It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk This.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Their is proof everywhere people just look at the big picture, do some research. There is tones of evidence all over the earth. Just because you as an individual haven't seen or been in contact with one doesn't mean its not there.

Just because you haven't seen your skeletal system, doesn't mean its not their....

U cant see Pluto with your eyes, doesn't mean its not there.....

My point is people will happily accept something told by an official that something "is" how it is simply by word with no evidence what so ever, but as soon as it comes to this topic, flat out denial. There is so much evidence to prove the existence of other races you would not be able to read through it in 10 years!, how much more evidence do you want???

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Debunkers will never stop asking for evidence.

Believers will never stray from their ideas.

It's a stalemate people. No one in this thread will stray away from what they believe in, this is pointless banter.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
Their is proof everywhere people just look at the big picture, do some research. There is tones of evidence all over the earth. Just because you as an individual haven't seen or been in contact with one doesn't mean its not there.

Just because you haven't seen your skeletal system, doesn't mean its not their....

U cant see Pluto with your eyes, doesn't mean its not there.....

My point is people will happily accept something told by an official that something "is" how it is simply by word with no evidence what so ever, but as soon as it comes to this topic, flat out denial. There is so much evidence to prove the existence of other races you would not be able to read through it in 10 years!, how much more evidence do you want???

Wrong on many levels.

I am happy to inform you that I have seen verifiable evidence of both my own skeleton and indeed the planet Pluto.....and I am more than happy to accept both of them as 100% genuine

Now about these aliens.................

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by maddog99
How old is the universe? How many billions of galaxies are there?
Saying there isn't intelligent life a million years more advanced than us and unable to traverse the universe and / or dimensions has to be the most ignorant statement of our time.

Not quite. Saying something like the above as if it were a proven fact is every bit as ignorant, considering that age and size is in no way proof of the existence of intelligent ET life.

I never said that was proof. I was replying to those who comment that traveling the universe or multiverse if you will is impossible. You twisted my words around.

The non-believers will never have enough proof.

How many other impossibilities have we defeated in history?

Our race has gone from thinking the world was flat to putting a man on the moon in an eyeblink.

Yes, it is ignorant to think we are alone. I'll rely on common sense and logic to come to that conclusion.

But onto the topic of proof...

The proof is there if you look and have an open mind. What people want is confirmation from our govt. and if that's what people are waiting for and need, don't hold your breath!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

What people want is confirmation from our govt

I want to see an alien being in person before I make it official.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Please show me a video where he claims to have seen a landing. If he does so, he changed his story. That's not a good sign.

Bear with me as I am not very computer savy but I believe you can go to your TV if you have digital cable and rerun the episode from both Hisory Channel and a show called....Is it True?.....I am still having dificulty cutting and pasteing...LOL! Nevermind....listing a link!

My three very real weaknesses are....spelling, computers...and short term memory...although the last weakness is by choice. I have a subconsious that has a tendency to pick and choose what I will or willnot remember. I think it is telling me to keep my thoughts on the here and now....rather than the if and whens. LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Sigh. Just because it's likely that there is life out there does not AT ALL mean that they are visiting us. Like you said, the universe is freaking huge. We don't even know if light speed travel is at all possible for a ship or organic life, nevermind faster than light (wormhole travel yadayada). Such things are just science fiction for now, advanced technology does not necessarily making EVERYTHING possible, some things might just be impossible due to the laws of physics and what not.

When you think about the fact that the nearest life might be millions or billions of light years away in any random direction, with all sorts of obstacles in the way (asteroid fields, stars, planets, black holes, etc) it quickly becomes easy to see why it might be extremely unlikely that there would be aliens here given that humans have even only been around for tens or hundreds of thousands of years.

Detecting actual life millions or more light years away might be impossible, it's hard to imagine a way it could be done especially if you don't know exactly where to look. The best that might be possible is detecting planets that might be capable of having life. Even if you could, then what? Even if you're capable of light speed, are you going to send a spaceship out on a million or billion year long mission? How can a spaceship or a crew survive such a trip? Why pick our planet instead of many others that might have life? There are many considerations.

People who think its a given that aliens are visiting earth are the ones who don't understand how big the universe is or how impossible light speed or faster than light speed travel might be no matter how advanced your tech is.
edit on 5-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

What people want is confirmation from our govt

I want to see an alien being in person before I make it official.

