who can't be bothered deciding what gender they are.

I agree though about "gender queer".
Personally, I look feminine to a fault, however as a child I liked to play with swords and play basketball and football. But I also loved and still love make up and cute hair styles.
No contradiction there for me or my parents, nor have I ever thought I was "gender queer" or anything else but a girl/woman.

And just if you thought I am some kind of narrow mindet bigot-I am not!
I am a convinced and true ally to my gay brothers and sisters and accepting of people's orientations and even choices.
What I can't be down with, however, is utter bull dung and disregard of basic biological facts .

Binary thinking in matters of gender is not some crazy idea colonialist opressors came up with, it is how the world works.

With exceptions of some reef fish, gender is consigned by conception and we have 2 biological genders on this planet in vertebrates and especially among mammals.

Hermaphrodites are not a 3rd gender, they are individuals who have a chromosome anomaly.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

As a woman of color, I take great offense in you even typing "that" word and making that comparison.

I am also pretty much sick and tired of everybody's plight being automatically compared to Black people's struggle.

Even if it may interfere with your wish to be physically the woman/man you feel you are on the inside, you can still, if needed, dress or act as your assigned gender, if you had to save your life.
A Black person will not be able to just slip on his or her "White man/woman" outfit and call it a day, even if it hurts.
I walk every day out the door in the skin I am in, with my facial features and everything. Nobody passing me would ever think I am just some odd looking White woman.
And that's just one little example that doesn't even start describing what I mean.

As far as "Native Americans" recognizing a 3rd gender, that's partially true.
There is no homogenous "Native American" culture. If you want to get technical, do so but please differenciate, especially when those in question are certain tribes/nations and not the general norm

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoeteMaudit
You know when Einstein was researching physics he discovered things that didn't conform to common sense and logic?

No, I didn't know that ... because the latter is impossible. Contradictions reveal flaws in the underlying conceptual system, not contraventions of logic.

If you can't understand exactly what I mean here you should take it up eith Einstein. He didn't believe his own findings could be possible because of his belief in what common sense and logic must dictate.

I think that's pretty obvious. You can google his name and the word 'spooky' to read up on it more. I think it's pretty self explanatory.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is only addressed to the OP because he/she started it!

I say give it to "them".

but. . . .

I want my own bathroom as well.

I am a mixed (colour), heterosexual, disabled veteran. I'm also ambidextrious. So I want my own parking spot, really close to A&W Root Beer Stands.
I also have webbed toes.
So I want to be tax-exempt.

Gimme.

Gimmegimmegimme

Why the hell not! The country, the world is going to hell in a handbasket! Might as well grab all the free goodies that I can.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do people freak out and try to rape or kill you for being a veteran, heterosexual, ambidextrous with a diverse background?

You're over looking the fact that people that are transgender are higher risk to those crimes.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by beezzer

Do people freak out and try to rape or kill you for being a veteran, heterosexual, ambidextrous with a diverse background?

You're over looking the fact that people that are transgender are higher risk to those crimes.
You have to then ask yourself, why. Why are they at higher risk? Are they in high risk areas that have crime? Do they voluntarily go there? Why?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Simply put, I honestly don't care what a person wants to be called. If they want to be called "they" I will call them that. If they want to be called a man, I will call them that. If they want to be called a woman, i will call them that.

I never did care much for labels, but if you want one so bad and you want to be called "they", then I will respect that and call you "they".

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Y'know, I have a couple of friends in the US, who are lesbian women, but identify and dress as men, and they refer to themselves as gender queer. But this is extreme. I guess there would become a time when someone didn't feel like they identified with one sex or the other.
Genderqueer is a bit of a smack in the face kinda word to use... how about... mentally androgynous

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Having mentioned the word - label.

I always thought the only label we needed was our name. Anything else is just a control mechanism put in place by the powers that be. My body is the one for which I am responsible and the only time I should be concerned with another persons body is if I am helping them because they are hurt - their gender really will not have much to do with assisting them.

Gender is personal - I am not offended nor am I concerned with what anyone on the planet wants to identify with in terms of sexuality. As long as they are not assaulting anyone - what is the problem? I am offended by war and violence and the gazillion problems we have with our society.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Some of them. Being transgendered or genderqueer like this person doesn't magically whisk you away from where you live. Even in peaceful areas, you still get people who are messed up in the head, looking to commit violence.

They are at higher risk for the same reason black people got lynched. Irrational hatred.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow some of the people in this thread are so close minded. I thought this forum was meant to be a place we could share posts and stories in a neutral environment, lately there has been a lot of one sided and even angry posts which is upsetting the balance.

You can't just bash someones feelings and mind state because you don't understand it, it's probably people like you who are making them want to go public and raise awareness in the first place.

There are quite a few proper names relating to this, a couple of them being Gender Identity Disorder or Androgyny.

Not all want special treatment, however maybe it's because of people like you they feel they should be separate from society. As long as what they do doesn't hurt anybody then why hate them and brush it off without even learning anything about the subject in hand?

We are all taught to be ourselves and to be as happy as we can and they are doing it, does posting hate and immature comments make you all feel big and happy?

This forum post and replies has made me see their point, I can now definitely see why some people want to be separated from you lot.

Have some manners and decorum, if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say it. Show some respect to peoples feelings.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Karl Marx dream was to have no nationalities, no borders, no races, no creeds, no genders, no separation or distinction whatsoever. This is only one small stepping stone in an overall left-wing agenda. This is just another group of whiny eyed leftists making demands.

In places that are further along with the marxist masterplan it is normal to inhibit gender. Check out the genderless schools in Sweden for example. This is what leftist politics is ultimately all about.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I mean, imagine how horrifically stupid you have to be not to be able to tell the difference between peoples private parts. And these are the people ruling more than 80% of the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Naturally, this story oozes out of California. No surprise. Such a sad politically correct and confused state. Pathetic.

Give me a flippin break UCLA. Perhaps this individual would be better served with some good time with a therapist rather than pushing this crap on society. Figure it out on your own.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Please, drop the paranoia.
I'll probably get dinged from the mods for this, but what you just said was retarded. I use such blunt language because I fully believe your entire statement was incredibly stupid and unrealistic.

This is not about leftist politics, not at all. If you don't want to learn about a subject then stop applying your mis-conceived notions about the world to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join