It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If Your Flight Was Hijacked?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The purpose of this thread was to give people the opportunity reason out what their reaction might be in the very unlikely event that they found themselves in this situation.

Perhaps we need to remember that we really don't know what we will actually do when yesterday's lunch hits the fan, but giving it some serious consideration is a helpful exercise.

The likelihood that we will all find ourselves in a violent circumstance at some time in our lives should give us good reason to keep fit and to learn how to be alert in all situations.

This does not mean being a Walter Mitty, constantly living in one heroic daydream or another. But everyone should make a kind of mental plan of what they can realistically do in an emergency, even if it is only to keep quiet and stay the heck out of the way while others get somthing done.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

Ya know Grady.. as much as I totaly disagree with several of your views as I am sure you do mine.. I absoulty must applaude this post of yours, simply could not have expressed it better.

Wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

the terrorists that flew the planes into the WTC didn't look like islamic fundamentalists, they were out getting drunk, doing drugs and going to lapdance clubs in florida so they would not arouse suspicion.

They didn't do these things because they didn't want to arouse suspicion... I can't tell you how many times I'd fly Saudia airlines (of Saudi Arabia) and see muslims go up to the bar (men only, they had some of the jets with the little lounge upstairs) and drink as soon they were no longer over the holy land. I'd also hear quite a few tales of their exploits when out of holy ground.... And this was the MODERATE nonviolent muslims. I can only fathom the same of the MILITANT ones would do, knowing they are on a mission to die....

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wraith30
I absoulty must applaude this post of yours, simply could not have expressed it better.

Thank you, Wraith.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'd just try to neutralize the enemies and not allow them to take over
Or I'd try to notify security guards if they were still alive

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Since I've never seen anyone mention it... first thing I'd do (other than the pissing thing) is grab my shield... the same one that everyone on the plane has. The seat cushion that can be used as a floatation device. It's a few inches thick, and I don't believe that a box cutter could penetrate all the way through it. So, other than the "none of us really know" issue... I think I'd jump up and grab my seat cushion and yell for all the other men to grab their seats as well, and rush 'em. If they want to stab me, they'll probably have to to reach around me (since my front will be fairly well blocked), at which point I'd fall on top of them anyway and they'd be toast at the hands of the other men on board.

Plus, I always have a pen or keys on me too, so other than the many weapons you can find on board, I'm equipped (for eye stabbing that is). I dunno that I'd be able to take anyone out... in fact it's doubtful. But they'd be pretty screwed with my interference and then what the other guys would do to em.

Or plan B is that anytime in the future I go to fly... keep a package of ham in my pocket and when they stand up to hijack, open the package and start chuckin' it... good luck obtaining "heaven" or whatever it is, if you're tainted goods. And the bonus aspect is if you combine plan A & B, they'll just die being tainted... no martyrdom.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would use the complementary knife that they give for meals on the flight to regain control of the plane. Then if all goes well hopefully safely land the plane.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would seriously fight them to the bitter end with out any regrets

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Tachyon: I'd do that too... but I only tend to fly Southwest... so no meals.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScislaC

LOL, just grab your wife's (or g/f's) makeup kit and take the mirror out and break the glass to fashion yourslef a nice blade.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON

Originally posted by ScislaC

LOL, just grab your wife's (or g/f's) makeup kit and take the mirror out and break the glass to fashion yourslef a nice blade.

"Whoa... Death by compact." Ok, sorry for the weak Lost Boys reference...

BUT, my wife sells Mary Kay, so she could arm half the flight!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Nice ScislaC, that way after the plane has been regained control of, we use that Mary Kay lipstick and write "terrorists suck" on their dead bodies and flyover board a rogue terrorist state and dump their bodies from the sky. Man ive watched ConAir too many times.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd go for the hijackers, and wouldn't stop beating them till I died. I'm not the kind of person who likes not doing anything about things, and I'd dead just the same, so I think I'll try to start a riot against them... I mean, 200 passengers versus a few men, I guess it's worth it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd like to think that I'd have enough self control to take stock of the situation, and do something rational.

Of course, knowing myself, I'd do something dumb and irrational, forgetting about the dirty diaper.
. I'd much rather go down fighting, the be one of the scared to death. (I'm a good ol' boy from way back), and not being bright enough to think about it, I'd probably try to rush 'em. There's always time to get the shakes after the smoke clears..

6'2 230, and had my share of fights. Sitting there worrying isn't an option.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by metallion
I'd like to think that I'd have enough self control to take stock of the situation, and do something rational.

I'd really like to see more people consider the options of collective action. On most flights, there are quite a few people even if the flight isn't full. Unless the flight was a redeye to Las Vegas full of widowed retirees
, there would be others who could help.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well knowing what we now know I would do everything within my power to Kill them. Your instinct to survive can quickly overcome your fear of death. I would not go quietly, when to strike would be my only decision I would need to make.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's easy to sit behind a computer and say
'I'd do this .... or .... I'd do that' .

If it were to really happen (God forbid)
none of us can say for sure how we'd react.

We know what we'd want to do ... but
could we actually do it when the situation
came up? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

It's better for terrorists to here in NEWS

Terrorists all killed by the passengers of flight 888.
Civilians take law into their own hands.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would fight to the bitter end.

After calling my family and telling them what I am going to do, may even leave the channel open, or not cos that might scare them to hear me fighting and then gun fire.

But I would fight.

I aint gonna sit in silence,
I'm not going to live with fear.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
first i would put on my mask. then I would overcome the terrorists with my speed and agility. then i would beat them up and lock them in the cabin. then i would land the plane to safety, while the president is getting ready to award me the medal of honor and the key to the country, which is made of chocolate btw.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join