It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do If Your Flight Was Hijacked?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Errr...we could all stop flying....and maybe save the planet as well on the rebound.
Damn aviation fumes. I'm sure you'll all agree with that....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Now days, you either kill the terrorists or be killed.

Most men today would just kill the terrorists.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Intelearthling
12) Avoid being intoxicated (any level),before the flight and during the flight. Reaction time and reflexes is going to be an extreme determining factor between life and death.

This is true of any emergency and I personally believe that alcoholic beverages should not be available in airports or on airplanes and intoxicated persons should not be allowed to board aircraft.

I can't say that I've never drank anything or even been drunk before on an airplane. I've been so drunk on airplanes, I was barely able to walk upon reaching my destination. But not since 9/11. I'll never take a drink on any flight because of this fact.

Plus, no one should "act as a hero". These terrorists want to provoke arrogance so they can make an example out these"heroes". I'm not saying sit and cower in fear. I'm saying that we need to act when the right time arises, with a carefully, thought out plan. I know plenty of heroes in my eyes because of their bravery and willingness to act in emergency situations, but you'll never hear them call themselves a hero because they don't think they are. They just react to certain situations with unparalleled selflessness.

And having a knowledge of self-defense is a must when dealing with these people. They may be third-world low-lifes, but they're not untrained.

P.S. I prefer Krav Maga myself, it's a no-nonsense approach to self-defense.

[edit on 6/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well considering the US had the �Don�t negotiate with Terrorists� policy before 9/11, I would have jump them. If the hi-jacker�s got guns, your screwed because theirs no way they can get guns on the plane unless something bigger was going on.
Also I pretty sure fire extinguishers are on the plane. If they got box-cutters, well they cant slice you if they cant see. Spray the fire extinguisher in the face of the terrorist. Once he�s blinded, smack him in the head with the fire extinguisher and knock him out. 1 down, ? many to go.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gehirne
I dunno how the terrorists got to the damn cockpit, personally.

"We have box cutters! Take a step closer, and we'll slice you! And then pour salt in the wound and it will REALLY hurt!"

Not to make light of the situation, but really, I was really pissed at the Terrorists for doing what they did, but I was more angry at the American's that didn't take action.

Even if the situation was being hostages, I'd rather die for honour and country than be barganing chips which would like, free up terrorists we have in custody for my safe return.

For some reason the media used the term box cutter and ran with it, the truth is that at that time the airlines allowed knives with a certain length blade, say a blade 1 1/2 inches long stab someone with force and it is going to go in further than that length and could do real damage, also you can definitely cut someone throat with a blade that long. The terrorists had knives, maybe the airlines classified a knife of a certain length a box cutter but the terrorist had knives not a typical box cutter. I will look for data as to what size knife and get back to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Really do we have any choice? We would have to go for it. ANy plane that deviates from its course will be shot down with little or no warning. I think our only option would be "Lets Roll" and kick some ass

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
If you believe that 911 was staged this whole line of debate is sort of like debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. If the planes were reprogrammend remotely by the military, then NONE of this ever happened this way. It is sort of like discussing the Elvis assassination in Las Vegas. It never happened.

Discussing it without keeping that in mind reinforces in people's minds what may be a totally bogus explanation for the events on 911.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Discussing it without keeping that in mind reinforces in people's minds what may be a totally bogus explanation for the events on 911.

Slank, there are alot on unanswered questions about 911, but those planes were piloted into thier targets and those people did actually die. We can debate the cause ie: Mossad False Flag operation or other things, but the remote control plane / differnt plane thories have been proven false on this board and others.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Of course, it would be a real pi**** if it does turn out that flight 93 was shot dwn just as the cockpit was secured...

Just a thought.

COMSEUR

comseur.lloydsmods.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I would probably do what most non-wimps wouldn't, try to kick their ass lol. But yes, after drinking the sprite or coke or whatever they give you, I'd be pretty wet and smelly... =(
Then the F-16 comes and blows us outta the sky for aborting the mission...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Personally, I think I think if every passenger between the ages of 18 and 65 were issued a .357 magnum 2.5" revolver loaded with frangible ammuniton, there would never be another hijacking.

[edit on 04/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

Considering how ovten people get drunk on flights I don't think this is the wisest course of action.

As for what would I do if in that situation. The most honest answer would be to say that I would act on instint and reflex. As I have posted several times i have studied martial arts all my life. I am constantly training to react to what may happen and when asked what would I do in situation "X". In my life I have been in only one real fight where I was forced to defend myself, before that I was able to talk my way out of or simply walk away from every situation.

In that one attack I did not think, I simply acted. That Good'Ol Southern Texas boy was culred up in a broken mass in the corner of the room. Funny thing is, that was bout 10 years ago and even though he attacked me I still sorta feel bad about hurting him. Now, in a plane, against terrorists, who knows... close quarter fighting is very differant... I would like to say I would be the stand up guy and save the people arround me, but to say my reaction would be A, B and C would be inaccurate.

wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

And having a knowledge of self-defense is a must when dealing with these people. They may be third-world low-lifes, but they're not untrained.

