It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk This.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

There is as much evidence that U.F.O.'s exist as God exists. There are billions who don't believe in God, and billions who don't believe in U.F.O.'s even with all of the evidence. What difference does it make if one believes or not? Does more people believing give you some satisfaction? Does it change the fact that 99% of the world hasn't had a personal encounter with these aircraft? Does it change the fact that there will always be someone who doesn't believe even if they had physical contact with the aircraft? U.F.O.'s (I.F.O.'s) are real, they are man made, no alien life forms though. Alien life forms within these vehicles are all Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by steveknows

Steve...I understand your disdane for some people to scream....E.T.! E.T.! everytime they see a random light in the sky.

I also know that many UFO sightings are just people seeing tests of advanced aircraft.

But there is evidence to solidly support the existance of E.T. Many U.S. Astronauts.....guys with everything to loose by making statements about Aliens....such as Gordon Cooper.....and a slew of others.

I know I can't provide you on this board solid proof....but I KNOW....by job.....they exist. And not just one race.

The rest is up to you. Split Infinity

Disdane is a harsh word and no I don't have disdane for UFOers. It's just that there is no evidence for alien UFO's and contacts. Not 1 single thing. All these abductions and not one person has managed to grab even the equivalent of a paper clip. I wasn't actually being a smarty pants in my last post,not saying you said that either, but if you wrote down a list of solid evidence you'd have an empty page.
edit on 5-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Visiting ESB

You've asked great questions and come to an equally worthy conclusion. But unfortunately, those who should be leaders in this subject are cowards, relying on limited human knowledge to deny what is staring them in the face.

So, in other words. "I don't know what it is so it must be aliens."

You'll have to do much better than that. That's not what I said and you know it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Steve...there are a few U.S.Astronauts who have everything to loose...such as Gordon Cooper....swearing about his witnesssing a E.T. craft landing at Edwards. Why would he do that? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Gordon Cooper had nothing to loose. He left NASA before he began talking about UFOs.
Can you point to somewhere that Cooper swears he saw a landing? I've heard different.

He seems to have said that he wasn't there at the time.

His own words on the case, told in 1977 to interviewer Lee Spiegel for the "The Credibility Factor" (the UFO record), are as follows: he recalled "...the case of one that landed out on the dry lake bed right out from a number of camera crews we had who filmed it. And the film was there and was sent forward to the safekeeping somewhere in Washington, never to be seen again."

As to the accuracy of the rest of Cooper's recollection of the "Edwards UFO", eyewitness Gettys had this to say in 1982: "I am amazed that Gordon Cooper said the object landed -- as far as I know, he never even saw it.... His story sounds kind of funny to me." And Gettys -- who still does not believe the '"weather balloon" explanation -- was there; Cooper, contrary to legend, played no role at all.

www.zipworld.com.au...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think it is undeniable that we have objects flying in the sky that we the public can not identify. Having known people who have seen things, and having seen something myself I would say that unless we are a globe full of compulsive liars and photoshop obsessives then there deffinately is unidentified flying objects.

HOWEVER the real question is, are these terrestrial or extra terrestrial? I don't know, and I think its fair to say only a handful of people do know, and they ain't spilling the beans any day soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Gordon Cooper had nothing to loose. He left NASA before he began talking about UFOs.
Can you point to somewhere that Cooper swears he saw a landing? I've heard different.

He seems to have said that he wasn't there at the time.

His own words on the case, told in 1977 to interviewer Lee Spiegel for the "The Credibility Factor" (the UFO record), are as follows: he recalled "...the case of one that landed out on the dry lake bed right out from a number of camera crews we had who filmed it. And the film was there and was sent forward to the safekeeping somewhere in Washington, never to be seen again."

As to the accuracy of the rest of Cooper's recollection of the "Edwards UFO", eyewitness Gettys had this to say in 1982: "I am amazed that Gordon Cooper said the object landed -- as far as I know, he never even saw it.... His story sounds kind of funny to me." And Gettys -- who still does not believe the '"weather balloon" explanation -- was there; Cooper, contrary to legend, played no role at all.

www.zipworld.com.au...

Without realizing it...you have proved my point. A FREEKIN' ASTRONAUT.....an American Hero....comes out and says what you have quoted....then is debunked. I have a Military/"CIVILIAN" family. They do not make ststements that are against protocol.....unless it would be as reality changing as this. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

He wasn't in the military when he said it. He wasn't in NASA when he said it.
And he never said (much less "swore") that he saw a landing, as you claimed.

edit on 12/5/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He is on video...years later....after going into space....when he divulges this info....you can google the vid easily.

Why would a man of his calliber wish to tarnish his legacy...at the later end of his life....to tell a lie?
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

First let me say that I am here to ruin the local skeptics and debunkers collective day.

It is time to stop the denial and move on with the conversation. Agreed?

So you're here to ruin people's day? Hardly conducive to good conversation or debate.

There are far too many witnesses, artifacts, proofs, stories, historical texts, anecdotes, photographs, videos, testimonies, radar signatures, pilot and military witnesses, physical evidences, ancient architectural anomalies, etcetera, for these ALL to be hoaxes.

