It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro and a description

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I have been trolling the forums for years now, and I finally decided to jump into the fray.

I'm not going to reveal my *legal* name here just yet, but I want to describe myself so that you all can have a better understanding of who I am and why I have the views that I will be sharing with you all throughout the future.

I am a 28-yr old West Virginian. I have two Bachelor Degrees in Engineering from WVU (2007), have worked in Engineering and IT in the private sector and in public education. My parents both worked in the county education system where I grew up (not as teachers, but as staff), so I'm pretty well versed in the issues that are plaguing the "system" as it currently exists.

I was raised in a more-or-less baptist church, where as a youth I worked with preschool children teaching them the basic ideals and moral codes that are the foundation for a "good" christian life. I do not currently attend a church nor claim any particular religion/doctrine. I do believe in a higher power, but the rest of that though is better discussed in a separate thread.

I have lost my job a few times, but have never been on welfare (although I have used my unemployment benefits, which is totally different than US welfare). I am not one of the type of people (and I'm sure you know at least two) that thinks that I am above doing any type of work. Yes, I have advanced degrees, but I am still capable of working a register (and have had to in the past to make ends meet when I was not eligible for UC benefits).

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
S&F!
Great introduction, hope to see good content from yhou!

Welcome to AT~S

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, Mord. Hope to see you around.

With two degrees, you should have more than enough to contribute. Freethinkers welcome!

join