You sure about that , any preference to type , best not be wearing your finest undies . When you do , don't worry about the mind mess you will have after . There has already been evidence/proof posted on ATS , not your common type with two arms and two legs and all the same as we look like .
edit on 5-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by Phage

It is much easier to infer that otherworldly cultures are visiting our planet than there are swamp gas, cloud refraction, psychological breaks, neuron discharge(?), Chinese lantern, psychosomatic, schizorphrenic, hoaxes that someone CGI'd to make the moon look bluish reddish green and pulsate.

Oh... ... My... ... ... God.
P.S: God, sorry for posting a one liner.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

I am not disagreeing with you. But can we trust them? You have to understand there are a lot of religious people that think they are all demons!

Maybe us humans are the lower form, maybe we have to learn tolerance. People like LA Marzulli seem to think that all the ufo's that have been seen whether they are dimensional or earth plain and outer space are demons.

Now that eventually is going to have to be settled.I know from Clifford Stones point of view it is more of a Heinz 57. Some good, some bad. I come from a christian realm were I am leaning toward the truth what ever it is and what ever the highest form. But I will not believe something that doesn't make sense when there is evidence to support the opposite.

I have a feeling, and a strong one that the races just didn't come from Adam and Eve. I think that though Moses could of been everything the bible says he is. He gave a basic version when he wrote that Adam came from clay and Eve from adam's rib. Something screams too basic.. Though I have my doubts about some of Zacharia Sitchen's teachings. I have to think he was on to something when he stated that the sumerians had a sophisticated culture. First in so many things: elaborate printing process,zodiac terminology of the stars, writing, mathematics.
But Ernest Norman (not sure if it is true or not) claims that the chinese race came from a mars civilization.
Not very many people are meeting what I say head on about Ernest Norman. But listen to what Gary Wilicox said when he claimed he saw two martians and talked with them on his farm. Or all the nasa artifacts. And from the tubes etc like Arthur Clarks says that is the "smoking gun" of mars images.

Are the ufo's all demons and do nothing but trickery? To suck us into their belief system?

Or are we ALL dependents from off-world civilizations? The different races from different planets.

I think Jesus is the greatest being that ever lived. And I believe he was resurrected.. Now I don't believe that the old testament had all the goods on truth. We really need accurate translations God willing. I am tired of getting fake truths like the book of mormon that have no evidence what so ever and the bible having at least cities that can be found.

So I do believe I can be decieved and I do believe that I want to learn the truth. But I don't want to be TOLD something is real only to find NOTHING exists from what was told me.

From what I've seen and read I think there is a civilization that lives underground based on images from the tubes of mars and Gary Wilcox, Ernest Norman's testimony and that nasa leaked photos. But if I learn that I"ve been hoaxed I we retract from what I say.

I just want the truth to come out about whether the ufos are demons or not. I am getting tired all the christians just claiming they are all demons and have faith that they are because the bible says it. I've seen the damage that can occur when religions states one thing is true and THAY DON'T PAN OUT. Faith can lead tons of people to a slippery slop of false knowledge.

So I am not debating whether there are ufo's, Linda Moulton Howe when you listen to her talks on Coast to Coast nailed it big time. The real question is. Can you trust them? Are some good, some bad? Which ones are the helpers in the spiritual sense of the word? If jesus is truly at the right hand of God, which beings (ufos) are on his side? Just because Jesus casted out demons from people's bodies, does NOT been all the ufo's are bad and demonic. That might be calling humans relatives demons which to me a wrong way to approaching getting people into religion.

Christianity is full of false teachers and when they say that Adam made of clay and Eve from adams rib is the way God wants that scripture written. I say Moses got that from a translations of an earlier version. And If I was to talk to him personally, I would think that he would agree with me if he is truthful !

edit on 5-12-2011 by thetiler because: spelling and grammar

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

I respect your beliefs...and even though I could go through line by line and give explainations to the contrary....I will not...as this is your belief or faith.

All I ask is that....reguardless of where or what it leads you to.....use logic to access for yourself what is or what is not or what could be.

I find no conflict in a persons belief or faith in a GOD....and a persons belief or drive to find out real fact by observation, experimentation, calculation and finally....definition.

There is NOTHING in the BIBLE that states that people should not strive to learn and find out for themselves the reality of the existing facts. Split Infinity

As Jesus said

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Your logic can be applied to Santa Claus. Millions of people talk about St. Nick, its a cross cultural phenomena that has existed for a very long time. But its myth. I do believe UFOs could exist. but so far other than stories and a few photos and videos that may or may not be real, there is no hard indisputable evidence. And, as you propose, if such a phenomena has been around for so long and has been seen by so many people, how is it that there is no hard evidence, no artifact, no biological evidence? I would love to see it, but even though I lean towards believing in UFOs, I have never seen anything that proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99

I never said that was proof. I was replying to those who comment that traveling the universe or multiverse if you will is impossible. You twisted my words around.

