It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is about to go bankrupt (problem-reaction-solution)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Learn more here:

The International Forecaster
(audio: theinternationalforecaster.com...)

"The Creature From Jekyll Island", a lecture about the "Federal" "Reserve", by G. Edward Griffin
(his sites: www.realityzone.com..., www.freedomforceinternational.org...)

An American investor that has stopped investing in the US is_ Jim Rogers.

If you wonder why the illuminati is doing this, remember:

Problem, reaction, solution

What you should do to prepare: buy gold, because the dollar is going to become worthless.

(But bliss is on the way: www.mayanmajix.com...)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ermmm, question:

What has the New World Order and the so called "illuminati" have to do with this??

I never knew America was even on the brink of going bankrupt

[edit on 6-9-2004 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Question: Do other countries still owe us tankers full of cash or has every country been forgiven their cash debt to the U. S. ? Cause we can always call in a few markers......

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
sorry pal, but america is not about to go bankrupt, no matter how much you want it to. any debt we have is to ourself, as in we've used money from program X to fund something else so now program X has less money. even if we were about to go bankrupt we have several ways of preventing it. the amout of unneccessary money we spend (i.e. foreign aid to other countries, wastfeul spending on ridiculous and perhaps even legitimate research) is so much that all we'd have to do is cut back on the spending to essentially fix any monetary problems. we could also always call in our tabs from other countries...gasp oh no!.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
last time i checked America is a trillion dollar state

I doubt its going to go bankrupt anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What does this have to do with NWO? Why does everyone say we have a bad economy. If you take a look you will see our economy is gradually going up. There are new jobs being created, and the stock market is going up,and the growth rate is going up faster then ever.

How on earth could we be going bankrupt?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I never knew America was even on the brink of going bankrupt

i had a good laugh on that one

where have you been rip van winkle?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
i wouldn't expect anyone to be aware we're on the brink of bankruptcy because, afterall, we're not.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
it is funny to say that, the US on verge of bankruptcy hahahahaha sum how i dont think so, in a sense there in the minus on what they would like too do on a whole but i suppose aid to other countries is a start to get out of it , all come's down to better managment of the country and no more terrorist attacks which has crippled things on the US and taken its agenda back a few yrs

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Actually there is alot of realistic thought on this topic as potential reality.

I have listened to all the Jekyll Island recordings, and even made a post here some time back somewhere about ' The Bankrupsy of the United States ' or on that line.

This doesnt mean that I am selling everything and buying gold to stash in the hills.

It does mean that I am aware of my situation, and take my financial risks based on my tolerance levels.

But if you look into the valuation of the USD, and see how it related to foreign countries investing in the US, and who is paying for the Federal Govmt budgets, you may be more suprised than you think. The USD is teetering on an edge, that has been there for many years. (I dont see it falling off immediatly though, just a slow gradual decline barring any turn of events or actions by others that would change it all for the better)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's true, the US owes far more money to the rest of the world than the rest of the world owes the US.

Its just like being in personal debt. But a person can be in debt and not be bankrupt if he has a job. The problem in the US is that most of the manufacturing has now moved off shore. The US imports nearly everything these days. Most of the US jobs are in the service industry, not in manufacturing or creating exports. While this creates income for individual Americans, it does not create income for America.

Why ? many reasons. The greenies and environmental legislation, high wage demands by Americans, tough unions, and an unwillingness by most wealthy to invest in long term risky industries in America. If you have money to invest, why start a business and fight the unions and legislation ?? why not just gamble it on the stock market ? Buy shares in Enron and double your money in six months without working.

Think about it. If you work in a supermarket, or in the entertainment industry, or a thousand other things, and then you spend your money on imported goods, the money goes overseas.

This means the US is importing far more than it exports, which is why it owes so much. This is causing the US dollar to fall in value, and why gasoline (for one thing) is becoming more expensive.

As the value of the US dollar falls, and interest rates fall, foreigners will pull their money out of American investments. This will lead to a recession and eventually a depression.

It is a fact that the net worth of the average American is now less than zero. This has never happened before. In the past Americans saved and had assets. Now everything is paid for with loans and credit. How much do you have in the bank ? How much do you owe ? If you sold absolutely everything you owned, would it pay all your debts ??? Think about it.

While there are many millionaires and billionaires in America, the average guy is technically broke.

