It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it spring already??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well to start this off, I'm from Florence Alabama.. It is currently 72 degrees outside at the beginning of december, and has been like this for a while. Now I may be wrong but this isn't right.. NEVER in my past years have I been cleaning out my car at the beginning of december in gym shorts and a white t shirt and still sweating.. I wouldn't doubt that the real reason all of these CEO's are dying and such is because they are on their way to mars.. And were being left here to fight a war and basically restart the earth. Outlandish theory but good grief.. It's STILL hot. Is anyone else experiencing unusually warm weather?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

It's 15 degrees and snowing where I am at the moment. Supposed to be below 0 tonight. And I'm in the NW US at only 2500 feet elevation.

It's called La Nina

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Where getting almost at the climax of the solar maximum

after she goes back down you will see more weather patterns your used too.

Nothing to fear , enjoy it while you can
coming from canada and crazy snow trust its not so bad lol

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Mail some of that snow please, I would enjoy it. Makes me feel better knowing it's just that Alabama has lame weather.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Warmer and just rainy here in Chicago. I have noticed it's a bit warm this year, not enough to be alarmed. I have heard of La Nina, so maybe that's the oddity in our senses.

Certainly not spring yet, and I have ALSO heard talk of 86+ inches of snow expected this year in my area, DUE to this excess warmth.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

First snow of the year on the Ben for us. 3 dec C at 3pm this afternoon.

A little later than last year.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Spring? Some of my plants think so. After the cold snap, the forsythia is blooming again and some of the daffodils are emerging to. Guess it hardened them off enough that now we go some 40-50 degree days they got a jump start. I'm in E KY, and we do get off the wall weather all the time, so some variances don't surprise me. But plants emerging out of season does catch me off guard. Farmer's almanac predics more ice less snow for our area. So making sure we are stocked up on kerosene and batteries.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's interesting that some of the harshest winters on record followed a warm oct, nov and early december. Be prepared for a severe but short winter to be on the safe side

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
30 degrees F here in Iowa. We've had a couple of skiffs of snow lately, but nothing significant. Oddly, that's becoming the norm for this area. I know for a fact ( I was there) that there used to be snow on the ground by the end of November.

We did get hit with some bad storms last year. Generally, though, the winter weather season has been short compared to what I remember as a kid. And it's not just the difference between being a kid and an adult. I remember one winter recently when we didn't get snow until Christmas.

Whether it's due to global warming, sun spots or just natural cycles, the weather is changing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here in my Kentucky location its been such a nice day!

65 degrees and a warm wind blowing!

Woke up this morning to have my first cigarette of the day (outside)

had a warm gust of wind hit me, and I closed my eyes took a deep breath and thought
"mmmmm Florida"

Sadly I was still half asleep and not in Florida
lol

Last night and the past several nights have been FREEZING! In the low 30's to high 20's (Fahrenheit)

But I can testify that the warm wind is starting to become more and more powerful and not so warm... by 7pm it will prolly be quite chilly... enjoy it while you can!
I see a horrible winter ahead of us!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention... yeah for sure the weather is weird nowadays!!!
Mid November flowers were blooming on my cousin's farm!

edit on 12/4/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

i feel like this years winter has gone pfffftttttt, and it was only like 2 weeks long
. We'll see how this all levels out i guess

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by facewhatly

I'm not trying to argue with you

But technically Winter isnt even here yet!

So we do not even know whats in store for us...

December 21st - March 21st Thats 4 months of winter and in 4 months time...
it can be quite interesting!

IF I am correct I'm guessing this winter to be as bad as the last 4 winters combined!

So stock up on a few things, best be prepared than... cold, hungry and traversing dangerous roads when not need be

edit on 12/4/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

deffinatly possible, i should have realized that but i was sort of basing it on my local weather and how it usually is this time of year, it usually has snowed at least an inch by now overall, but yet we're having 50 almost 60 degree weather, i hear ya that winter time is not here yet, and i hope it snows alot cause i love winter time

edit on 12/4/2011 by facewhatly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

An international panel of experts led by NOAA and sponsored by NASA has released a new prediction for the next solar cycle. Solar Cycle 24 will peak, they say, in May 2013 with a below-average number of sunspots.
"If our prediction is correct, Solar Cycle 24 will have a peak sunspot number of 90, the lowest of any cycle since 1928 when Solar Cycle 16 peaked at 78," says panel chairman Doug Biesecker of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center.

Solar variations are of interest outside their own field primarily because of their potential impact on climate, although the scientific consensus is that solar variations do not play a major role in determining present-day global warming.[58] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Third Assessment Report states that the measured magnitude of recent solar variation is much smaller than the amplification effect due to greenhouse gases.[59]

review of existing literature published in Nature in September 2006 suggests that the evidence is solidly on the side of solar brightness having relatively little effect on global climate, with little likelihood of significant shifts in solar output over long periods of time.

AND - throughout the past 3 years (when Americans actually started noticing the wonky weather patterns) we have been through a weak El Nino and a weak La Nina. So tossing out the ol' El and La to explain away the disasters doesn't cut it anymore.

top topics

join