The non-believers will never have enough proof.

How many other impossibilities have we defeated in history?

Our race has gone from thinking the world was flat to putting a man on the moon in an eyeblink.

Yes, it is ignorant to think we are alone. I'll rely on common sense and logic to come to that conclusion.

But onto the topic of proof...

The proof is there if you look and have an open mind. What people want is confirmation from our govt. and if that's what people are waiting for and need, don't hold your breath!

I'm not a "believer" or a "non-believer". Belief should have nothing to do with this. We're not talking about a religion here.

I would rather "know" one way or the other, not simply believe.

As it is, I don't know anything for certain about alien visitation. Obviously I can't ever say it would be impossible for aliens to visit the Earth -- that would be silly to say something like that is "impossible". But at the same time, I have no reason to say that visitation is definitely happening, either.

edit on 12/5/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I wish there were more people like you in the way you think. You based a possibility of befief in a possible or impossible or even improbable or probable reality....on observation, logic, probability.....and perhaps more.

I have said MANY times....If proof is not given.....then you shoudn't believe it. But that does not mean that it does not have merit for a person to investigate based on probability of likelyhood or not.

Thanks. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

One thing I was going to add in my post above, but I'll do it here...

Considering how infinitesimally small the Earth is, and considering humans have only been around for 200,000 years (a blink of an eye compared to the age of the Earth), and our civilization for 1/10 as long as that, I would not find it surprising that even if there were aliens somehow traversing the galaxy, that they could have overlooked us -- overlooking us in both time and/or space.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
clearly positive results from SETI would have at least increased the prior (in the Bayesian sense) regarding "ETs are visiting Earth", however, despite pretty good searches and decades SETI has detected nothing.

If you think of evolutionary argumetnts, once interstellar colonization is possible and you consider the age of the galaxy, we should have detected ET civilization pretty soon after the first radio telescopes went online.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

One thing I was going to add in my post above, but I'll do it here...

Considering how infinitesimally small the Earth is, and considering humans have only been around for 200,000 years (a blink of an eye compared to the age of the Earth), and our civilization for 1/10 as long as that, I would not find it surprising that even if there were aliens somehow traversing the galaxy, that they could have overlooked us -- overlooking us in both time and/or space.

I will let you in on a secret......naw!.....not secret....but it might as well be. It is not a question of....is there life or even intelligent life out there? It is more of an issue that life as well as life that evolves to be intelligent....has a certain....WINDOW....of time in which they either evolve to a point where they can continue as a race by either using technical means to avoid extiction level events....such as a comet or asteroid or solar ejecta or planetary magnetic field failure.....etc....you get the idea....avoid this by using tech. to prevent it.....or....

....a race could expand outwardly and colonize first a moon...if they have one or more....then other planets within their solar system and "Terra Form".....or "Alien Planet Enviroment Form"....as to make those planets habitable.....then go Interstellar.....etc.....

Or...they could build space craft to serve as their own concept of HOME.

Point is....if you have a WINDOW of oppertunity that is lesser in length of time to the degree of which a intelligent race has yet to develop a way to save themselves....BY....BY!

So....it is not that intelligent life is rare....it is just....at what point in time do they live before possibly become extinct? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Very well said ,I applaud you sir , kudos....They are here.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
So....it is not that intelligent life is rare....it is just....at what point in time do they live before possibly become extinct? Split Infinity

Perhaps it is likely that countless civilizations have come and gone in the universe even before human civilization got its start...BUT, I think that given the size of the universe, there is almost certainly other intelligent life out their right now as we speak, living at the same time as our life here on Earth.

However, also given the vastness of the universe, it may be hard for that life to actually stumble upon us.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
Your logic can be applied to Santa Claus. Millions of people talk about St. Nick, its a cross cultural phenomena that has existed for a very long time. But its myth. I do believe UFOs could exist. but so far other than stories and a few photos and videos that may or may not be real, there is no hard indisputable evidence. And, as you propose, if such a phenomena has been around for so long and has been seen by so many people, how is it that there is no hard evidence, no artifact, no biological evidence? I would love to see it, but even though I lean towards believing in UFOs, I have never seen anything that proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

That isn't our falt. Get the military to pony up
Whistle blowers couldn't break their chain of command and get a lasso and bring the thing over his shoulder. When it speeds up and rope couldn't corral it
Plus,the captain would yell out to him insubordination

Anyway by the time you get to a crashed site the military would have it sign, sealed delivered i'm yours. Oops I mean it's theirs

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join