It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more fish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The obvious question is nothing to do with the number of fish. These photos do not indicate anything at all that is to do with the number of fish.

The photo shows smaller fish, for some reason that we are left to wonder.

So, why are the fish smaller? Any discussion on the number of fish increasing or decreasing is off topic because the picture only shows smaller fish, not more or fewer. If you rather discuss that topic, start a new thread with an article that is relevant to that topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I see what you're saying the fish were huge back then it seems like. However I have fished in the Atlantic, and there are huge fish there. Go surfing there are thousands of fish riding the waves with you.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Its a good laugh because the fish will come back....
when the humans are gone.

You know its true.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I have a couple of problems with this. The pictures do not look similar at all. Not the same hanging board at all.

Second, clearly the smaller fish in the second picture are not the same type of fish that are in the first. In the past couple of years, I have went out in the Gulf of Mexico and brought back grouper that were that size. Plenty of them.

All, look closely at the bottom of the rack in the first picture. Those small fish down there are the same breed of fish in the second picture. Notice they are the same size. Oh...and we all know sharks vary in species and size as well.

We may be losing the fish population due to over fishing....and we are making advances in that area with the use of closed system fish farming.

This picture proves nothing...it is misleading. There are still plenty of fish in the sea...and you can catch them if you hold your mouth right.
edit on 5-12-2011 by ATC_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I have done some light research into this and as far as i can tell then the smaller size is as the OP states, beacuse of over fishing, which results in all the mature fish being cought, leaving only small immature fish left.

This is what has happend to alot of the fishing grounds of the world, only young fish, who are not yet developed get overfished, and due to their small size more is needed, and as more is needed less fish are left to reproduce. Its an evil cycle of overfishing that we have been doing for a while.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

I have a couple of problems with this. The pictures do not look similar at all. Not the same hanging board at all.

You REALLY expect to see the same wooden board still there 50 years on

IMO the thread does not rely on the pics anyways..
I know from personal experience that the fish are dissappearing..
I can see that having walked the same pier in the late 60's and again this year..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustme333

My point is that you cannot look at the pictures and go.....YEP!! That is the same peir. You are grasping at straws to even bring up such a silly arguement to my post.

Try again....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join