P.S. I prefer Krav Maga myself, it's a no-nonsense approach to self-defense.

[edit on 6/9/04 by Intelearthling]

Krav Maga is pretty hard core.. I have some frineds who do that.. very effective. I am a bit too much of a traditionalist to enjoy it though. I prefer Goshin Ju-Jitsu, Tang Soo Do, and Tai Chi for it's soft techniques, choaks, and joint locks. But Muai Thai, Kung Fu, and Shoin Ryu for the hard forms with the body harding and pressure points.

Wraith

[edit on 7-9-2004 by wraith30]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'd round up some other passengers (though eye contact and nods if needed) and start some pounding. I might die trying, but it's better than dying and taking others on the ground with me...

I've lived with these types before. They only have bravery when they believe they have a decided advantage. When threatened, they are basically all cowards.

Personally, I don't see how they could hijack anything with box cutters. I used to be a stockman while in school, and while they'd hurt, they're unlikely to cause death or even serious incapacitation unless they can get an artery or something....
I'd simply undo my shoelaces, braid them together, and use it as a garrotte on one of these mofos, using him as a human shield while he choked....but that's just me...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The way I see it is like this:

Many reports state that on the morning of 9/11 that the hijackers killed, quite viciously and bloodily, a couple of flight attendants. At that time it did the desired thing and scared the crew and passengers into thinking of themselves. At that point nobody on the flight knew they were toast anyway, so they sat there anticipating a stand off on some deserted runway somewhere.

However, if it were to go down today, knowing what we know from 9/11, you'd literally have a line of guys waiting to 'prove their mettle'. It gives me no pleasure to say it, but I'd definitely be in that line hoping to be the guy splashed over the papers next day for saving XXXX number of lives and killing a few islamic fundamentalists with zero reprecussions.

Shoes, waliing sticks, cabin stow-away doors, there are so many possible weapons on a commercial airliner you'd have to be blind and stupid to not find one almost instantly.

This is of course provided that the hijackers were only armed with knives at best. I'm pretty sure that most guys willing to stand up against them, with full adrenalin flowing, would easily overpower any number of would be box-cutter terrorists today.

HTMB

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
what the hells that racist nonsense on that website?

the terrorists that flew the planes into the WTC didn't look like islamic fundamentalists, they were out getting drunk, doing drugs and going to lapdance clubs in florida so they would not arouse suspicion.

do you personally know any muslims ??? I do and they are nothing like the terrorists you are looking for.

And richard Reid was WHITE for god's sake

one thing is clear..........they're a hell of a lot cleverer than 90% of their enemies

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's easy to sit behind a computer and say
'I'd do this .... or .... I'd do that' .

If it were to really happen (God forbid)
none of us can say for sure how we'd react.

We know what we'd want to do ... but
could we actually do it when the situation
came up? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Know EXACLTY how I'd react! 20 years of martial arts study and practice has me well prepared to defend myself. I look at it this way... they are extremists and terrorists who are willing to die for their cause and are likely planning on taking me with them. Fine, they're gonna die trying... even if it means that I might die trying to prevent it.

IN short, I'd rip the guy's frikkin' arm off and beat him to death with it!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Know EXACLTY how I'd react! 20 years of martial arts study and practice has me well prepared to defend myself. I look at it this way... they are extremists and terrorists who are willing to die for their cause and are likely planning on taking me with them. Fine, they're gonna die trying... even if it means that I might die trying to prevent it.

IN short, I'd rip the guy's frikkin' arm off and beat him to death with it!

20 years of study should tell you that no situation can be planed for exactly. You cannot know "Exactly" how you would react becasue you do not know exaclty what they may be cappable of. 20 years of study should tell you to never underestimate any opponent.

I have no doubt that you may be well trained and capable of defending yourself against the average attacker. What concerns me is your post has a air of bravado that suggests a lack of controle. If I may ask, what forms have you studied?

Wraith

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I doubt they would find ANY flight easy to highjack today.

knowing you are gonna die if you DONT do something is a great motivater.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The purpose of this thread was to give people the opportunity reason out what their reaction might be in the very unlikely event that they found themselves in this situation.

Perhaps we need to remember that we really don't know what we will actually do when yesterday's lunch hits the fan, but giving it some serious consideration is a helpful exercise.

The likelihood that we will all find ourselves in a violent circumstance at some time in our lives should give us good reason to keep fit and to learn how to be alert in all situations.

This does not mean being a Walter Mitty, constantly living in one heroic daydream or another. But everyone should make a kind of mental plan of what they can realistically do in an emergency, even if it is only to keep quiet and stay the heck out of the way while others get somthing done.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join