It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: No indication drone in Iran was shot down..."We lost the drone"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Wiki

An Al Jazeera report suggests that the drone had been brought down by a virtual attack from Iran's cyberwarfare unit, after taking control of it.
Gettin tired of repeating myself in all these threads.

The UAV was hacked and forced to land.

Then you shouldn't repeat it so much if you're tired.

Also, the link you are providing uses the term "Suggests".

That doesn't really make it "Fact" does it?

We will never know the truth because we are not meant to know as we don't matter.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh this is getting ever so more pathetic. Just look at all the sheit Iran has to withstand when US "looses" spying machines in the proximity of their nuclear reactors.

Or maybe it was the aliens that teleported it from Afghanistan to the nearest place there are still decent human beings left? That could indeed be counted as loosing it..
edit on 4-12-2011 by varikonniemi because: grammars

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Maybe Iran didn't shoot it down!

Maybe China with it's LASERS that they use to BLIND US spy satellites could of shot it down from a HUGE distance away!

Personal Disclosure: Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd US drone that has been shot down/lost over Iran?

Iran Allows Russian Techs to Visit Downed US Drones? Seriously? (by buni11687 posted on 29-6-2011 @ 03:06 AM) [ATS]

Russian military experts have visited what Tehran says is several downed US drone aircrafts - conducting a technical analysis on the remains, FARS news agency has reported.

***************************************************************************************

A high ranking Iranian military official told FARS, a team of Russian experts have paid a visit to Iran in recent days to study the remains of US manufactured drones which have been brought down by Iranian Armed Forces. The drones were reportedly flying within Iranian controlled areas in the Persian Gulf, IRGC commander, Amir Ali Hajizadeh told reporters.

Please refer to linked ATS thread for further information!

Or is this at least 6 month OLD NEWS finally coming to light in the USA?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Wiki

An Al Jazeera report suggests that the drone had been brought down by a virtual attack from Iran's cyberwarfare unit, after taking control of it.

We will never know the truth because we are not meant to know as we don't matter.

I'll repeat if I damn well please. So don't go trying to bust my balls.

That's what I believe. They hacked it and forced it to land. A damn teenager can hack into the pentagon and you think Iran's cyber warfare unit can't hack into a UAV? Please...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Oh no! Not the drones! We lost an rc plane? omg... the horror.. and Iran.. you guys are eeeeeeevil. eeeeeeeevil I tell you. The tyranny! The the.. inhumanity! One second I have to weep. Oh agony, agony, Tears and depression, depression, agony.. doom, doom, doom.. *blows nose*

Yawn..Ok I feel better now. Welp, send another up.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I believe theoretical navigation is waypoint based,in other words they navigate point to point on a map. Much of the flight is (or all) is automated. I do recall a story about the Russians giving Iran.some advanced em gear.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sorry, you quoted from Wikipedia, and the comments there were modified on December 4, 2011! Immediately as this "news" is breaking!!

The *fact* that it is in Wikipedia that Iran "hacked" into the flying software of that drone is ludicrous, in the extreme.

Any "hacking" being done is by whomever added those bits to Wikipedia. You don't think any agents in the Iranian Government know how to do that, by any chance? Yes, they can also read and write and speak English, too.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Back in the cold are days, we USC to probe the defenses of Russian airspace in order to gather intelligence on their defensive capabilities.

We would record their radar telemetry, radio signals, time to scramble their alert fighters,etc. This may have been a test of the Iranians air defense on their eastern flank.

Or it may just be a fubar mission. Only a select few actually know what the real deal is.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think it would have been embarrassing and sad had this been a PILOTED aircraft, Ala Gary Powers. These drones are made to be expendable, no humans were harmed in the filming of this episode.

But I bet they got some valuable Intel...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Wiki

I'll repeat if I damn well please. So don't go trying to bust my balls.

That's what I believe. They hacked it and forced it to land. A damn teenager can hack into the pentagon and you think Iran's cyber warfare unit can't hack into a UAV? Please...

Wow! So your theory on this, along with an article that "Suggests" is the rule here. Ok...got it.

