It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo false headlines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yahoo news has as of right now "Iran shoots down U.S. drone" as one of their lead headlines. The article inside reads "U.S. official says no sign Iran shot down drone".

Spinning up the public for a strike against Iran? Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Iran stated they shot a drone down, the US is saying they did not. How is Yahoo posting false headlines?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think if were US propaganda to justify an attack on Iran, we wouldn't be denying that they shot one down.. I think we'd spin it in a different way if that were the case.

I don't think the US truly wants a conflict with Iran right now.. it wouldn't benefit us in any way, it would only further damage our economy, it would only further diminish the reputation of the current administration.. there's all sorts of negatives and no positives .. logically it just doesn't make sense.

I think if we truly wanted a war with Iran, we wouldn't be skirting around .. it would have happened already..
edit on 12/4/2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Shock horror a headline designed to get you to read.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good OP

The problem is sensationalism (found in the title of the article) the product of the problem, I do believe, is the spin you refer to. I see this sort of thing in mainstream news: Posting a title as a statement instead of a question. However, in this case it seems laughable just how exactly opposing the title and the content are to each other.

Anyhow, great observation.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod
Iran stated they shot a drone down, the US is saying they did not. How is Yahoo posting false headlines?

Since when does the US post Iranian news as its headlines?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If there is no indication that Iran did other than they say so and officials are stating it crashed why would Yahoo say they shot it down and not that it crashed or that Iran claims to have shot down drone.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It is not Yahoo that made the article and headline.. It is Rueters.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yahoo ....!
Funny .........
How make this posible.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
yahoo for you most important ur all add right.
another bad impression on user's........

edit on 5-12-2011 by eduWare because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
All this shows is the hypocrisy of the west. Iran has an accident, the u.s. says iran must be covering it up and it was the mossad. Then the u.s. warplane gets shot down and they deny it was a military strike. Someone is being dishonest, and while it could be that iran is the dishonest one but the u.s. has the longer record of being psychotic.

top topics

join