Another little illusion:

If I pick up a fallen leaf in the street, and sell it to my next door neighbor for ten cents. Then I buy it back for twenty cents. Then he buys it again from me for forty cents, and so on for a whole year.

At any time, we can both truthfully say that every time we sell that leaf we are doubling our money. That leaf is going to make me and my neighbor millionaires, and neither of us has to work to do it. That little leaf is the financial secret behind unlimited wealth creation............ there is only one little problem, see if you can figure it out.

In America today nobody sells leaves, but they are selling houses and stocks to each other hoping to get rich by just swapping pieces of paper. That little game cannot go on forever either.....see if you can figure out why.

So laugh as much as you want, reality will strike very swiftly when it comes. It is going to hit most of us that are not prepared pretty hard. And soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
People don't seem to understand how economics work. Yes, America is severely in debt. However, The US dollar is used worldwide, which is why the US can run a trade deficit with near impunity. America's wealth is spread through every major nation in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
People don't seem to understand how economics work. Yes, America is severely in debt. However, The US dollar is used worldwide, which is why the US can run a trade deficit with near impunity. America's wealth is spread through every major nation in the world.

The dollar is only used because it is seen as a safe store of value. Once it starts falling it will lose it's attractiveness and people will happily switch to the Euro, gold etc. A falling dollar will then effectively reduce the debt, which is held in dollars, but it will also drive up inflation... and that's just the trade deficit we're talking about.

Then you've got the roughly 8 trillion on private debt and 10 trillion federal debt. (US GDP is around 10 trillion per year.. by comparison) with nearly 50% of that debt is owed to foreigners.

it all adds up and while it's fair to say the US won't go bankrupt, as such, it is going to come back to haunt you eventually, in the form of greater foreign ownership and influence over US business, higher taxes, and inflation.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe this will came as news to some but the us government has an outstanding debt of over 7 trillion usd that�s being financed mostly by countries like china, japan and saudi arabia. So the idea of an imminent bankruptcy is not so outlandish as it may seem... all that would need to happen is some of those countries start dumping their holdings.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yes that is correct.

The US dollar has been recognized as the worlds universal currency, and every country has to generate real goods and services to exchange for the pieces of paper that the Federal Reserve just prints for nothing. That is why the US has been so prosperous up until now. The US can import oil and other valuable goods and pay for it with just bits of paper.

When Nixon discovered that the Vietnam war had bankrupted America back in 1971, he removed the gold backing of the US peso...... er I mean the US dollar. When the rest of the world wakes up, the US dollar will fall to its real value of just about zero.

Would you work a 40 hour week plus overtime, to be paid in a few pieces of newspaper that someone had just cut up with a pair of scissors ? Or would you insist on receiving something of real value, like food, gasoline, or a small gold or silver coin.

Suppose the countries like Japan and China say we don't want any more green paper, we want gold, or Euros. America has nothing of value that any other country really needs or wants. That is what being poor is. Having nothing of value that anyone else wants.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
it can be that the whole western world is falling, and once the US will fall if it is within 10 years or 100 or even a 1000 it will happen. This are only signs that it will happen

when? who knows?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
ive been predicting this for years, i mean, what goes up has to come down sometime, and i think not only and economic crash, but a crash on society and gov. itself. i dont know when this is going to happen, but soon. by the way, jt was right, we all do need to buy bicycles, cause we are going to get hit hard when it happens.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ummm, the USA is ALREADY bankrupt! There is no gold to back the money being printed, they just keep printing it. The US will NEVER be able to even pay the intrest on what it owes itself.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Umm don't look now but most of the world's reserve banks have been selling the US dollar and buying Euros for the past four years. The US dollar has lost 40% of its value in the last 4 years. That means everything you own denominated in US dollars has lost 40% of its value in real terms. And this is with Japan and China artificially propping up the dollar. Once the Yuan floats the US dollar will likely lose another 50% of its current value.

The country is not going bankrupt but there will definately be a reduction in the standard of living for the working masses in the coming years, or should I say loss of potential standard of living. Look around at every other industrialised nation and you will see what you have lost and what the government has taken away.

For a hint Buffet has been selling dollars and buying up foreign currencies also for the past 3 years. Whether it be a setup for a single world currency or a simple redistribution of wealth from the US consumer to an elite few, the rug has been pulled while we have been distracted with "terrorists" and Iraq.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
america is going to go bankrupt in the autumn this year. it has been predicted in the bible codes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join