And yes, you can repeat anything for however long and as many times as you want. You sounded tired of doing it so I suggested a rest...

Anyhoo...As I have mentioned so many times in this thread...YES, anything is possible. You believe in the hacking theory and I don't believe in coincidence. Nuff said.

We all gotta keep an open mind.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Explanation: St*rred!

Please use this ...

ATS Search [ask.abovetopsecret.com]

And please input these EXACT search terms ...

us china chips hardware

And you will suddenly have all the info you require to shut the naysayers up!

Personal Disclosure: Good Luck!

P.S.
at the naysayers!

edit on 4-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the pic as an example.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by Jepic

Sorry, you quoted from Wikipedia, and the comments there were modified on December 4, 2011! Immediately as this "news" is breaking!!

The *fact* that it is in Wikipedia that Iran "hacked" into the flying software of that drone is ludicrous, in the extreme.

Any "hacking" being done is by whomever added those bits to Wikipedia. You don't think any agents in the Iranian Government know how to do that, by any chance? Yes, they can also read and write and speak English, too.

Good Catch...didn't see the date.

US or Iranian edits? That would be the question.

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just because 9/11 was an inside job does not mean this couldn't be a coincidence!

.............!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

P.S.
at the naysayers!

Yes, how "obvious". Articles in the news media, and spotted and then posted on ATS, about "fake" computer chips out of China, used by the U.S. military. Articles from how many months ago?

And yet, the *stoopid* military keep using the drones that are purported to have these "backdoor" flaws in the chips, making them vulnerable to hacking? No one in the top brass thought to check this out, and correct any "flaws" before continuing to use the drones?

Man.....adds another meaning to that famous oxymoron -- "Military Intelligence".

I mean.....seriously??

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just hope Iran invites experts from
China AND Russia to reverse engineer the surviving tech

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It is possible that this drone was brought down by the Iranians, but there are many more possible angles.

For example: the US is testing the Iranian air defense in preparation for instituting a no-fly zone. If this is the case a stripped-down drone may have been used. The whole purpose being to see how far into Iran they could get. Maybe they add in some BS hardware just to throw off the guys trying to reverse engineer the thing. They think they have these drones figured out and it creates a false sense of confidence. An overconfident enemy is a weakened enemy.

I like to think that our generals and strategists are much more clever than most people here give credit for. I'm sure there are occasional blunders, but I don't see this as one of them. I don't think the guys running the show here in the US are my friends by any stretch, but I do respect their cunning and their ability to look at the long game. It may not happen today or even next year, but it seems that they usually get what they want in the end. They're thinking in years and decades, not days and months.

George junior's war is a good example of carefully orchestrated, long game thinking against Iraq.
edit on 4-12-2011 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2011 by ShockTruther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
maybe it became disillusioned and defected, hoping for a less complicated life.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
They "lost" a drone right before 9/11 too. so they said. It was reported on the morning of 9/11 that Iraq "shot" it down. It was a Global Hawk.

So I wonder if the term "we lost a drone" is code word for, "start the operations"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShockTruther

If the US wanted to test Iran's capabilities to detect US stealth technology, at least the original design/shape, engine and skin coating would be top notch. There is no sense in sending a striped down stealth UAV to test Iran's capabilities.

EDIT to add. Iran has bought some very sophisticated radars from the Ukrainians. www.rense.com...

These radars are way better at detecting high/low radio frequencies than the American AWACS are capable of. So finding the correct signal controlling the RQ-170 might not have been so hard for the Iranians to do.

But where the Kolchuga has the greatest advantages is its ability to identify accurately radio objects thanks to unique algorithms and hi-tech equipment. In particular, the mean square deviation in frequency measurement - the most informative parameters for identifying types of spotted radio objects - is 0.4MHz in the Kolchuga. It is 0.5MHz - 1.0MHz in the Russian Vega, 1.0MHz in the U.S. AWACS, and as much as 3.6MHz - 21.0MHz in the Czech Vera.

Here is aimage of Irans self build Kolchuga EMS/radar system.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join