Not all hoaxes, no. Many, if not the majority, are deliberate hoaxes and many are misidentifications. A very few remain unknown but as we stand not one photo, video, anecdote, artifact is evidence of extraterrestrial life.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Please show me a video where he claims to have seen a landing. If he does so, he changed his story. That's not a good sign.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Of the millions of reported encounters, over the thousands of years, if even ONE of them actually happened then that means the phenomena does happen.

There's two disturbing possibilities.
1) We're not alone in the universe.
2) We're alone in the universe.

I personally find #2 more disturbing but infinitely more improbable, given the universe's immensity.

Unfortunately the governments of the world keep tight wraps on the extraterrestrial question and the hordes of twats that make fake videos and forge evidence does not help the case of people searching for the truth.
edit on 5-12-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I can understand your reasoning of using the odds, but that may work for you as proof, it does not for me. Just because this many people said so proves nothing.
How about recalculating your odds and taking away the obvious misunderstandings that turned out to be chinese lanterns, etc

I have seen something as well and believed it to be unexplained at the time, other witnesses in my area saw similar sighting at the same time and date, as I looked into it for first week. This means nothing to me I am sorry to say.

I could be lying and so could they, or we saw something we wanted to be a ufo, something that was not a ufo at all. That to me would be the most common explanation

I would guess majority of people, skeptics included would love to see a ufo, and for believers seeing something in the sky, or headlights moving on a road on a mountain in the dark is going to be a ufo because they so badly want to see one and are too quick to label it as such.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are correct. It is a fact that Gordon Cooper did not see the landing nor has he ever claimed to have seen the landing, on video or anywhere else.

His men saw the landing and he looked at the negatives of the film before packaging it off to 'wherever'.

There are several ways to take this story.

1) Gordon Cooper simply made the whole thing up.

2) His men hoaxed him.

3) There really was a ufo landing that was filmed.

Number 1, while possible is a very serious accusation to make against someone of Cooper's calibre and not something I'm prepared to do and I simply don't believe it to be true.

Number 2 seems unlikely simply because if it had been a hoax is it not likely that this would have been discovered and Cooper notified? Why the secrecy otherwise? To spare his feelings? And is hoaxing your superior officers something that is common in military circles?

What you have to ask yourself is, unlikley as number 3 is, are the first two options more or less likely? My personal opinion is that they are less likely so I conclude that the story as told by Cooper is essentially correct.

Of course that tells us nothing about the provenance of the disk itself. It could be alien or it could have been some kind of secret test of a technology that still hasn't been made public. However, that shouldn't be a factor in determining the truth or otherwise of Cooper's story.
edit on 5/12/2011 by MarrsAttax because: spelling

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'd trust an astronaut over any politician.

Gordon Cooper isn't the only one. Edgar Mitchel publicly stated that we're not alone, Roswell was real, and they (extraterrestrials) are on/around the moon. www.youtube.com...

Same with Buzz Aldrin. www.youtube.com...

That's as good as official disclosure for me. These men were heroes of my generation and have outstanding character. I don't need a corrupt, conniving president to tell me what 3-4 heroes already did (who had firsthand encounters).
edit on 5-12-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Roswell, Exeter, Pheonix, Wsahington DC, Moscow, London, and your town too. Literally every single place on the earth has many local stories associated with these phenomenon. There are far too many witnesses, artifacts, proofs, stories, historical texts, anecdotes, photographs, videos, testimonies, radar signatures, pilot and military witnesses, physical evidences, ancient architectural anomalies, etcetera, for these ALL to be hoaxes.

But unfortunately, no concrete, undeniable.......proof.

Wrong!
We have the Aussie guy with the hair of the 'alien' girl.
DNA evidence dude.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by Argyll

Roswell, Exeter, Pheonix, Wsahington DC, Moscow, London, and your town too. Literally every single place on the earth has many local stories associated with these phenomenon. There are far too many witnesses, artifacts, proofs, stories, historical texts, anecdotes, photographs, videos, testimonies, radar signatures, pilot and military witnesses, physical evidences, ancient architectural anomalies, etcetera, for these ALL to be hoaxes.

But unfortunately, no concrete, undeniable.......proof.

Wrong!
We have the Aussie guy with the hair of the 'alien' girl.
DNA evidence dude.

What Aussie guy? What DNA? What alien hair? Has the CSIRO validated this? I haven't read anything about it in the Scientific Australian. In fact it's never made the news. No DNA evidence of aliens in Australia as everywhere else I think.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Gordon Cooper didn't see the saucer landing he was told by the people that filmed it .
In his own words from 1.48

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Despite being a skeptic, I am willing to admit to the existence of UFOs, but the field of Ufology has been a complete joke ever since it pretty much accepted the ET hypothesis without contest. Personally I find the ultraterrestrial/extradimensional hypothesis to be the best fit for the evidence, but once again there is no actual proof that such beings exist.

Probably you have not read many UFOlogy books. It is not a complete joke, some things are but some aren't. A pretty good & well researched book with 200+ references is Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs, gives a fair overview of the various reports about all the various topics (crop circles, abduction, contactees, lots of military reports etc)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Firstly there are a lot of "witness" accounts, most well known hoaxes that gets pulled on as proof of other events it happens all the time amongst tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists.

Some cases borderline the amazingly unexplained for and unidentified flying object that can't be explained.

Thirdly, UFO DOESN'T = ALIENS

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join